2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Will it go as the following:

Game 1 - Greinke - HOME

Game 2 - Verlander - HOME

Game 3 - Cole - AWAY

If so, call me crazy, but I think there is a decent chance of the Astros starting the series 3-0.

I don’t know about all that, but if the Astros can win game 1 they will definitely be in a good spot.

14 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Will it go as the following:

Game 1 - Greinke - HOME

Game 2 - Verlander - HOME

Game 3 - Cole - AWAY

If so, call me crazy, but I think there is a decent chance of the Astros starting the series 3-0.

i made the case a couple weeks ago to have greinke pitch g2 so he could have two home starts and have cole on the road, where it's obviously tougher.

it wasn't pretty, but that's what happened.  if greinke can pitch well in g1 and we can win, it can't be fun to be the yankees knowing that jv and cole are next, and are also lined up for 6/7.

of course joe g and ajp are only concerned that cole won't even go in the first two games, and the yankees will only have to face him twice if the series goes 7.

it wasn't pretty, but that's what happened.  if greinke can pitch well in g1 and we can win, it can't be fun to be the yankees knowing that jv and cole are next, and are also lined up for 6/7.
of course joe g and ajp are only concerned that cole won't even go in the first two games, and the yankees will only have to face him twice if the series goes 7.

As long as we get it to a game 7 if necessary...
Triggered at the thought of a series against a team from NY ending in 6 with our best pitcher in line to start game 7.

As a matter of fact, if the Yankees lose Game 1, I don't know how they can win the series.  Beating Houston 4 out of 6 when 5 of those are started by JV, Cole, or Greinke sounds damn near impossible.

And Greinke gets them in Game 1 after a long layoff for them.

I feel good, y'all.

As a matter of fact, if the Yankees lose Game 1, I don't know how they can win the series.  Beating Houston 4 out of 6 when 5 of those are started by JV, Cole, or Greinke sounds damn near impossible.
And Greinke gets them in Game 1 after a long layoff for them.
I feel good, y'all.

This is a point that is good.

Just now, Fozzz said:

lol there we’re people who insisted on here that Verlander pitched arguably as well as Cole this season.  

i know what you're saying, and i don't disagree.

but take verlander's season when he won the cy young and the mvp.  that's basically what he's done his entire astros career.  dude has been silly good.

it just so happens that cole is having a generational season.

I think he'll be sharp.  He struggled on like 12 days rest and now he'll be on normal rest and feeling like he owes us a quality start.  And I think we'll get it.

It’s amusing you feel like you understand what ZG feels like he owes anyone. Ever.

But I bet he tries hard.

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol there we’re people who insisted on here that Verlander pitched arguably as well as Cole this season.  

On here and everywhere else. He may even win the Cy Young still.  Cole has taken it to another level in the postseason. That doesn't change the stats for the season itself. 

just to clarify, according to girardi, the yankees starting pitching staff is much better than they get credit for.

against the twins:

paxton - 4.2ip

tanaka - 5ip

severino - 4ip

their bullpen can be nasty, but no need to act like they're trotting out ryan, carlton, and seaver.  once again, it'll be about whether all the relievers can be "on" on a given day.  the rays guys were for the most part.  i guess we'll see.  but it's nice to know our guys can all go 6-8 innings.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

just to clarify, according to girardi, the yankees starting pitching staff is much better than they get credit for.

against the twins:

paxton - 4.2ip

tanaka - 5ip

severino - 4ip

their bullpen can be nasty, but no need to act like they're trotting out ryan, carlton, and seaver.  once again, it'll be about whether all the relievers can be "on" on a given day.  the rays guys were for the most part.  i guess we'll see.  but it's nice to know our guys can all go 6-8 innings.

Gays relieres  were better fro to p to notttom,  no sort of hono