2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

Just now, Sidney Sherman said:

Lol that's exactly who they sound like. Sure they won, but we are the "better team". What a turd that guy was and the Trojans are. Hope the horns wreck their shit in DKR.

Shaun Livingston not crediting the Rockets defense and instead saying it's all about their execution. Yeah we know it burns your tiny pee pee to admit reality, Shaun.

49 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Fuck all the bitches in this thread. You know who you are.

there are a ton of bitches in this fanbase.  there are probably less than 10 regular posters on this thread (who are here all year, not just for the playoffs) who aren't complete give up at the first sight of adversity bitchasses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

there are a ton of bitches in this fanbase.  there are probably less than 10 regular posters on this thread (who are here all year, not just for the playoffs) who aren't complete give up at the first sight of adversity bitchasses. 

i'm like the guy in lost that was on the island the whole time but wasn't part of the core group.  and suddenly i pop up and hurley is like, who the f is that guy, and i get offended.

I still can’t get over how good our defense has been the past 2 games. Our communication on defense and ability to switch EVERYTHING has been incredible. I only remember one true miscommunication tonight that resulted in a wide open 3 from Curry. Pretty amazing what Bdzelik has done with our guys. 

I guess I can appreciate looking for a mental edge as much as anyone else, but how does the Golden State game plan change if CP3 can't play? I'm pretty fucking sure they'll plan on him playing, and if he can't then they'll just enjoy the edge that they get. I just want Dantoni to be super conservative in terms of resting for game 7, if this is an issue that would get exacerbated by playing in a couple of days.

7 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I still can’t get over how good our defense has been the past 2 games. Our communication on defense and ability to switch EVERYTHING has been incredible. I only remember one true miscommunication tonight that resulted in a wide open 3 from Curry. Pretty amazing what Bdzelik has done with our guys. 

Also, we have guys who give a fuck about defense. Last year we had Ariza, shooters, and Clint was learning. Basically, one defender in the rotation.  Now we start 4 defenders, and 2 of those 4 DEMAND you play defense... so it trickles down to Gordon and Harden. 

Now... if Harden can acquire championship mental focus, we're good.

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's amazing how little respect Kerr and the Warriors still have for the Rockets. Harden was 3-23 from BTA and 0 for his last 20 3PAs, and the Warriors lost both of those games.

I can't tell if it's false bravado or if that's really how they think/feel because they're that confident the team can turn it back "on" just like that. 

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

I can't tell if it's false bravado or if that's really how they think/feel because they're that confident the team can turn it back "on" just like that. 

It's false bravado. They've never been tested like this post Durant. They don't know how to react. They just assume the Rockets will continue missing wide open 3's while their shitty bench magically scores 40+ points in game 6 & 7.

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

i don't remember GS being that sloppy with the ball in prior years. What is causing this?

Rugged defense from every Rocket player that steps on the floor. Just go watch Steph's last attempt of game 5, and Tucker's effort to block that shot. He gave 2 shits that Harden was in his way.

I guess going to the finals 3 straight years and winning two has the warriors thinking they are just going to show up and win the next two just because they’ve done it before? Klay answered last night “we’ve been worse positions”, Kerr said “nah we are fine I saw a lot of positives”, draymond declared “we are going game 7 I guarantee it”. 

I know the game 7 guarantee is what you’re supposed to say but they have a look on their face in those interviews of zero desperation just “because” they are the warriors and they’ve been there and done that? 

Champions will say “yea we got our ass kicked”. And leave at that and play better, they are just talking right now and I hope we end their season at oracle just to shut them up. Then watch the we were not 100% excuse to start pouring out from the media even during the finals as we play that’s all we will hear about. 

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Champions will say “yea we got our ass kicked”. And leave at that and play better, they are just talking right now and I hope we end their season at oracle just to shut them up. Then watch the we were not 100% excuse to start pouring out from the media even during the finals as we play that’s all we will hear about. 

If you guys manage to win Game 6 with Chris Paul benched or severely hobbled, nobody except for the most brazen, oblivious Warriors fan would dare bring up the injury excuse for losing the series.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If you guys manage to win Game 6 with Chris Paul benched or severely hobbled, nobody except for the most brazen, oblivious Warriors fan would dare bring up the injury excuse for losing the series.

You don’t think they won’t talk the iggy injury? Or klay being hobbled or then say curry was “never right” all series? Maybe not but I can already hear it.

cp3 being out possibly definitely would effect the series for the rockets.