2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

14 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Walked up to say goodnight to the kid and stayed up to watch bottom 12.  Nice surprise!

I turned the game off in the 11th. After that 12-11 non-win comeback it's hard for me to get excited for extra innings. I watch with a sense of impending doom. fml.

It sucked that they blew it in the 9th, but two weeks ago they lost a couple of games like that instead of eventually pulling them out. I'll take it.

I had that feeling the whole game that they just seemed way too comfortable being ahead 1-0. 

Orioles are trying to set some records for HR's allowed in a season. I think I heard last night that they're one game away from the MLB record for 5 HR's allowed in a single game. Current record is 8 and they're already up to 7 and we're not even at the break. I'd like to see us help them get into the record book. Think the record is held by '94 Reds maybe. 

Edited by El Diablo

mdleast and I went out last Thursday when they were playing the Royals. We sat 1st base side but got up in the 6th inning and made our way to the top of left field and circumnavigated the stadium sitting in different sections for each half inning just to take in the sights in this final year. Ended the 9th back down on the bottom level sitting behind lower left field. I'm really going to miss this stadium when it's gone. Just a great place to watch baseball, at least in the evening hours.

• Like 5

Unfortunately Sox have been playing well so the 2nd WC is still a tight race. 1 up on them in the L column but one behind in the W column. 

This team isn't doing anything in the playoffs but it's fun to at least be in the conversation - makes the games meaningful to some degree. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Trade or extend Minor?

I was originally extend but I think 2021 is when the window is fully open not next year.  I say trade now** but I wouldn't hate an extension.

**assuming good to great return 

I mentioned this a few weeks back.  I’d actually like to extend him.  We have him through next year.   Extend him 3 addt’l years and see if he’ll do it at 4 yrs $80mn or so.  If he will, do it yesterday.  I doubt he’d take that, but I’d lay it out there.   Maybe even 4/100.  I mean, he’s 3rd in MLB rt now in WAR w/ 4.1, rt behind Berlinger and Trout 

37 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I mentioned this a few weeks back.  I’d actually like to extend him.  We have him through next year.   Extend him 3 addt’l years and see if he’ll do it at 4 yrs $80mn or so.  If he will, do it yesterday.  I doubt he’d take that, but I’d lay it out there.   Maybe even 4/100.  I mean, he’s 3rd in MLB rt now in WAR w/ 4.1, rt behind Berlinger and Trout 

I don't think he has a lot of miles on his arm although I'm not sure about his career prior to Texas.  

It sounds weird to say but finding Minor last year and Lynn this year makes me feel good about finding cast offs.  

If you go into next year with Minor, Lynn and maybe Jurado then maybe you could fill in the rest with the guys in Frisco and Nashville.

I'm thinking the BP gets better when guys like Fairbanks and Clase and Barlow and Evans get called up.  Fairbanks probably in the next month or so and the others in Sept.

Minor is showing some signs of losing a bit of his edge, but he's still pitching well. If they're gonna trade him his value will probably never be higher than it is now. If they can get the right return for a starting pitcher prospect they kinda need to do it. Otherwise, I think Minor is scrappy enough that he'll have a lot of value in the next couple of years as a rotation guy.

• Like 1