Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

Awesome. Where did you get the gator?

1 hour ago, JSB said:

Been a long time since I’ve been on here and I really don’t know why. A smoke this weekend though brought me back. Boudain stuffed gator, smoked chicken and a shrimp boil in case the gator was a flop. Spoiler, it wasn’t

2ac383939070cee91b9580544f5e69af.jpg

b92ba25e1a3c6f00b0e6c258781b12a9.jpg

68902d70be45db0cc1c7ac49b01c59f3.jpg
4d8c1abe6930e765b0b0a4ac2c6466ae.jpg

Fucking delicious man. Pointer I’m very glad I found was to cut out the fat from the tail. It doesn’t render and makes it taste a bit fishy. Next time I do this, I will go bigger. This was just dipping my toe in, but really good. Even the kids loved it and there were zero leftovers.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:05 AM, Spoosner said:

Awesome. Where did you get the gator?

creolefood.com is a site I order spices and kings cakes from. They had a special running on whole alligators so I went for it. They shipped it in dry ice. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Did some Chicken Piccata for Mother’s Day.   Didn’t get my chicken as browned as I’d normally like, but it was juicy and delicious.   Also forgot parsley and wasn’t about to make a special trip to The Jungle for it.   

The day I came over all Monty Python, know what I mean?

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:43 AM, South Austin said:

Pretty easy.  Salt and pepper some bone-in skin-on chicken thighs and sear skin down in a cast iron skillet in a bit of olive oil on medium heat for about 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, combine a mixture of 1 lb halved small Yukon gold or fingerling potatoes, tsp. oregano, two minced garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, pepper, and 10 pepperoncinis.  Once the thighs are browned, turn over skin side up, and nestle the potato mixture between the thighs, and then put half a cup of the pepperoncini brine in the skillet.  Bake in the oven at 425 for about 40 minutes.  Then take the chicken out of the skillet and cook the potatoes in the chicken drippings on high heat for about 4 minutes to get them nice and golden.  Take the skillet off the heat, add the chicken back in, and then add 2-3 stalks of finely chopped celery, half a red onion thinly sliced, and parsley.

Got the recipe from Bon Appetit and made it last night for the first time.  It slammed hard.

Saw the post and had to make it. Damn good. Reminded me of a Peruvian dish.

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Anyone ever chargrilled octopus? I could use some guidance in, oh, I don’t know, by the time the fire I just lit burns down?

I've done it in my wok on the BGE.  Did you butcher it yourself?  Do you have a grill basket?

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

I am badly wanting a slice of that lamb. Leg of lamb has rabidly climbed my list of favorite foods. 

Prime rib bro. But as for lamb, if I was stuck on a desert island with only one choice of protein for the rest of my life, it would be lamb. It’s just a very versatile meat. 

• Like 3