2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

this is the craziest offseason in NBA history by a country mile. just insane. so much more than i had anticipated or hoped for. i've never looked forward to an NBA regular season more than I am this upcoming one. wow. all i can say is wow. 
Rockets fan in Austin. I guess we getting/renewing League Pass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Not sure Westbrook contract but for me I think getting rid of the cp3 albatross contract is worth it and Westbrook is younger and definitely more trade able if it’s not working than cp3 ever was.

Westbrook's contract is worse than Paul's, I don't see how this works at all, but Russ and James are friends more than Paul and Harden. I think for the next 2 years, the Rockets are better because Russ is better than Paul right now, but after that the Rockets are done with Harden and Westbrook making over $80M combined.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Credit him for doing well in the trades, but he's really not been  competent in building a team that won anything.

Presti is great at managing star contracts but his major weakness is the supporting cast.  They've been terrible most years.

• Like 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Chris Paul is the biggest asshole in the nba on the court. Sending him to OKC is the funniest shit on earth. Well played morey.. congrats Houston fans. You no longer have to pretend to like cp3

No... now they have to pretend to like Westbrook's game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Chris Paul is the biggest asshole in the nba on the court. Sending him to OKC is the funniest shit on earth. Well played morey.. congrats Houston fans. You no longer have to pretend to like cp3

But now we must pretend to like Russ.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

They got picks and an eventually expiring contract, which they’ll be able to deal.   

Yeah, OKC May have mailed it in, but they’ll be able to trade and draft their way into a good situation.  

At this stage in their careers, I don’t see how Russ & Beard mesh.  

Just now, Trey3216 said:

They got picks and an eventually expiring contract, which they’ll be able to deal.   

Yeah, OKC May have mailed it in, but they’ll be able to trade and draft their way into a good situation.  

At this stage in their careers, I don’t see how Russ & Beard mesh.  

Then watch it fall apart.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

It took taking on the 2nd worst contract in the league, but Presti got some first round picks for Russ. Not bad. Also, fuck Chris Paul. Enjoy irrelevance and never making an NBA Finals.

But Melo was gonna be the extra piece to win it all!!!!!

• Like 1