2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

Vic I'm saying this nicely but can you please chill with the memes or start a different thread. You've taken up like half of this page with full size images regarding a series no one on here really gives a shit about. 
I care about the series. I enjoy both teams.

And it's the 1st round of the playoffs. Which series so far are intriguing? One?

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

KD could have 50 tonight but doubt he plays much in the 4th.  The whole "Patrick Beverly is in KD's head" was for the folks that don't understand basketball....

Nothing says being in their head like letting them amass 19, 31 and 35 point leads in consecutive games!

I think most reasonable people realized that the other night was a total fluke, and this series is very, very unlikely to go past 5 games.

49 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I care about the series. I enjoy both teams.

And it's the 1st round of the playoffs. Which series so far are intriguing? One?

You're cool man. Agree it's been a weak first round so far. 

41 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

KD could have 50 tonight but doubt he plays much in the 4th.  The whole "Patrick Beverly is in KD's head" was for the folks that don't understand basketball....

Talking heads have to talk about something. KD right now though has the highest BBIQ and mental toughness he's ever had and has had a very marginal drop off in athleticism if any. I honestly think Cousins going down will benefit them as it will get Durant out of that team mentality shit and just let him take over games.

What LeBron has always had on Durant is the overall understanding of the game and decision making, but Durant has recently gotten very close to that Bird/LeBron level of awareness and ability to think a step ahead - and on top of it I think he has an edge on Bron in passion for the game itself and that nasty, trash-talk complexion. I just don't think anyone in the West can hang with that staring them in the face for 7 games especially with Curry and Klay behind KD.

The wildcard to me is Giannis and the Bucks. But Giannis is probably a year away from besting the best in the world under the brightest lights. Durant seems too locked in right now to let the 3 peat slip through his fingers before he goes and starts his 2nd (3rd?) chapter with the Knicks. 

Good video/example of what I'm talking about for anyone that hasn't seen it:

It’s the same narrative that the media and even some on here try to establish game to game. The blazers win two games at home(which they are supposed to do) and now the blazers are going to the wcf, the warriors lose one game and they don’t have what it takes to win it all, KD sucks now, blah blah blah. Things change game to game because teams make adjustments then counter adjustments are made. I fully expect the jazz to win tomorrow and the rockets to adjust and win game 4 and go back up 3-1, I won’t be surprised if Denver wins game 4 and ties it up and I won’t be shocked to watch the thunder tie it up with the blazers. Then we get to watch the media move the goal posts back and forth. This happens every single year.

29 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It’s the same narrative that the media and even some on here try to establish game to game. The blazers win two games at home(which they are supposed to do) and now the blazers are going to the wcf, the warriors lose one game and they don’t have what it takes to win it all, KD sucks now, blah blah blah. Things change game to game because teams make adjustments then counter adjustments are made. I fully expect the jazz to win tomorrow and the rockets to adjust and win game 4 and go back up 3-1, I won’t be surprised if Denver wins game 4 and ties it up and I won’t be shocked to watch the thunder tie it up with the blazers. Then we get to watch the media move the goal posts back and forth. This happens every single year.

Yep, particularly with the first round.     Constant kneejerk reactions with 2-3 days in between games. 

3 hours ago, CBT said:

Is there a story behind this?

Barry Trammel had the audacity to criticize the team he covers and not be an unabashed homer, so Westbrook decided he was gonna be a petty little douche about it.

Guy would not last in a bigger market; fine by me. OKC deserves what they get with him.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Barry Trammel had the audacity to criticize the team he covers and not be an unabashed homer, so Westbrook decided he was gonna be a petty little douche about it.

Guy would not last in a bigger market; fine by me. OKC deserves what they get with him.

RW's saltiness is going to get worse as he gets older and continues to decline.

Advanced

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   OWS DWS WS WS/48   OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
2008-09 20 OKC NBA PG 82 2668 15.2 .489 .118 .391 7.6 9.7 8.6 27.5 2.1 0.4 17.6 25.8   -0.1 2.0 1.9 .035   0.1 -0.2 -0.1 1.3
2009-10 21 OKC NBA PG 82 2813 17.8 .491 .090 .364 6.0 10.3 8.2 38.6 2.0 0.9 16.6 25.7   2.7 3.4 6.1 .105   1.4 0.6 2.1 2.9
2010-11 22 OKC NBA PG 82 2847 23.6 .538 .074 .454 5.2 10.3 7.8 42.7 2.8 0.8 15.9 31.6   6.3 3.1 9.4 .159   4.4 0.5 5.0 5.0
2011-12 23 OKC NBA PG 66 2331 22.9 .538 .155 .326 5.0 9.4 7.4 29.8 2.5 0.7 14.2 32.7   5.5 2.4 7.9 .163   3.7 -0.5 3.2 3.0
2012-13 24 OKC NBA PG 82 2861 23.9 .532 .195 .375 4.8 11.8 8.6 38.4 2.6 0.6 13.2 32.8   7.7 3.9 11.6 .195   4.7 0.3 5.0 5.1
2013-14 25 OKC NBA PG 46 1412 24.7 .545 .271 .370 4.6 15.9 10.5 40.2 3.1 0.4 16.1 34.4   3.0 2.3 5.2 .178   5.2 1.2 6.4 3.0
2014-15 26 OKC NBA PG 67 2302 29.1 .536 .196 .445 5.9 16.7 11.4 47.0 3.0 0.5 14.3 38.4   7.5 3.2 10.6 .222   8.8 2.2 11.0 7.6
2015-16 27 OKC NBA PG 80 2750 27.6 .554 .236 .397 6.1 18.1 12.4 49.6 2.9 0.6 16.8 31.6   10.0 4.0 14.0 .245   7.6 2.4 10.0 8.3
2016-17 28 OKC NBA PG 81 2802 30.6 .554 .300 .433 5.4 28.8 17.1 57.3 2.3 0.9 15.9 41.7   8.5 4.6 13.1 .224   10.9 4.7 15.6 12.4
2017-18 29 OKC NBA PG 80 2914 24.7 .524 .193 .336 5.6 25.7 15.3 49.8 2.5 0.6 16.4 34.1   5.5 4.5 10.1 .166   5.1 3.1 8.2 7.5
2018-19 30 OKC NBA PG 73 2630 21.1 .501 .279 .306 4.1 28.3 15.8 46.5 2.5 1.1 16.3 30.9   1.8 5.0 6.8 .124   2.5 3.9 6.5 5.6

Utah has looked pretty shitty in this series. I mean Houston is a good team but the Jazz have pissed away countless chances at making this a competitive series.
Warriors are going to roll Houston imo. 

So the Jazz pissed away countless chances in the previous 32 and 20 point losses?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Fuck the rockets 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Utah has looked pretty shitty in this series. I mean Houston is a good team but the Jazz have pissed away countless chances at making this a competitive series.

Warriors are going to roll Houston imo. 

When did Dallas fans turn into aggy?  When the Cowboys were the Yankees of football, Dallas fans used to be better.   I guess most of y'all weren't even born when Aikman was there.  Its kind of sad to see a once proud fan base have their offspring turn into aggy.  23 years is a long time though.  Yankees have only gone without for 10.  Salary cap is a bitch, huh?

Edited by FondrenRoad

31 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

When did Dallas fans turn into aggy?  When the Cowboys were the Yankees of football, Dallas fans used to be better.   I guess most of y'all weren't even born when Aikman was there.  Its kind of sad to see a once proud fan base have their offspring turn into aggy.  23 years is a long time though.  Yankees have only gone without for 10.  Salary cap is a bitch, huh?

I'm a Spurs fan you aggy-calling cunt bitch. That means my team has 5 titles since the Rockets last hoisted one only because MJ was playing baseball (don't worry, I was alive for all five).

Beyond that, I'm offering objective takes on the western conference playoffs. Harden just went 3 of 20 in a win. You think that's going to cut it without HCA against the Ws? I stand by my opinion that Golden State is going to rip you a new asshole and that it's going to be like playing against kindergartners for Durant. Your "superstar" has to rely on the opposing team shitting the bed to get bailed out for a game 3 win. KD and Steph are going to murder the Rockets and unfortunately it isn't that entertaining or good for the league but that's the NBA that we are watching. Their only threat is if they can't contain Giannis in the Finals but Giannis is a little green for that spotlight imo.  

Just now, ztejas said:

I'm a Spurs fan you aggy-calling cunt bitch. That means my team has 5 titles since the Rockets last hoisted one only because MJ was playing baseball (don't worry, I was alive for all five).

Beyond that, I'm offering objective takes on the western conference playoffs. Harden just went 3 of 20 in a win. You think that's going to cut it without HCA against the Ws? I stand by my opinion that Golden State is going to rip you a new asshole and that it's going to be like playing against kindergartners for Durant. Your "superstar" has to rely on the opposing team shitting the bed to get bailed out for a game 3 win. KD and Steph are going to murder the Rockets and unfortunately it isn't that entertaining or good for the league but that's the NBA that we are watching. Their only threat is if they can't contain Giannis in the Finals but Giannis is a little green for that spotlight imo.  

And yet even with those 5 titles, you still are acting like second fiddle.  Riding on GS nuts begging for a Rockets loss.  You may as well be chanting SEC.  But that SA inferiority complex isn't sports related. It's city related.  You are what, 4th fiddle in Texas now after Austin grew up?  The only large Texas city without a decent economy and a national draw? 

BTW, in my opinion, SA is a fantastic city.  It has a culture that Houston, Dallas, and Austin don't have.  And the Spurs are a class franchise. It just isn't a big market and it never will be. Spurs are my second favorite team even. SA isn't aggy. You are.

And, IMO, the NBA isn't entertaining at all now. I prefer the 90s when you could handcheck and arm bar. The touch fouls they call now ruin the game. Durant would have been snapped in two in the 80s and 90s. Harden too. 

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And yet even with those 5 titles, you still are acting like second fiddle.  Riding on GS nuts begging for a Rockets loss.  You may as well be chanting SEC.  But that SA inferiority complex isn't sports related. It's city related.  You are what, 4th fiddle in Texas now after Austin grew up?  The only large Texas city without a decent economy and a national draw? 

BTW, in my opinion, SA is a fantastic city.  It has a culture that Houston, Dallas, and Austin don't have.  And the Spurs are a class franchise. It just isn't a big market and it never will be. Spurs are my second favorite team even. SA isn't aggy. You are.

And, IMO, the NBA isn't entertaining at all now. I prefer the 90s when you could handcheck and arm bar. The touch fouls they call now ruin the game. Durant would have been snapped in two in the 80s and 90s. Harden too. 

I'm from Austin and have lived in Dallas for 5 years. You should shut the fuck up and go to bed before you post anything more retarded than what you've managed so far. But, you seem drunk and I'll give you a pass my man. I'm cheering for a Rockets/Spurs WCF and Hook 'em. 

I mean how does a guy like Mitchell have a bigger profile than someone like Devin Booker? (I know the answer is 'playoffs',  it still; dude is nothing more than a volume scorer with poor decision making, and he gets quite a bit of star treatment. He sure hasn't earned it yet. 

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

I mean how does a guy like Mitchell have a bigger profile than someone like Devin Booker? (I know the answer is 'playoffs',  it still; dude is nothing more than a volume scorer with poor decision making, and he gets quite a bit of star treatment. He sure hasn't earned it yet. 

Because the Suns are the worst team in the league

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Isn’t it a sign of a good team that wins even when it’s star player has a bad game? You guys that are rocket and harden haters can’t have it both ways. You can’t say the rockets are only good when Harden goes off, you know kinda like when he blew his load for 61 against the spurs, and now move the goal posts to Houston can’t beat the warriors because harden had a bad game. Lol go worry about how you will survive the mighty butt nuggets. 

9 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I'm pretty sure calling harden a playoff choker dates back to his time with ok against the heat.

Difference in this year is when Harden had a bad game Houston would lose, they are deeper and play better defense this season.

Utah and Houston had the 2 best records after the all star break and the Rockets have held them to 90, 98, and 101. None of this means Houston will beat one of the best teams ever assembled in GS, it does show Houston doesn't revolve around Harden having to drop 61 to win.

I do think it's funny a guy like ztejas says he can "objectively talk about the west" then talk about the spurs 5 titles(like a 9 year old) then say the Utah has had countless chances and they've just blow it even though they were blown out in the first two games which all led to his "the warriors are gonna roll against Houston" after watching the first half of a road game that Houston ends up winning and the warriors have already lost to the clippers at home and is still giving up close to 115ppg. Super objective. lol.