2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I mean, that's a cool ending and bonkers to win the game, but it's a fucking terrible shot and offense.  A contested 40 foot shot because you're dribbling the clock out is dumb.  That's pretty much a prayer and probably less than 20% average FG% from there.  All of that typed, heck of a shot.  lol.

And that's the modern NBA for you. Elite players make terrible shots look good.

This sums up OKC and the Thunder with Russ.

Tonight, with their back against the wall, they get this:

PG:  14-20 from the field

Adams:  5-8 

J Grant:  7-8 (fire)

Schroeder 7-10 

Those are the next 4 guys on the Thunder and they shot 71% from the field tonight for 79 points.  The rest of the Thunder were 8-16 from BYA.  

Westbrook was 11-31 FGA.  3-11 3PT.  But he got that triple double tho.... and he will have a cavalcade of defenders tomorrow.  I don't doubt his desire.... I doubt his self awareness and ability to understand the game.

RW has always been a 2.  They should've have kept Reggie Jackson edit bitches.  as a true point or now have someone conservative run the show.  An Andre Miller in his mid career would have been perfect.  

Edited by NowThis

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

RW has always been a 2.  They should've have kept Reggie Washington as a true point or now have someone conservative run the show.  An Andre Miller in his mid career would have been perfect.  

Related to Boom Boom Washington?

397893cb8f28ea9735c7797930a9648b2767b921

Pretty sure you mean Reggie Jackson and that's pretty much who Schroeder is.  Jackson is really a combo guard too.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I mean, that's a cool ending and bonkers to win the game, but it's a fucking terrible shot and offense.  A contested 40 foot shot because you're dribbling the clock out is dumb.  That's pretty much a prayer and probably less than 20% average FG% from there.  All of that typed, heck of a shot.  lol.

But it's Damian Lillard.  Outside of the ridiculousness if that very specific scenario, he's the 2nd best long distance shooter after Curry.  There's some shot chart of percentages by distance, and he's actually better at 28ft shots than he is at 24,25,26

Dudes a monster

5 hours ago, NowThis said:

RW has always been a 2.  They should've have kept Reggie Jackson edit bitches.  as a true point or now have someone conservative run the show.  An Andre Miller in his mid career would have been perfect.  

Reggie Jackson is in no way a true PG.   He is a very shitty version of RW.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I've never liked that "play" just dribbling out the clock and shooting in these situations.   Dame hit a fucking incredible shot but these situations are very low percentage.  With that kind of time on the clock why not run a play?    I guees since it was a tie game and they were at home they were good make or miss but as a coach you are not putting your team in the best position to win.   

Then again, Dame is Dame.  Fucking incredible shot in a huge situation.

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, d2o said:

That should be his profile pic on social media. Then respond to everything Westbrook and Shroeder post. Maybe a watch emoji. He can capitalize big time with this.

Yep, that is an incredible pic.   Should go down amongst the best sports pics in history.   Adidas should be jumping on this big time too.

Edited by d2o

The 25 million dollar man got worked by Kanter with a bad shoulder. What a joke. Adams is garbage and I'm glad the Thunder are stuck with that albatross of a contract. Adams never became an All-star, earned a spot on the All-nba team or even found his way onto the all-defensive team. The goof legitimately just hangs around the paint and dunks the ball when he's unchecked.