West Virginia @ Texas Series

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Holy Shit.  Seems like ever since we were up 6-0 in Waco and got rained out from finishing the game we have been snake bit.

Making four errors and giving up tons of runs in the last few innings is not being snake bit. It is not being good.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Right after game, Pierce about to get into it with a West Virginia player...... Yelling shut up at the kid

CDC needs to review this tape..... Not sure what was happening??

He'll have our pitcher bean their only player with a full set of teeth tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

glad I didn't watch another glorious David Pierce coached meltdown.  David Pierce will be gone in 2 years.   he won't be able to recruit well enough to fix this and color me very skeptical on his ability to coach up pitchers.

Don’t stop with pitching.

I’m hard pressed to name something they’re fundamentally sound in. Seriously ... 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

glad I didn't watch another glorious David Pierce coached meltdown.  David Pierce will be gone in 2 years.   he won't be able to recruit well enough to fix this and color me very skeptical on his ability to coach up pitchers.

Next year this shit gets fixed, and I don't mean "improved", I mean fucking fixed or bye bye DP.

No more excuses.

After watching the regression of these players and this team, I don't think he gets it fixed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Don’t stop with pitching.

I’m hard pressed to name something they’re fundamentally sound in. Seriously ... 

When Todd squared around to bunt last night down 0-2 after looking completely dumbfounded on the 2 bunt attempt strikes he already had, I was shocked.  Moreland said something about being surprised too.  The fact that our head coach was standing at third base and presumably calling for those bunts made me seriously question his coaching abilities.   Bunting is coaching fundamentals.   

We did not make the B12 tournament in 2013.  Made the CWS the next year.  Of course that coach was a great coach and had proven himself.many times over.  But the point is, baseball is about consistency.  Give the man a chance to prove that he either is or is not the guy who can consistently get it done.  See if this is aberration or if good teams are more the norm. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jinx said:

When Todd squared around to bunt last night down 0-2 after looking completely dumbfounded on the 2 bunt attempt strikes he already had, I was shocked.  Moreland said something about being surprised too.  The fact that our head coach was standing at third base and presumably calling for those bunts made me seriously question his coaching abilities.   Bunting is coaching fundamentals.   

I've seen both Augie and Cliff call for a bunt with 2 strikes before.  Moreland says some stupid shit sometimes.... he's not always right.

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I've seen both Augie and Cliff call for a bunt with 2 strikes before.  Moreland says some stupid shit sometimes.... he's not always right.

The difference, from what I’ve seen, is Cliff’s and Augie’s teams WORKED on bunting. It was fundamental to their offensive philosophies. It put runners in scoring position and produced runs, particularly in squeeze situations.

What would our record be with a stolen run here or there?

We'll win at least half... I'm thinking 7 at least... Kansas might grab one, but if they win that series, I'm personally driving over and taking over the team, because I can do the same shitty job for nothing.

Oklahoma is always pretty good, but they almost always seem to lose the series (at least) to us.  They will again.  They just do.

That leaves:
- Incarnate Word, who, um, beat us back in March.  They're not a bad team and if we play our usually shitty, shitty ball the last 3 weeks, they'll win.  But I think we somehow get that one.
- TAMUCC - they actually swept Incarnate Word, but they're only 26-20.  We have the better team by a hair.  A very thin hair.
- Texas State - this time at DFF.  We win that one.  There's my sunshine up the ass.
- I think we actually pick up one from WVU today.

Trust me, we suck and have played the shittiest baseball in a 3 week stretch I have ever seen since watching UT at the end of the 70's.  But the schedule is much more favorable.  Going 7-3 is what should happen at the worst.  Even with this team.

sunny-emoticon-245.png

I've given pierce the benefit of every doubt, but I think we're careening dangerously close to becoming an extremely inconsistent, UGA-type program that bounces between national top 10 and missing the conference tournament.

Edited by zlavydra
  • Like 1