McConnell: "We'll fill seat if Supreme Court Justice dies next year"

Bruh Man

Going forward, if the Senate and Presidency are held by different parties, scotus vacancies won't be filled. If they are held by the same party, extremely young party hacks will be appointed. This is our fate.

And its only a matter of time before that starts to trickle down to the lower courts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Going forward, if the Senate and Presidency are held by different parties, scotus vacancies won't be filled. If they are held by the same party, extremely young party hacks will be appointed. This is our fate.

And its only a matter of time before that starts to trickle down to the lower courts.

Only a matter of time before we get a 3L from Liberty University. 

2 hours ago, Asithappens said:

Vote these mofos out of office (yeah, I know McTurtle isn't going anywhere, but it starts with the Cheeto in Chief).

Like Letterman said. Stop complaining. Start voting. 

Vote!

I vote.  I live in Texas.  I have no say over McConnell.  

Guest Lobo

To be fair, I think some of the pushback on the Obama nomination was that he was leaving office once and for all, and with Trump...there's a chance he could be re-elected (though, I hope not).  historically, which nobody gives a shit about these days, the waining days of the first term of a President are treated differently than the waining days of the second term of a President.  Unless you are a power-monger like FDR and wipe your ass with the Constitution.  Or have someone else wipe it for you, you fake-Monarchical rolling cumrag.  

That said, maybe we'll get lucky and have Breyer and Trump die together Thelma & Louise style later this year.

Exactly.  It is a surprise to no one on either side.  We all knew this was true back when Garland was getting the shaft.  It's one of those moments when Obama's insistence at taking the high-road was really just fucking himself.  He should have recognized the kind of person he was dealing with and given him like treatment.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

To be fair, I think some of the pushback on the Obama nomination was that he was leaving office once and for all, and with Trump...there's a chance he could be re-elected (though, I hope not).  historically, which nobody gives a shit about these days, the waining days of the first term of a President are treated differently than the waining days of the second term of a President.  Unless you are a power-monger like FDR and wipe your ass with the Constitution.  Or have someone else wipe it for you, you fake-Monarchical rolling cumrag.  

That said, maybe we'll get lucky and have Breyer and Trump die together Thelma & Louise style later this year.

No, this has to do with the fact that the GOP is the most destructive and hypocritical organization known to fucking man.

These idiots cited the so-called “Biden Rule” in a lame-assed, desperate attempt to justify their shafting of Garland.

For one thing, there is no “Biden Rule.” That simply doesn’t exist. It’s just a very out-of-context quote mining that the GOP found buried in the archives of Willie Horton and burning the flag.

For another, the “Rule” they refer to was a speech he gave in the weeks leading up to GHWB’s re-election bid, so clearly the GOP fucking Merrick Garland had nothing to do with Obama leaving.

Further, what Biden actually said was that GHWB should hold off nominating a justice to the SCOTUS until after the election (should a vacancy come up), and it was due to the very toxic environment over the subject as this was in the wake of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas’ nominations.

But far from the context of the political environment, and far apart from what Biden had to say, notice what he did not say. He did not say that Bush should hold off a hypothetical nomination were he to lose the election; just that he should hold off until after the election had concluded. That’s a huge difference.

There are no lines in between which one could read Joe Biden suggesting that any hypothetical Bush nominations would be stalled to the point of not even having a fucking hearing had a vacancy come up around the time Clinton won the 1992 general election, so Mitch McConnell is absolutely wrong about absolutely everything he said to even imply the contrary. He’s completely full of shit, and this unwitting admission of vulgar hypocrisy on his part is only a surprise in one regard: he was actually being honest for a split second.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

‘Well to be fair, this post is dumb as shit. 

• Like 2

Hey Gil?  Go fuck yourself.  It's super easy to live in a blue state.  Try living on this blue island where you literally are gerrymandered into no representation whatsoever and your vote for the president means fuck all. It ain't fun.  Yet I've been involved and fucking voting more than 70% of the population (at best) since I was 19 years old.  However, after 2020 I will be done if the rest of America doesn't step the fuck up.  So yeah.  I lost my train of thought.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hey Gil?  Go fuck yourself.  It's super easy to live in a blue state.  Try living on this blue island where you literally are gerrymandered into no representation whatsoever and your vote for the president means fuck all. It ain't fun.  Yet I've been involved and fucking voting more than 70% of the population (at best) since I was 19 years old.  However, after 2020 I will be done if the rest of America doesn't step the fuck up.  So yeah.  I lost my train of thought.

I gave money to Beto amigo.  And although I live in a blue state, I live in a red district, surrounded by red districts.  

Issa was my congressman for many years.  Yes, I have Levin (D) now, thankfully.  Issa was very corrupt.  Motherfucker used earmarks to improve and widen the street in front of a building that he owns. 

That corrupt POS thief Duncan Hunter reps a neighboring district just a few miles away.  He's a giant cunt that robbed his own campaign funds and then threw his wife under the bus.   Duke fucking Cunningham represented a district nearby.  I live in asshole-ville.  But yeah, Feinstein and Harris are miles better than Cornyn and Cruz. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Done with what?  America is toast.  We may give it a small extension with proper voting in 2020, but its structurally unsound.  It is not properly constructed to survive in the 21st century.  A minority led Senate kowtowing completely to a minority President shows you all you need to know about the future of this country.  An Idaho neo-Nazi gets 3 Presidential votes for your 1.  How long do you believe a majority will allow that to happen without true unrest?  We are saved right now only by the fact that Trump is an idiot and accomplishes very little because of it.  There will eventually be a smart minority candidate that plays the electoral college along with the Senate just like Trump did.  When that happens, they'll overplay their hand and we'll be done here after a period of violence.

And how is it super easy to live in a blue state?  We pay high taxes because we want a robust welfare state and red state leaches keep undermining that.  Worse, red states don't even take blue state money to help their own residents.  I could live with it if we were actually helping the impoverished in West Virginia or Arkansas.  Instead, red states continually suck shit to live in even after decades of taking more than they put in.  They happily throw blue state money away on foreign wars and pork projects that benefit only a handful of the wealthiest people in your states.  I know you don't want that outcome, but surely you understand that it isn't sustainable forever.  Killing the SALT tax deduction is a much bigger deal than those who did it believe.