Dallas Stars 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

I ended up scoring a free ticket last night so made it again (I'm seriously using up all my damn 2019 hall passes at this point).  These 8:30 starts sure suck for work the next day but noticeable difference in crowd energy to start with the extra 90 minutes of boozing.  Flattened some when they scored first but once we started scoring, as Brewster would say, it was "LIT" for sure.  Good times.  Can't wait for Sunday.    Got in Binnington's head a little last night - need to get to him early Friday and he could come apart.

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I ended up scoring a free ticket last night so made it again (I'm seriously using up all my damn 2019 hall passes at this point).  These 8:30 starts sure suck for work the next day but noticeable difference in crowd energy to start with the extra 90 minutes of boozing.  Flattened some when they scored first but once we started scoring, as Brewster would say, it was "LIT" for sure.  Good times.  Can't wait for Sunday.    Got in Binnington's head a little last night - need to get to him early Friday and he could come apart.

Yeah, I'm on the hunt for reasonable tickets for Sunday. Have had the kids for each of the past two games. Do we have a game time for Sun yet?

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, I'm on the hunt for reasonable tickets for Sunday. Have had the kids for each of the past two games. Do we have a game time for Sun yet?

FWIW I watched a regular season game this year from the nosebleeds.  I don't think there's a bad seat in the arena.

8 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Will Firemans ever admit his multiple rants about Nill were wrong?  That is the true question. 

I’m pleased this season turned around from the end of February. At that point we were on the outside looking in and had won 1 playoff series in his 5+ seasons as GM. Hintz and Dickinson turning it on down the stretch make his draft record look significantly less terrible. 

Go Stars!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m pleased this season turned around from the end of February. At that point we were on the outside looking in and had won 1 playoff series in his 5+ seasons as GM. Hintz and Dickinson turning it on down the stretch make his draft record look significantly less terrible. 

Go Stars!

Hintz was in the trade of Cole, he's the pick we got from Det . Backmann and Janmark were the primary parts. He was 49th.

1. The Detroit Red Wings' second-round pick went to the Dallas Stars as the result of a trade on March 1, 2015 that sent Erik Cole and a conditional third-round pick in 2015 to Detroit in exchange for Mattias Janmark, Mattias Backmanand this pick.[38]
Edited by cactusflinthead

FWIW I watched a regular season game this year from the nosebleeds.  I don't think there's a bad seat in the arena.

I don’t mind sitting up there for hockey at all. Probably not an issue because I watched several hundred games from the press box (worst seats in AAC) I like the corners or behind the goals even so you can see all the weaving they do. Very cool.

Anyway, tonight’s game is massive. Winner of Game 5 goes on to win 79% of the time in NHL playoffs.

I have 2 (116, row K seats 8 and 9; 11th row faceoff circle) on end Stars shoot twice I'm selling for $275/per if any interest.   Full disclosure:  I have blue line aisle seats I paid $290 for and bought these speculative after game 3 loss attempting to make small profit to offset the absurd amount I'm spending on playoffs (and booze that entails) generally.  Reserve the right to bump if unsold and Stars win as I think market will rise.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

I have 2 (116, row K seats 8 and 9; 11th row faceoff circle) on end Stars shoot twice I'm selling for $275/per if any interest.   Full disclosure:  I have blue line aisle seats I paid $290 for and bought these speculative after game 3 loss attempting to make small profit to offset the absurd amount I'm spending on playoffs (and booze that entails) generally.  Reserve the right to bump if unsold and Stars win as I think market will rise.

These sold on 3rd party site FYI (small profit will pay for Sunday beers).

22 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Go Stars!

I liked Dickinson's grit earlier in the year when many were shitting all over him. Now that we have two lines (presumably) he can do his thing and looks great when he kicks in a goal. He's got three in this series alone, right?

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I won’t lie. I’m pretty excited and nervous. But I’ve got some whiskey and big ice cubes- should be cool  

<pantera> Dallas! </pantera>

Same here. Good sports night. Stars game of course. Got some NBA playoffs and Rangers game. Templeton rye whisky for the evening.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

sticking to weed tonight. these playoffs have done a number on my liver. I'm giving it a rest tonight

You just reminded me that I brought home gummies from Oregon back in late feb. they’re just sitting there. Headed to the closet to retrieve them now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1