2019 US Open @ Pebble Beach

Wally Fairway

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Watching golf would suck without the ups and downs of players like Jordan, Phil, Rory and Tiger.  All four of these guys can at times be primadonna's.  Hell even John Daly, Patrick Reed and Sergio's blow-ups are welcomed diversions to a slow etiquette filled game played often by wealthy folks at scenic Country Clubs.

giphy.gif

Phil Mickelson

giphy.gif

Johnny Miller

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Watching golf would suck without the ups and downs of players like Jordan, Phil, Rory and Tiger.  All four of these guys can at times be primadonna's.  Hell even John Daly, Patrick Reed and Sergio's blow-ups are welcomed diversions to a slow etiquette filled game played often by wealthy folks at scenic Country Clubs.

Dude, I get what you're saying. I love the guys showing some emotion. Id rather watch all of them than a guy like Adam Scott (well, except Reed, because he's a cunt), I just think spieth handles it the wrong way and it hurts him. I'd much rather him mother fuck something and throw his 7 iron into the Pacific than slump his shoulders and whine. 

I hope he figures it out. He is magical when he's on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Are fans getting more obnoxious?  I say yes.

Anyone who yells baba booey again should be taken out into international waters, shot, and dumped in the Pacific. 

@LTtxfan a Dark Knight gif there would have given you another rep. Great Gatsby is fine, not your best work. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pops said:

Dude, I get what you're saying. I love the guys showing some emotion. Id rather watch all of them than a guy like Adam Scott (well, except Reed, because he's a cunt), I just think spieth handles it the wrong way and it hurts him. I'd much rather him mother fuck something and throw his 7 iron into the Pacific than slump his shoulders and whine. 

I hope he figures it out. He is magical when he's on. 

Totally get your point.  Without the mikes, fans would know a lot less about what Jordan thinks and says.  Spieth can certainly improve his demeanor and not be so volatile during his performances.  But I just enjoy how honest he is on the course -- his ability to recover and comeback is amazing and sometimes results in legendary stuff like the 2017 British Open...

"Jordan Spieth Shows He's A Closer; 5-Under Over Last Five Holes Wins British Open"

More guys with personality really help the game of golf more enjoyable for fans and are probably necessary to grow the sport.

20 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Everything that has gone right for Gary Woodland today will go wrong this weekend. 

GW's best results in a Major...

Masters                T24: 2011

U.S. Open.             T23: 2011

The Open               T12: 2016

PGA                         T6: 2018

I think a lot of it is more tongue in cheek than it might come across as. I'm definitely not hating on the guy, golf is more fun when he has his game together. 
He's in the middle of a really, really rough stretch for someone of his caliber and when he does shit like start blaming his caddy it gets really tiresome. 
I actually like Spieth more than I used to now that he's faced some adversity - I'd love to see him battle back from it. He's just never come across as super genuine to me. 

Every player on tour has gotten into it with their caddy at some point. He got caught saying it with a mic hovering around. And get this, every single pro is nicer and doesn’t bitch as much when they are playing great. Tiger isn’t fun to be around when he is sucking.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

GW's best results in a Major...

I like Gary’s game. And those Wilson Staff blades he games are a thing of beauty.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

HELL YEAH PATRICK !!!

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

GW's best results in a Major...I

Gary also had T8 in 2019 PGA Championship

Edited by LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Every player on tour has gotten into it with their caddy at some point. He got caught saying it with a mic hovering around. And get this, every single pro is nicer and doesn’t bitch as much when they are playing great. Tiger isn’t fun to be around when he is sucking.

Oh please. Every player has a mic hovering around. I get where I'm posting but don't use that as a defense for Spieth. 

As for the "playing great" aspect, Spieth hasn't done much of that lately. 

Oh please. Every player has a mic hovering around. I get where I'm posting but don't use that as a defense for Spieth. 
As for the "playing great" aspect, Spieth hasn't done much of that lately. 

The only ones that have a mic hovering around are the ones on camera. I can find 20 examples of pros getting into it with their caddy’s. They get fired all the time, swing coaches get fired. You act like this is some horrible thing that only he does.

Also, you completely missed the point, I said no Roos are happy when they aren’t playing great. Spieth hasn’t been playing great thus he hasn’t been that jovial, understand now?
  • Haha 1

Fox has much hotter microphones in many more places than any other network. CBS never would have shown that. They wouldn’t even show Jordan’s implosion in the bunker at Riviera (iirc) earlier this year. I don’t mind that they showed it but it’s not rare out there. 

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Fox has much hotter microphones in many more places than any other network. CBS never would have shown that. They wouldn’t even show Jordan’s implosion in the bunker at Riviera (iirc) earlier this year. I don’t mind that they showed it but it’s not rare out there. 

Definitely agree with you there. Wish we would have had mics like this around Tiger back in the day. You would have heard enough f bombs to make Derka blush. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Gary woodland has a 61 to his name earlier this year. Gary woodland has won $23 million on tour, since 2009. 

And apparently Gary woodland fucked Rene Russo last night. 

Pics please

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Gary woodland has a 61 to his name earlier this year. Gary woodland has won $23 million on tour, since 2009. 

I guess all Gary Woodland needs is the 7 iron...

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Heh, didn't see much of the evening (did watch a lot before 5 p.m.) and I swear, I didn't see one headline (being literal) on Google about Woodland. I appreciate all the "Tiger this" and "the usual suspects (Koepka, Phil, Rory, etc.) that" but man, gimme a break!  Sure Woodland will possibly be flotsam on the beach at 18 by Sunday, but for today, wow, what a round, especially while everyone was more or less U.S. Open just hanging on.  36 hole record!  And he's like the fourth story there today.

I admit that there's like almost no chance he'll be there (IMHO) by Sunday afternoon but I'm rooting for him.  Especially because this is THE tournament where a nobody can win and it's not a disappointment (to me at least).  The guy's been sort of on fire the last month, so maybe he'll stick around.  In any event, what a day for him!

25 minutes ago, housious said:

I'm for anyone but Koepka or Rose. Both seem like they'd be no fun to have a beer with. 

Would love to see Rory go on a tear, or even a guy like Woodland pull it out. 

2017 was a Tough year for GW.... He and his wife were expecting twins, but lost one (a daughter).  Fortunately the son is doing fine.  I think I heard on Golf Channel that GW and his wife may be expecting again??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 2018. "Gary Woodland’s victory came with a special surprise on the 18th green"

It’s common for PGA Tour players’ families to join them on the 18th green after a victory, but Gary Woodland was nonetheless surprised when his wife brought his son out after his win Sunday evening.

After beating Chez Reavie on the first playoff hole of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, Woodland’s wife, Gabby, brought baby boy Jaxson out to his victorious father, just seven months after he was born 10 weeks premature in a difficult pregnancy for the family. Woodland and his wife were expecting twins last year when — in March — health complications led to the loss of one child. Woodland understandably called it the “toughest year of [his] life by far.”

“We have kept [Jaxson] kind of isolated for awhile. Obviously he’s been through a lot and we just didn’t want to expose him to too many people,” Woodland said Sunday evening. “So it’s been nice to have him on the road the last five weeks. We went out to Hawaii early so I’ve been with him for five straight weeks which is amazing. But he hasn’t been out at the courses, he’s kind of been at the room all five weeks. So my wife kind of surprised me with him on the last hole. I didn’t think he was going to be there, I thought it would just be her, and for her to bring him out, that was special and something I’ll never forget.”woodland.jpg

Right after tapping in for the tournament-clinching putt, Woodland pointed to the sky as an ode to the baby girl who was lost in the pregnancy. He was asked about it after the round.

“That was just kind of a tribute to last year,” he said. “Obviously we lost a little girl and being there seeing my wife give birth to her, that’s real and just wanted her to know I still love her.”

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Yup, I loved Couples story about trading caddies at an event because he had had enough of Joe.

But that was long before players were being mic'd

• Like 1

Tee times for Saturday's Rd 3 at Pebble Beach (all times Pacific Standard):

7:36 a.m.: Justin Walters
7:47 a.m.: Rhys Enoch, Patrick Reed
7:58 a.m.: Tommy Fleetwood, Tyrrell Hatton
8:09 a.m.: Shane Lowry, Martin Kaymer
8:20 a.m.: Kyle Stanley, Nick Taylor
8:31 a.m.: Adri Arnaus, Tom Hoge
8:42 a.m.: Clement Sordet, Erik van Rooyen
8:53 a.m.: Bernd Wiesberger, Alex Prugh
9:04 a.m.: Andrew Putnam, Patrick Cantlay
9:15 a.m.: Brandt Snedeker, Rafa Cabrera-Bello
9:26 a.m.: Michael Thorbjornsen (a), Chip McDaniel
9:37 a.m.: Brian Stuard, Marcus Kinhult
9:48 a.m.: Collin Morikawa, Andy Pope
9:59 a.m.: Cameron Smith, Jason Day
10:10 a.m.: Rickie Fowler, Bryson DeChambeau
10:21 a.m.: Kevin Kisner, Marc Leishman
10:32 a.m.: Billy Horschel, Billy Hurley III
10:43 a.m.: Daniel Berger, Rory Sabbatini
10:54 a.m.: Abraham Ancer, Hideki Matsuyama
11:05 a.m.: Danny Willett, Luke Donald
11:16 a.m.: Emilian Grillo, Chandler Eaton (a)
11:27 a.m.: Tiger Woods, Byeong-Hun An
11:38 a.m.: Viktor Hovland (a), Webb Simpson
11:49 a.m.: Paul Casey, Charles Howell III
12 p.m.: Charlie Danielson, Phil Mickelson
12:11 p.m.: Haotong Li, Jason Dufner
12:22 p.m.: Jordan Spieth, Nate Lashley
12:33 p.m.: Harris English, Brandon Wu (a)
12:44 p.m.: Dustin Johnson, Carlos Ortiz
12:55 p.m.: Sepp Straka, Matt Fitzpatrick
1:06 p.m.: Francesco Molinari, Jim Furyk
1:17 p.m.: Xander Schauffele, Sergio Garcia
1:28 p.m.: Graeme McDowell, Zach Johnson
1:39 p.m.: Jon Rahm, Scott Piercy
1:50 p.m.: Adam Scott, Henrik Stenson
2:01 p.m.: Matt Wallace, Brooks Koepka
2:12 p.m.: Matt Kuchar, Chesson Hadley
2:23 p.m.: Chez Reavie, Rory McIlroy
2:34 p.m.: Aaron Wise, Louis Oosthuizen
2:45 p.m.: Justin Rose, Gary Woodland

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

D9G-90mXYAA4FL3.jpg

1) Is this considered a Tough set-up today??

2) Any info on conditions yet?? 

Got to believe greens are probably drying out and tougher today. If winds pick up late in round, then today could really be Moving Day...

One golfer yesterday said that if the greens get dryer and faster, then his approach shots will have to be struck so they land more on the front part of the greens on Saturday.

I can't get used to golf on Fox.   Joe Buck makes me want to jump out my window. 

Besides Joe Buck, the Fox coverage is great. They show lots of shots, the technology is 2nd to none and seem to have fewer commercials. 38 hours of over the air coverage
  • Like 1

Anybody watch that clip about the girl collecting golf balls? There something about salt water that makes them unusable? Because there were thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of dollars worth of balls she decided to drill holes into for an art project instead of reselling.

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Anybody watch that clip about the girl collecting golf balls? There something about salt water that makes them unusable? Because there were thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of dollars worth of balls she decided to drill holes into for an art project instead of reselling.

The underwater video of all those golfballs was pretty cool...  

• Like 1