2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That's sick.

I had a Raptors vinceanity poster on the back of my door.

Not one of those traditional ones..the long tall ones that take up the whole door.

It was an addition to my collection at that time.  Jordan (both Bulls and UNC), Larry Johnson, Jason Kidd.  Lol  

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That's sick.

I had a Raptors vinceanity poster on the back of my door.

Not one of those traditional ones..the long tall ones that take up the whole door.

Our Lyft driver Saturday night had a freaking Stephon Marbury jersey on. I was smitten.

46 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Can you imagine if the Doctors cleared Durant and he didn't play? We'd kill him for it.

Makes you wonder if we were too harsh on Kawhi.

They are not in anyway analogous. Kawhi had his own medical team that was not communicating anything regarding his injury or progress back to the Spurs. 

43 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They are not in anyway analogous. Kawhi had his own medical team that was not communicating anything regarding his injury or progress back to the Spurs. 

I amazes me that this keeps having to be repeated.

It was an addition to my collection at that time.  Jordan (both Bulls and UNC), Larry Johnson, Jason Kidd.  Lol  
Hell yea. I had so many damn jerseys. My favorite was the Shawn Kemp jersey/shorts combo...unfortunately they weren't the clean yellow/green sonic combo but the ugly ass green/maroon mid 90s shit.

Penny Hardaway 96 DT and orlando
I had a heat Jersey but cant remember who's
KG
Jordan
Kidd mavs
Reggie Miller

Another thing you can pretty much count on every game is Lowry picking up four fouls in the first half not by preventing a sure layup or contesting for a rebound or something actually useful but by colliding with another player or some other similar dumbshit move.

For all the talk about pressuring guys back into action, I wonder if this series would be any different had Golden State's medical team let Klay play in Game 3. The decision not to may have cost them 2 games: Game 3, obviously, but also Game 4 because they let Steph wear himself out as a one man offense trying to fight off the inevitable in Game 3, and he looked gassed in Game 4 on only one day's rest. They may come to regret "playing it safe." It was a half-measure. Either bench Klay, and accept defeat once Game 3 got away from them, so they could gear up and be all in two days later. Or let him play. Even a 1-1 split in those games completely changes the complexion of the series.

The idea that GS has been “playing it safe” with injuries this series is so fucking laughable, only an aggie GS fan posting on a Texas message board could make this shit up.

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

The idea that GS has been “playing it safe” with injuries this series is so fucking laughable, only an aggie GS fan posting on a Texas message board could make this shit up.

And the idea that they've been recklessly endangering their players is also fucking laughable, but here we are.

9 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Go find the quote where I said that, I’ll wait

Ok, then. So what would you call, in a vacuum, a team opting to sit a player who wants to play, looks good in workouts, and has a history of playing--and playing well--through injury, and essentially punting a home NBA Finals game? And I'm not even saying that it was the wrong decision (subsequently expending the energy to chase a highly improbable win deep into the 4th was, and I said as much beforehand), but they did err on the safe side in that instance.

21 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hell yea. I had so many damn jerseys. My favorite was the Shawn Kemp jersey/shorts combo...unfortunately they weren't the clean yellow/green sonic combo but the ugly ass green/maroon mid 90s shit.

Penny Hardaway 96 DT and orlando
I had a heat Jersey but cant remember who's
KG
Jordan
Kidd mavs
Reggie Miller

My current 3 are Spurs Lamarcus, Sonics KD, and Raptors TMac which I won in a gift exchange. 

Oh also Spurs Kawhi, I need to find that one and burn it. 

12 hours ago, Quagmire said:

I’d trust my own doctors opinion over a team doctor too, no conflict of interest there.

Well Kawhi was cleared not only by the team's doctors but by outside doctors as well. He had to go through something like 11 doctors before he found one that would confirm his injury. Again, none of this is analogous to what Durant did or went through, which really was my only point. Apples and oranges.

51 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i got a feeling GS wins the next 2 and Klay is named MVP.   He really needs to get the most shots, dude is a robot. 

If Toronto doesn't win this championship, they should relocate the franchise to Seattle and never have an NBA team in Canada again. 

28 minutes ago, housious said:

If Toronto doesn't win this championship, they should relocate the franchise to Seattle and never have an NBA team in Canada again. 

the whole country will go into shock.  No Stanley Cup since 1993, Blue Jays won the WS in 1992 and 1993. It's been a hell of a long time which is why i'm rooting for them. But I see GS come through in the clutch. We'll see. 

Lowry hit 4 3ptrs in Q1, but not a record. 

Most 3-point field goals, one quarter

Value Entity   Notes
6 Antoine Walker Apr 28, 2002 2nd Qtr.
5 Reggie Miller Jun 1, 1994 4th Qtr.
5 Kenny Smith Jun 7, 1995 3rd Qtr.
5 Robert Horry May 12, 1996 4th Qtr.
5 Gary Payton Apr 29, 1997 1st Qtr.
5 Vince Carter May 11, 2001 2nd Qtr.
5 Tim Thomas Apr 19, 2003 4th Qtr.
5 Chauncey Billups May 2, 2003 1st Qtr.
5 Ray Allen Apr 20, 2010 3rd Qtr.
5 Ray Allen Jun 6, 2010 2nd Qtr.