2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

Bradley has really struggled with injuries and his shot the last couple of years but for cheap I guess he's not a bad addition.  Can provide some D and 3 point shooting but man he's been pretty terrible since he left Boston.  I think playing with better players and having a small role may suit him.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We should all teach our children the following very valuable lessons:

1. when you are unhappy or want to be somewhere else, you should fake the severity of an injury and then go through 11 doctors before finding one that will confirm your diagnosis

2. don't do the job you have been paid for

3. don't give your employer any explanation for your behavior

4. ignore all contact from your employer and when they fly halfway across the country to meet in person, you should literally hide from them

5. let someone else make important decisions for you

6. avoid conflict at all costs

7. don't support your teammates during the playoffs

8. take zero personal responsibility and show no accountability for your actions

9. continue to wear your hair in a manner that went out of style 20+ years ago

10. Don't ever get over a breakup. 

You should collaborate with weirdo Toronto fans who hate him now too.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Supposedly, they're planning on starting Gallinari at the 4 spot so they traded Grant.  With Gallinari's injury history, that means Nerlens Noel will start some games alongside Andre Roberson.  Holy hell that lineup might not score 60 points.

That trade had absolutely zero to do with the who is starting and what kind of role they are projected to play on the court. Grant was a straight up salary dump to get them out of the tax. It saved them $40 million and they got to put another first round pick in their back pocket. That's why they had been trying so hard to dump Adams but the PG trade managed to speed that whole process along.

Right now, the only thing they are planning on is collecting ping pong balls. They are going to be fucking horrible for the foreseeable future.

3 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

You should collaborate with weirdo Toronto fans who hate him now too.

I don't hate the guy. I just think he went about his business with the Spurs in a despicable manner and shouldn't be hailed as some sort of role model just because he won a ring with Raptors. I give the guy all the respect in the world for his work ethic and the kind of player he is, but please don't ever tell me he was ever about anything other than himself. 

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he follows in the footsteps of the long line of Clipper legends such as Bill Walton, World B. Free, Reggie Williams, Loy Vaught, Danny Manning, Michael Olawakandi, Blake Griffin, and Shawn Livingston.

18 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't hate the guy. I just think he went about his business with the Spurs in a despicable manner and shouldn't be hailed as some sort of role model just because he won a ring with Raptors. I give the guy all the respect in the world for his work ethic and the kind of player he is, but please don't ever tell me he was ever about anything other than himself. 

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he follows in the footsteps of the long line of Clipper legends such as Bill Walton, World B. Free, Reggie Williams, Loy Vaught, Danny Manning, Michael Olawakandi, Blake Griffin, and Shawn Livingston.

For a second I got him and Reggie Lewis confused and I was like

tenor.gif?itemid=5297975

but I'm not as good of a person as Mitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Bradley has really struggled with injuries and his shot the last couple of years but for cheap I guess he's not a bad addition.  Can provide some D and 3 point shooting but man he's been pretty terrible since he left Boston.  I think playing with better players and having a small role may suit him.

He showed flashes of being back to his Celtics period form after the Clips traded him.  

I actually like what the Lakers are doing in Plan B after missing out on Leonard -- bolster what has been an ugly defense the past several years (Bradley and Green are both plus defenders, McGee affords some rim protection) and get some outside shooters (Green, Daniels, Cook, and Bradley if his shot is back) who can spot up and drain threes playing an inside-out game with Davis and drive-and-kicks from Lebron.  The Lakers are focusing on getting pieces that will complement the nucleus of Lebron, AD and Kuzma, and frankly that's what they needed to do.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

I'll give Presti credit on this.  He doesn't seem able to put together a championship roster (mostly the supporting cast) but he understands the trade market.

Finally! Definitive proof the OKC was right to prioritize Ibaka over Harden!

i kid, i kid

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He showed flashes of being back to his Celtics period form after the Clips traded him.  

I actually like what the Lakers are doing in Plan B after missing out on Leonard -- bolster what has been an ugly defense the past several years (Bradley and Green are both plus defenders, McGee affords some rim protection) and get some outside shooters (Green, Daniels, Cook, and Bradley if his shot is back) who can spot up and drain threes playing an inside-out game with Davis and drive-and-kicks from Lebron.  The Lakers are focusing on getting pieces that will complement the nucleus of Lebron, AD and Kuzma, and frankly that's what they needed to do.

Yeah, the supporting cast will be vastly improved, and that's before adding in AD.

6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We should all teach our children the following very valuable lessons:

1. when you are unhappy or want to be somewhere else, you should fake the severity of an injury and then go through 11 doctors before finding one that will confirm your diagnosis

2. don't do the job you have been paid for

3. don't give your employer any explanation for your behavior 

4. ignore all contact from your employer and when they fly halfway across the country to meet in person, you should literally hide from them

5. let someone else make important decisions for you

6. avoid conflict at all costs

7. don't support your teammates during the playoffs

8. take zero personal responsibility and show no accountability for your actions

9. continue to wear your hair in a manner that went out of style 20+ years ago

Maybe he just didn't like the city, just like everyone outside San Antonio doesn't.

Listened to Bill Simmons' latest podcast and he hates everything OKC has ever done but he loves this deal for them.  Thought it was the greatest take ever and said it was every GM's dream.

It'll be interesting to see what they can do with Westbrook's deal.  They shouldn't send it to Miami because they have a vested interested in their two picks but if Miami is willing to take on that albatross of a deal, OKC might just need to sacrifice that part.

All of you Kawhi lovers can rot in hell with him. He’s a gigantic fucking somewhere on the spectrum child who lets his completely unqualified uncle run his career. I hope the next earthquake swallows them both whole.

9 hours ago, Hate said:

All of you Kawhi lovers can rot in hell with him. He’s a gigantic fucking somewhere on the spectrum child who lets his completely unqualified uncle run his career. I hope the next earthquake swallows them both whole.

2 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

And he's in his prime. They have so many years of Kawhi robotically destroying basketball teams.

I’m already rooting for a Clippers-Spurs first round matchup. 

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Spurs fans feel about Kawhi like OKC fans feel about KD.

KD fulfilled his contractual obligation to the franchise and was a free agent.  KD gave 9 years of his career to the franchise, 8 of which building Oklahoma City from nothing, in the arena and in the community.  Most of Oklahoma was just being petty little bitches.  San Antonio has a real gripe.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

KD fulfilled his contractual obligation to the franchise and was a free agent.  KD gave 9 years of his career to the franchise, 8 of which building Oklahoma City from nothing, in the arena and in the community.  Most of Oklahoma was just being petty little bitches.  San Antonio has a real gripe.

100%. KD was a free agent. Kawhi was an asshole. 

So which roster and starting 5 is better?  What is a better 1-2, LBJ/AD or KL/PG?  I submit the Lakers to all 3 questions.  Clipping this so I would swap Kuzma for Rondo in the starting 5, with LBJ at the point as has been stated they will do.

Lakers roster

Projected starting lineup

• Rajon Rondo -- Point Guard
  • Danny Green -- Shooting Guard
  • LeBron James -- Small Forward
  • Anthony Davis -- Power Forward
  • DeMarcus Cousins -- Center

Clippers roster:

Projected starting lineup:

• Patrick Beverley -- Point Guard
  • Landry Shamet -- Shooting Guard
  • Kawhi Leonard -- Small Forward
  • Paul George -- Power Forward
  • Montrezl Harrell -- Center

22 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

So which roster and starting 5 is better?  What is a better 1-2, LBJ/AD or KL/PG?  I submit the Lakers to all 3 questions.  Clipping this so I would swap Kuzma for Rondo in the starting 5, with LBJ at the point as has been stated they will do.

Lakers roster

Projected starting lineup

• Rajon Rondo -- Point Guard
  • Danny Green -- Shooting Guard
  • LeBron James -- Small Forward
  • Anthony Davis -- Power Forward
  • DeMarcus Cousins -- Center

Clippers roster:

Projected starting lineup:

• Patrick Beverley -- Point Guard
  • Landry Shamet -- Shooting Guard
  • Kawhi Leonard -- Small Forward
  • Paul George -- Power Forward
  • Montrezl Harrell -- Center

LAC all fucking day. Better starting lineup and way, way better depth.