Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

I was just grabbing lunch at Royal Blue on Congress.  Susan Reddick (she is in the mugshot hall of fame, but I can’t access the 2019 thread) walked across the sidewalk, pulled her pants completely down and openly pissed on the sidewalk.   Jesus fucking Christ fuck you Adler and Casar.    

And that’s the camping ordinance? Interesting. You don’t causality too good.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

It's terrible that they are forced to make decisions like this.  

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

1) I thought this thread has morphed into a general bitch about the homeless thread 

2). One of the few things the city did that actually helped was put a toilet trailer at 6th and Brazos, but they removed it (so bitching about City homeless policies when the homeless are defecating and urinating on public sidewalks is certainly related)

3) One of the persistent criticisms of this policy is that it has emboldened the homeless to do things in public without fear of retribution (like pissing on Congress).  Try and keep up.  Thanks. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I can’t get over what a completely imbecilic and foolish response this is.   I have met you randomly IRL years ago, and you come across in person like the arrogant idiotic douche you  do on the internet.   Don’t challenge me with logic 101 type of comments that further reveal your idiocy.   In short, fuck you with a needle used by your beloved homeless in your own dick.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Abogado Peligroso said:

I can’t get over what a completely imbecilic and foolish response this is.   I have met you randomly IRL years ago, and you come across in person like the arrogant idiotic douche you  do on the internet.   Don’t challenge me with logic 101 type of comments that further reveal your idiocy.   In short, fuck you with a needle used by your beloved homeless in your own dick.  

this applies to most St. Mark's graduates

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1) I thought this thread has morphed into a general bitch about the homeless thread 
2). One of the few things the city did that actually helped was put a toilet trailer at 6th and Brazos, but they removed it (so bitching about City homeless policies when the homeless are defecating and urinating on public sidewalks is certainly related)
3) One of the persistent criticisms of this policy is that it has emboldened the homeless to do things in public without fear of retribution (like pissing on Congress).  Try and keep up.  Thanks. 

1) Yes, we should absolutely demonize the most vulnerable and preyed upon population in our city. Great idea for a thread. Maybe also a thread to bitch about orphans and cripples?
2) fair point
3) You are saying that a long time RFL player was emboldened by the camping ordinance?

Saw the big shelter area under the freeway at Manchaca and 290/Lamar yesterday. Several tents with a couple tents together that had erected a wooden fence around “their” property.

Easy access to downtown...nice shaded lot...no grass to mow...and no property taxes!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

1) Yes, we should absolutely demonize the most vulnerable and preyed upon population in our city. Great idea for a thread. Maybe also a thread to bitch about orphans and cripples?

vulnerable and demonize?  you're talking about the tax payers paying for and having to put up with these uninvited assholes, right?

these asshats are leeching off tax paying homeowners for free shit while the city government gives them free reign to camp and shit where ever they want.  they are a nuisance at best and walking crime scenes at worst.  who's preying on whom?

since you are so benevolent, i will give you my share of the taxes going to these asshats.  you can open your house to them to allow them free reign to do as they please in your house.  when you don't give them food or money, they can bitch to you directly.  when you ask them to pick up after themselves, they can bitch to you directly.

• Like 3

in fact, give me your address.  i'll pay for the gas and volunteer my time to round up a bunch of leeches, give them an air conditioned ride, may even splurge for whataburgers, and then drop them off on your lawn telling them they can stay on your property indefinitely just as long as they don't impede your driveway as you go to and fro.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

vulnerable and demonize?  you're talking about the tax payers paying for and having to put up with these uninvited assholes, right?

these asshats are leeching off tax paying homeowners for free shit while the city government gives them free reign to camp and shit where ever they want.  they are a nuisance at best and walking crime scenes at worst.  who's preying on whom?

since you are so benevolent, i will give you my share of the taxes going to these asshats.  you can open your house to them to allow them free reign to do as they please in your house.  when you don't give them food or money, they can bitch to you directly.  when you ask them to pick up after themselves, they can bitch to you directly.

Go ahead and wipe the spittle from your screen. The issue in Austin, as I said above, is not money or even really coordination. It's a lack of accommodation in zoning that makes shelter and transition impossible and the posture of our citizens, which ranges from indifference to violent hostility. 

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

in fact, give me your address.  i'll pay for the gas and volunteer my time to round up a bunch of leeches, give them an air conditioned ride, may even splurge for whataburgers, and then drop them off on your lawn telling them they can stay on your property indefinitely just as long as they don't impede your driveway as you go to and fro.

I'm in... but first let's make a stop at the Royal Blue Grocery for Colt 45 and cigarettes.

I think Mr. Casar's plan is working splendidly so far, don't you think?

Oh yeah, UT has the fucking NERVE to ask the City Council to rule that "campers" don't "camp" around the campus/West Campus precinct.  I mean, Mr. Casar will tell you they have a RIGHT to be there.. I mean, cherry-picking spots where they might be "an eyesore" or "not the best image" would be completely, utterly hypocritical.  ALL tourists and visitors should see the campers in all of their splendid regalness.  If the city council isn't a bunch of fucked-up hypocrites (ha, yeah, I know but play along), they'd slam that shit down faster than a camper with a bottle of Jim Beam.  After all, campin' is campin'.  Could/should be done under the 183 bridge, on Niles Road with the million dollar mansions overlooking Pease Park, or smack dab on the South Mall.  After all, it would be harsh and cruel to start to cherry pick about where to camp!  Mr. Casar rules!!!!

I expect to see piles of defecation on 24th right outside of Cain and Abel's with the school year (well, okay, fair point, they've been there a lot already) but if the homeless need to "camp" outside of the KD house, then by god they should have a right to!!!  City Council says you prejudiced bastards have no right to limit these fine people.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 3

Alright, group experiment.  We're all getting fucking trashed and camping around town after the LSU victory next Saturday.  If you get harassed by the cops, just say you're homeless.  That's not a crime, even if you're hammered drunk/passed out after heavy drug use.  

7 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Whoa whoa... phd just gave me an idea:

Surly camping trip on sorority row! Are the Zetas still the hottest muffs on campus? Can't wait to piss on bush in front of their home while they stare in disappointment  at my manhood. 

driving by the zeta house today around 4:30 as i dropped off stuff at my daughter's place in west campus.  i may get a sudden bout of homelessness and camp out on their lawn for the weekend. 

i'm temporarily homeless.  come at me bro!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Whoa whoa... phd just gave me an idea:

Surly camping trip on sorority row! Are the Zetas still the hottest muffs on campus? Can't wait to piss on bush in front of their home while they stare in disappointment  at my manhood. 

I was just there visiting my son, who:s actually staying at a place near some of the sororities and by the way he's not homeless... at least for now.

He's right off of nueces and 22nd, and I asked about the brand new, ugly building just north of him when I was looking out his window. He and his roomie said that has the hottest sorority chicks on campus because it's narcissistically expensive. I expect those boys to plow through that house like a hot knife through butter.

Lots of talent on campus yesterday, duh!! In my experience, the Zetas were awesome, had the looks and the brains. The Tri Delts usually had great racks but not much upstairs.

Now this thread is getting somewhere... I'm in, bitches!

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 2

I will bring my dog, and use her like a fishing lure.

Soristitute: " Awww is puppy hawwt? You two should come into the house to cool off while my new sisters and I have a pillow fight."

Me: *giggling* uhuhhuhhuh..ok..you said come...uhuuuhhhuuh

We will all oobviously be too fat to be homeless. The reason is because bread is free, so we are forced to eat a lot of carbs.

Edited by MissingInAction

OK at this point they’re just fucking with us   

And kitchen announced today that we need to do more to help the middle class of the homeless population.   These are the people who are on the waiting list for housing that she and she alone will determine the ability of to leapfrog the rest of the housing list .   Councilwoman kitchen is also apparently in possession of a terminal degree in social work and mental health .  I confess that I didn’t know that someone so full of shit could Anoint them selves the housing czar of austin.  

Even Adler and CaSar weren’t buying her bullshit today.   It’s impossible to have this toxic combination of stupidity and arrogance.    I mean we see it with President Trump but we’re all pretty open about how much  taint we want him to choke on.  

to bring it all full circle then, I was on campus yesterday and saw several homeless people.  I didn't let it bother me though because it's also rush week and the talent was strong that day my friends.  One sorrority with a Phi in the name (I wasn't looking at the shirts) had all the young ladies dressed in myriad shades of pink lululemon shorts and I don't think there was a pair long enough in the entire chapter as the theme of this year's rush was apparently "Underbutt"  

But yeah many of these homeless guys aren't dumb, they're just suffering through addiction and mental illness...they know it's the start of the school year and out of the freshman class of 10,000...about half of them have never seen a homeless person before......at least not the kind we have in Austin.  So they hang around camps panhandling and pulling small cons.  I bet they make more in late August to late September (when students catch onto their bullshit and get tired of them) than they do in any other month of the year, save maybe Christmastime.  If you have the occasion to drive by campus during the week, for ass research...I mean to immerse yourself in the homeless issue of Austin, do it.  There's not really any camps because I think UTPD got a handshake agreement from the mayor that this will not be tolerated in West Campus, or Campus Proper.  But they are just out there in droves, preying on the innocent freshman from Lufkin who has some extra cash, and loves the feel-good vibes that come with helping people temporarily, but with no real shot at long-term solutions.  

But seriously the underbutt was strong to moderately strong.  

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

Because they don't want to have to see that shit on the days they actually have to come to work. 

this city is so stupid, all of these asshats will get re-elected.  trump will be re-elected, all of congress will be re-elected, the city council will be re-elected, and kitchens will be mayor.  

2rhobr.png

Man you really know how to fuck up the Friday before a long weekend. 

I don’t think many of you appreciate what it’s like for some of us that have to live under the thumb of Donald Trump and Steve Adler.   Most of you love one and hate the other in your own particular order.

If There were to be a tagteam wrestling match With Dan Patrick and Trump in one corner and Adler and kitchen in the other corner.  I think I pray for a pyrotechnic malfunction.  If you don’t like corrupt incompetence at the federal level you sure as shit should not put up with it at home either.    

/nocloackroombecausehomessareblockingthestaircasewiththeirtent

Nothing is going to change in Austin.  If you think otherwise you probably still walk around in a Keep Austin Weird shirt, or an equivalent display of idiocy.

The unbridled lunacy is going to continue and only get worse.  Maniacal insanity is not only the norm but a requirement now to run the city.    

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Nothing is going to change in Austin.  If you think otherwise you probably still walk around in a Keep Austin Weird shirt, or an equivalent display of idiocy.

The unbridled lunacy is going to continue and only get worse.  Maniacal insanity is not only the norm but a requirement now to run the city.    

Big opportunity for anti-homeless candidates next year. I look forward to hearing their solutions.