Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

From aggy247 poster deansmith3098:

"the difference between tu and a&m is that coach fisher actually cares while vodka tom won't do anything to support his athletes"

I suppose aggy's near total lack of acknowledgement that anything is going on is his way of caring.

Good look for them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm guessing this thread (VIP) has a lot of "not SEC ready", "Jimbo backed off, after bigger fish", ect.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/board/20/Contents/just-heading-things-off-re-ishmael-ibraheem-148173535/

Spoiler

He is committing on Monday at Noon. I am guessing most people have already realized he is not headed to A&M but I figure with his announcement nearing that people might ask. He is not going to be announcing for A&M.

Which leads to ... 

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Getafix said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He is committing on Monday at Noon. I am guessing most people have already realized he is not headed to A&M but I figure with his announcement nearing that people might ask. He is not going to be announcing for A&M.

Which leads to ... 

Hide contents

image.png

Amazing they still think they have a shot at Grimes

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

To be fair, they would have to be pretty bad to top the mouth breathers on our own football board. 

I'm in complete denial about the existence of such a place. What eeez dis fuuutbol board you speak of? 

Certainly there isn't a place with a heavy congregation of posters who would spend their time listening to the opinions of Vic Mackey and MarkStanco, right?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Lulz .... 

image.png

"One True Tight End in Fernando Garza. 

8ddd86d705603d027820adab48bcd99d.gif

I didn't realize that "true TE" had recently evolved to translate directly to "brick-footed, stone-handed blocking surface" in the modern vernacular. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I didn't realize that "true TE" had recently evolved to translate directly to "brick-footed, stone-handed blocking surface" in the modern vernacular. 

Greg Smith is what all TEs aspire to be.

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I could watch that Garza clip for an hour on loop, so that I could see him lumber the route 4 times in that hour. 

also of note. 

They took an actual fucking spare in Ernest Crownover (he's counting against THIS CLASS FFS) to stay in with Dematrius Crownover just a couple of months ago. who they have told REPEATEDLY that he is a TE for them, despite aggy fans trying to turn him into a OT or DE, so ... 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea so what other safeties were they higher on? Looking at the composite looks like they may strike out on the top 30.

do you even NE corridor, Bro? 

https://247sports.com/player/donovan-mcmillon-46097647

also, Jimbo didn't have this kid live with him for a couple of years to not land him...  (*** oh wait, he's still not going to aggy?) 

https://247sports.com/player/terrion-arnold-46084286

Oh wait, the recent offer is clearly SEC ready, stupid sip ::

https://247sports.com/player/jaden-mosley-46083396/

who are you zak longo GIF by Much

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I could watch that Garza clip for an hour on loop, so that I could see him lumber the route 4 times in that hour. 

also of note. 

They took an actual fucking spare in Ernest Crownover (he's counting against THIS CLASS FFS) to stay in with Dematrius Crownover just a couple of months ago. who they have told REPEATEDLY that he is a TE for them, despite aggy fans trying to turn him into a OT or DE, so ... 

Another Glenn Beal.

41 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Har har har ... nobody would care about this, but for the fact that these bozos keep crowing about how you need to come to A&M to play in the big games.

image.png

I guess saying “come to A&M where you’ll play some of the best schools in the country in games that would be huge nationally if we were able to be competitive” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. 

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I guess saying “come to A&M where you’ll play some of the best schools in the country in games that would be huge nationally if we were able to be competitive” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. 

I'm absolutely sure they are going with "Come to A&M, where you'll have a chance to put together film against some of the most elite athletes in the country that are headed to the NFL."

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, texifornia said:

From aggy247 poster deansmith3098:

"the difference between tu and a&m is that coach fisher actually cares while vodka tom won't do anything to support his athletes"

I suppose aggy's near total lack of acknowledgement that anything is going on is his way of caring.

this is the type of post you make if you live under a rock in Nicaragua over the last 2 months 

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea so what other safeties were they higher on? Looking at the composite looks like they may strike out on the top 30.

Right on queue -- Fong with update on said  NE corridor S - I hadn't noticed that McMillion has moved from an 86 overall mid 3-star to the #144 player in the country in the 247 rankings. Well above Jardin Gilbert and Andrew Mukuba. jesus BartonFong

Canonsburg (Pa.) Peters Township Top247 safety Donovan McMillon is aiming to make a college decision sooner rather than later and has hit the road to see his top schools with family.

Last week it was Texas A&M, this week Florida and next up Virginia Tech. Those three programs along with Oklahoma and Oregon make up the final five for the No. 7 safety in the land.

McMillon is making the rounds with his parents and three little brothers who are up-and-coming athletes themselves. His father spoke with 247Sports about the latest two trips.

“With both of them he loves the weather and he gets that a little from me because I’m a Florida boy,” Darrin said. The elder McMilon played at West Virginia Wesleyan and is now the co-defensive coordinator for Peters Township on Friday nights. He also teaches world cultures, American History and government. “Also the campuses are phenomenal.

“Donovan is the ultimate competitor and you can tell that with wrestling, the years he’s been wrestling and level of success he’s had and some with football. And there is no better conference than the SEC and he wants to compete against the best and best the best and he knows he has to go through teams like that every Saturday to compete at the highest level.”

McMillon’s father spoke on both programs starting with the first trip to A&M.

“He’s built a very, very good relationship with head coach Jimbo Fisher,” McMillon said. “They’ve had great conversations and it wasn’t about football. Coach Jimbo Fisher is a big fan of wrestling. Him and I connected we’re both West Virginia boys. I wasn’t from West Virginia but I played ball in West Virginia and he played against my alma mater years ago. Of course their academics are excellent and one thing that’s really stood out for them when they do travel they take their academic branch with them. They took their tutors and counselors and that’s a great thing. My wife and I are both educators and that’s big, academics are huge.”

The trip to Florida moved the needle as well.

“He has the relationships he’s built with the coaches,” McMillon said. “I know relationship with coaches are not above all end all because they can leave but he’s built a great relationship with Coach (Dan) Mullen and Coach Ron English. Coach English has been outstanding. The one great thing about Coach English too, he does a great job breaking down Donovan’s technique. He’s broken down Donovan’s technique during games and he sends Donovan certain technical practices and different types of drills to do and we videotape them and send them back to Coach English and he breaks them down as well. Also again, we’re both big-time educators and academics are big for us and Florida is one of the top in the country. You can see that from some of the other offers Donovan received from Harvard, Stanford and Notre Dame. He prides himself academically doing well and has a lot of great opportunities.”

McMillon is the No. 144 prospect regardless of position.

6 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

One of those guys from the northeast (PA), McMillion I think, that Looch keeps ranting about being underrated is a safety.  He's 25th S in the country according to Comp.  Coffey is 7th.