2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

PG isn't all world, good but not a title maker.  Lakers have a good roster now with Danny Green and my man Javale , along with Kuzma.  What a blessing for them to get rid of Lonzo. 

haha as a lakers fan i’m much more happy about this than i am disappointed in missing out on KL. 

also not going back to quote y’all, but @those laughing at lakers signings of green, mcgee, etc who else would be better acquisitions at this point? the money has to go somewhere or they lose it when the AD trade is official. better to spend a bit more and know what you’re getting in return as opposed to having less to spend on unknown or lesser players. 

9 minutes ago, joe dirt said:

haha as a lakers fan i’m much more happy about this than i am disappointed in missing out on KL. 

also not going back to quote y’all, but @those laughing at lakers signings of green, mcgee, etc who else would be better acquisitions at this point? the money has to go somewhere or they lose it when the AD trade is official. better to spend a bit more and know what you’re getting in return as opposed to having less to spend on unknown or lesser players. 

green and Javale are recent NBA champions and excellent values. I wish my Rox had them. 

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Just in case there was anyone left who considered this moron an "Insider":

Yea, he's a joke.  He's on the outside of everything.  I just sort of laugh at this stuff.

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

They were boys just last summer, it's why PG decided to stay.  I wonder what happened?  Was it something that started on the court (Russ' ball hogging BS) or off the court?

3 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Good luck picking teams 6-8 in the West next year. Have to think 1-5 will be the Jazz, Nuggets, LAL, LAC and Rockets in some order. 6-8 will be a free for all between Portland, SAS, OKC, Kings, GSW, and Mavs. Portland is the only one of those teams I would feel confident picking to make the final 8. 

You can probably eliminate the Thunder from that group now.  

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

OKC should take RW to the NYK for even more picks, forming a team of young studs in the 2024-2030 era. 

Knicks reportedly pulled out of the KD AND the Kawhi running for different reasons (mainly because they weren't being considered).  It would be so Knicks to then overpay for a roster gutting Westbrook.  So Dolan.

I'm just stoked that PG is finally out of Indiana and Oklahoma. "Playoff P" failures aside, dude is an absolute beast. Now he's finally on a team where he's the clear #2 (with a crazy clutch #1) and doesn't have to carry an offense. He's going to wreck shop in that role.

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

What's the NBA record for most FGA per game?

Whatever it is, I gotta think RW has a chance to eclipse it.

He should go balls out to try to avg a quadruple double (TO’s).  Would increase his trade value to the Knicks too.  

So if you’re OKC, why not hold onto RW to keep attendance up and move everyone else. Empty the books other than RW. They will be plenty bad and able to tank plus they can move Adams for expirings/assets and I think you could get a decent return for Danilo once he’s eligible to move again.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So if you’re OKC, why not hold onto RW to keep attendance up and move everyone else. Empty the books other than RW. They will be plenty bad and able to tank plus they can move Adams for expirings/assets and I think you could get a decent return for Danilo once he’s eligible to move again.

Yep.  I think they’re good as is.  Competitive.   Definitely entertaining.  Just think if they did get firsts for WB you have to make that move.  But that’s not happening.  

20 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Got it back on Space Jam 2.

Well, sure.  But you and I don't think like AD.  He was persuaded by Rich Paul and the Lakers to give up this money to get Kawhi, Walker, Irving, someone worthy of coughing up the cash.  Instead, he gave it up for them to spend on Quinn Cook, KCP, McGee and two years of the Danny Green Experience.  I wouldn't call that a fair swap, if I'm AD.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27133948/sources-westbrook-talking-next-steps-okc

Oklahoma City's All-Star guard Russell Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, are engaged with Thunder GM Sam Presti about the next steps of Westbrook's career, including the possibility of a trade prior to the start of next season, league sources told ESPN.

The two sides have 11 years of history together and both understand that the time has likely come to explore trade possibilities for Westbrook, league sources tell ESPN.

The remaining four-years and $170 million on Westbrook's contract is no longer sensible for a non-contender.

EDIT: Machinator beat me to it.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Probably what they do unless Westbrook asks to be traded.  But I could see Adams move at or before the trade deadline now.  I think Gallo will definitely be moved if they're not in playoff contention.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I figured once all the money dried up there was little doubt Boogie would end up on the Lakers.   I think DAL is one of two teams with any real money and he doesnt fit there at all.   Low risk, VERY high reward signing for the Lakers as if Boogie gets back to what it was it will be in yr 2 after his injury.    He will be motivated too as he still hopes to get that last big deal.

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, sure.  But you and I don't think like AD.  He was persuaded by Rich Paul and the Lakers to give up this money to get Kawhi, Walker, Irving, someone worthy of coughing up the cash.  Instead, he gave it up for them to spend on Quinn Cook, KCP, McGee and two years of the Danny Green Experience.  I wouldn't call that a fair swap, if I'm AD.

NO has to wonder how OKC ended up with so much more - well the how was a desperate LAC team with pressure from Kawhi.   They still gotta be a little disappointed.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Meh, he gave it up to help them get a better team around him and LBJ.  I'm sure he hoped it was Kawhi but he also knows that there other spots to fill.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

NO has to wonder how OKC ended up with so much more - well the how was a desperate LAC team with pressure from Kawhi.   They still gotta be a little disappointed.  

just last week yall were saying NO cleaned the Lakers out now you think they didnt get enough?

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Also, the OKC trade with LAC was (in effect) for both Paul George and Kawhi. By all accounts the Clippers needed to get the former to secure the latter.

interesting spin

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know, AD waived his trade kicker just so they could lure Leonard.  Leonard now goes elsewhere.

AD willingly gave up $4 million for nothing.

AD didn’t give up any money. He’s getting that 4 mil, just not on the books.

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

OKC should trade RW for the Knicks next four first round picks.  Then they'd have three lottery picks in each of the next 4 drafts or something like that.

The Knicks are dumb but are even they that dumb? 

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rondo and Cousins? Damn. Any more locker room cancers the Lakers want to add?

They already signed Javale McGee.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

AD didn’t give up any money. He’s getting that 4 mil, just not on the books.

As I said, it's not the money.  It's what the Lakers told AD what they wanted to do with that money, which didn't happen.

He gave up $4 million (forget the movie) for the team he had in New Orleans + LeBron and Kuzma.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

As I said, it's not the money.  It's what the Lakers told AD what they wanted to do with that money, which didn't happen.

He gave up $4 million (forget the movie) for the team he had in New Orleans + LeBron and Kuzma.  

He is about to get 250M next summer.   He aint sweating 4 now to better help him.

Boogie's a good signing for them.  AD likes him, he can give them 25 minutes off the bench and he'll be close to 2 years off of Achilles surgery.  If he makes waves, you cut him because he's not much more than a minimum.  Rondo is Rondo.  He'll have a few big games and while he's become a competent 3 point shooter, he's still a terrible shooter overall and a bad fit for the modern game but as an experienced vet off the bench, he's fine on a minimum.

Edited by Patrick Bateman