Woman licks inside of Blue Bell ice cream tub, returns it to store freezer

clapclapclap

a couple of things here:

1) why the fuck isn't blue bell sealing their ice cream? you think they would have gone the extra mile after they started KILLING their customers.

2) how is it possible this is a felony? that's ridiculous. i hope the jury nullifies this shit. as taxpayers, it is definitely not in our interest to send this person to prison for years for this stupid shit. jesus fucking christ, get it together, people.

• Like 2

Just now, relapse98 said:

Who excused her bullshit?

People have laughed it off as not a big deal.  There are already social media examples of people doing the same kind of stunt, some are probably staged/faked, but there are enough freaks out there that this could go badly when the wrong person does it next time.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

a couple of things here:

1) why the fuck isn't blue bell sealing their ice cream? you think they would have gone the extra mile after they started KILLING their customers.

2) how is it possible this is a felony? that's ridiculous. i hope the jury nullifies this shit. as taxpayers, it is definitely not in our interest to send this person to prison for years for this stupid shit. jesus fucking christ, get it together, people.

Tampering with our food supply most definitely should be a felony or a high fine incident at the very least. 

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Tampering with our food supply most definitely should be a felony or a high fine incident at the very least. 

dude, she licked a tub of ice cream.

it's not like she put listeria in it.

yes, it was an outrageous act, but to act like it is worthy of a felony is pearl clutching to the maximum. 

tampering with the food supply means to me materially affecting the food to harm someone. 

she licked a tub of ice cream. 

LOCK UP THIS DANGEROUS CRIMINAL!

lulz no. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yes, it was an outrageous act, but to act like it is worthy of a felony is pearl clutching to the maximum. 

tampering with the food supply means to me materially affecting the food to harm someone. 

lulz no. 

If someone with diagnosed AIDS intentionally spits on someone, it can be considered attempted murder. This sits somewhere in-between that and your solution of wrist slaps. At the very least, she needs to be tested and forced to pay for said testing. If she knowingly has an infectious disease as minor as Herpes Simplex I (lip sores), that should affect the time for incarceration. 

13 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

tampering with our food supply is not what happened here.  grossing people out that will affect Blue Bell's bottom line is.

Yes she did tamper with our food supply. It can cause a panic/lack of trust in people when you stick your tongue in food in a grocery store freezer.

Spineless fucker.

When Blue Bell returned to production following the listeria outbreak, Abbott didn’t issue harsh tweets about the company’s behavior, or condemn the factory conditions the FDA found during its investigation as “unacceptable.” Rather, he celebrated the company’s return, declaring that “Texans can rejoice today as Blue Bell ice cream makes its long-awaited comeback in freezer aisles across the state.”

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/worse-things-have-happened-to-blue-bell-ice-cream-than-a-gross-prank-at-walmart/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz no. 

I didn't say lock her up. I said make it a criminal offense that will dissuade people from doing such stupid ass shit.  Tampering with the food supply means many different things.   Tampering by definition is exactly what she did.

Making people worry about the safety of the food they buy in a grocery store is tampering with the food supply. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

If someone with diagnosed AIDS intentionally spits on someone, it can be considered attempted murder. This sits somewhere in-between that and your solution of wrist slaps. At the very least, she needs to be tested and forced to pay for said testing. If she knowingly has an infectious disease as minor as Herpes Simplex I (lip sores), that should affect the time for incarceration. 

What if, hear me out, a company had 17 positive tests for a foodborne bacteria that can be very serious for pregnant women and people with impaired immune systems in a plant over a period of 2 years but never shut down the plant and continued to ship out product - including to hospitals where presumably it's not just the healthy nurses and doctors eating this product?

That should affect the time for incarceration, no?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

Worse Things Have Happened to Blue Bell Ice Cream Than a Gross Prank at Walmart

I've sounded like a broken record since her video came out about this shit. Where was all the outrage, like from the governor, when they literally killed people? Oh that's right, it's a beloved Texas institution and noone could dare fathom how poorly run it is.

This all damn day.

A 17 year old did something stupid. She should do some community service and that's about it.

Greg Abbott just loves pandering to idiots.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

If someone with diagnosed AIDS intentionally spits on someone, it can be considered attempted murder. 

Is this still a law? 

Thats not how HIV or AIDS is transmitted and we have decade or more of research that proves this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

If someone with diagnosed AIDS intentionally spits on someone, it can be considered attempted murder. 

Is this still a law? 

Thats not how HIV or AIDS is transmitted and we have decade or more of research that proves this.

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Is this still a law? 

Was thinking the same thing, the info on that “transmission” seems way outdated. Like “always sunny frank freak out” outdated

33 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I didn't say lock her up. I said make it a criminal offense that will dissuade people from doing such stupid ass shit.  Tampering with the food supply means many different things.   Tampering by definition is exactly what she did.

Making people worry about the safety of the food they buy in a grocery store is tampering with the food supply. 

sometimes people do stupid shit. i don't think making them serve 10 hard years and branding them as a felon is always appropriate.

maybe we are talking past each other. i think there should be some kind of consequence along the lines of a class c misdemeanor. fine, maybe some community service, nothing on your permanent record.

i also think blue bell should put a fucking seal on their ice cream. especially given their history of killing their customers.

58 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz no. 

It's a deterrent type of sentencing guideline that allows a broad range based on the offense. It has its origins from when the sociopath went around tampering with Tylenol a couple of decades back. If the tampering with Blue Bell and other foods dies off by the time her sentencing comes up, then she will probably get the bare minimum. If the copycats show up in force and starts a trend that causes any significant resources to be directed at combating food tampering by the time the judge hits that final gavel, she is in a world of hurt. Sure, it's just ice cream, but do we really need to start dissecting food tampering legislation to target specific foods? There is a serious health risk depending on the food item. Society has a certain proclivity towards escalation for the street cred and if it gets out of hand, the original perpetrator and everyone who came after her in the latest round of tampering are getting the book thrown at them.

Should there be people in jail for Blue Bell's listeria outbreak? Absolutely. I haven't eaten Blue Bell since that happened and refuse to buy it for my home. Does race play a factor for this particular girl? There's a strong possibility. Neither of those realities mean that the food tampering laws don't serve a very legitimate purpose and the sentencing guidelines for it are broad specifically to address it on a case by case basis, regardless of the food involved.

Edited by Eastwood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

sometimes people do stupid shit. i don't think making them serve 10 hard years and branding them as a felon is always appropriate.

maybe we are talking past each other. i think there should be some kind of consequence along the lines of a class c misdemeanor. fine, maybe some community service, nothing on your permanent record.

i also think blue bell should put a fucking seal on their ice cream. especially given their history of killing their customers.

I have never said make her serve 10 years for that stupid ass thing she did. I do however believe a stiff fine, and maybe community service are in order. We must be because I've stated this in a couple posts.  I certainly don't wanna ruin her life, but I do want to send the message that this kind of shit will be prosecuted with some pain associated. 

there have been previous instances of fast food workers spitting in people's food, especially if the customer was a cop.  what was the punishment for those asswipes? 

and again, instead of licking she should have injected listeria.  then nothing would've happened to her.

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

It's a deterrent type of sentencing guideline that allows a broad range based on the offense. It has its origins from when the sociopath went around tampering with Tylenol a couple of decades back. If the tampering with Blue Bell and other foods dies off by the time her sentencing comes up, then she will probably get the bare minimum. If the copycats show up in force and starts a trend that causes any significant resources to be directed at combating food tampering by the time the judge hits that final gavel, she is in a world of hurt. Sure, it's just ice cream, but do we really need to start dissecting food tampering legislation to target specific foods? There is a serious health risk depending on the food item. Society has a certain proclivity towards escalation for the street cred and if it gets out of hand, the original perpetrator and everyone who came after her in the latest round of tampering are getting the book thrown at them.

Should there be people in jail for Blue Bell's listeria outbreak? Absolutely. I haven't eaten Blue Bell since that happened and refuse to buy it for my home. Does race play a factor for this particular girl? There's a strong possibility. Neither of those realities mean that the food tampering laws serve a very legitimate purpose and the sentencing guidelines for it are broad specifically to address it on a case by case basis, regardless of the food involved.

i don't believe in deterrent sentencing guidelines, just so my position is clear. 

the first deterrent would be for blue bell to put a seal on their fucking food product like every other digestible product on the market. that was a result of the tylenol killer, which i remember. i think i remember an issue with sprite as well around that time, but i was little.  how blue bell hasn't figured this out yet, especially after they poisoned their customers, i have no idea. their management is foolish. aggy, imo.

but aside from that, i simply don't think it's in our taxpayer interest to send a stupid 17 year old to prison. what about the video i posted above? if that kid spits in that cop's burger, ten years in the slammer? just doesn't make sense to me.

i'm all for some kind of consequence, i just think this is absurd for the crime committed.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i don't believe in deterrent sentencing guidelines, just so my position is clear. 

the first deterrent would be for blue bell to put a seal on their fucking food product like every other digestible product on the market. that was a result of the tylenol killer, which i remember. i think i remember an issue with sprite as well around that time, but i was little.  how blue bell hasn't figured this out yet, especially after they poisoned their customers, i have no idea. their management is foolish. aggy, imo.

but aside from that, i simply don't think it's in our taxpayer interest to send a stupid 17 year old to prison. what about the video i posted above? if that kid spits in that cop's burger, ten years in the slammer? just doesn't make sense to me.

i'm all for some kind of consequence, i just think this is absurd for the crime committed.

Well, until she is finally sentenced, we are all just arguing hypothetically. And I don't want to start bifurcating arguments, but the huge surge against single use plastics is really putting companies in a bind in regards to sealing products. I would assume that a plastic seal on every tub of Blue Bell ice cream would have a substantial impact on the environment when ice cream companies in general, not just Blue Bell, have been sealing their product by freezing the lid to the top for as long as I can remember.

Also, if we really to go down the rabbit hole of tampering with the food of police:

OKEECHOBEE, Fla. (CBS Local) — Three Florida teens who allegedly spit in food ordered by sheriff’s deputies are out of a job and under arrest, authorities said.

Two uniformed, on-duty deputies stopped at Hwy 55 Burgers Shakes & Fries for dinner last Saturday, according to the Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office.

An anonymous person later notified the restaurant’s owners that three teenage employees conspired to spit in the deputies’ food, CBS affiliate WPEC reported.

The owners viewed surveillance video that confirmed the accusations, the sheriff’s office said. The three employees were immediately fired and the Okeechobee City Police Department was contacted.

SHOCKING VIDEO: Three teens were fired and arrested for reportedly spitting into Okeechobee County deputies' food.
Read more: https://t.co/91BRx7ws7j pic.twitter.com/HyZ4Sk7hD1

— WPEC CBS12 News (@CBS12) May 2, 2019

According to the sheriff’s office, the owners were “quite upset” and were fully cooperative.

The three employees, aged between 16 and 17 years old and are all high school students, were each charged with Florida’s food anti-tampering act, a first-degree felony, and battery on a law enforcement officer, a third-degree felony, according to the sheriff’s office.

They were transported to the Department of Juvenile Justice.

“There is no excuse for actions such as this and will not be tolerated,” Sheriff Noel E. Stephen said.

The deputies were notified and they don’t need medical treatment at this point.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/05/02/three-fast-food-workers-arrested-allegedly-spitting-deputies-food/

It'll be interesting to see how they are sentenced. A first and third degree felony for a couple of lougies.

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Well, until she is finally sentenced, we are all just arguing hypothetically. And I don't want to start bifurcating arguments, but the huge surge against single use plastics is really putting companies in a bind in regards to sealing products. I would assume that a plastic seal on every tub of Blue Bell ice cream would have a substantial impact on the environment when ice cream companies in general, not just Blue Bell, have been sealing their product by freezing the lid to the top for as long as I can remember.

Also, if we really to go down the rabbit hole of tampering with the food of police:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/05/02/three-fast-food-workers-arrested-allegedly-spitting-deputies-food/

It'll be interesting to see how they are sentenced. A first and third degree felony for a couple of lougies.

see, i think that's completely absurd. a first degree felony is sexual assault against a child in texas. that doesn't even come close to comparing. jesus, our judicial system is such crap.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

see, i think that's completely absurd. a first degree felony is sexual assault against a child in texas. that doesn't even come close to comparing. jesus, our judicial system is such crap.

I agree that if they were charged to the full extent of the law that it would be a miscarriage of justice. This particular incident is three healthy teens spitting in a couple of cups and the sentencing should reflect that. The Blue Bell incident is a teen who allegedly has the flu licked the top of a carton of Blue Bell that never made it to the home of an individual. The sentencing should reflect that, and whatever social aftermath that occurred up until sentencing. Being charged is one thing, what ends up on the final record is another. They COULD face 2 to 20 years under a first degree felony, but they also COULD end up something akin to criminal mischief, no felony, a fine, and probation on their record. My prediction is that 6 months from now, if everything stands as is, the Blue Bell girl will not be charged with a felony and the news won't give more than a 5 second blurb on it if it even makes it past the crawl on the bottom of the screen.

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

I grew up in a small town, the local badge carrying yokels (aka cops) were guys my oldest brother went to HS with. So they used to like to fuck with us, not really harassing but just doing annoying things.
One of their "tricks" was they would come into the local eatery and if we were there late at night (munchies, or after boozing) they would come talk to us and start to eat our fries. My buddy Tom, as soon as they would come up to our table, would spit on his basket and thereby mark his territory. It was a little gross, but also hilarious. 

sidenote: we need a Bernard board again, to talk about stupid interactions with cops.

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

I see the retards have been let out of the CR.  Who the fuck left the gate open?

Choosing to destroy someone's life and imprison them for a substantial period of time for licking ice cream is political.  

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

What if someone had died eating Blue Bell. Also I can't think of any other icecream maker that puts a plastic seal on ice cream.

Just now, workswithseed said:

So if someone else died you wouldn't have been mad she killed someone? I agree with you, a guy should have been shit canned.

i'm honestly trying to come up with a death scenario for licking a tub of ice cream. i'm sure there are some things that could happen. but they would be so far-fetched that i still cannot support any kind of felony for this. i'm having a hard time with anything more than a class c misdemeanor. 

speeding kills more people nationally than licked ice cream. and it's only a class c. 

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm honestly trying to come up with a death scenario for licking a tub of ice cream. i'm sure there are some things that could happen. but they would be so far-fetched that i still cannot support any kind of felony for this. i'm having a hard time with anything more than a class c misdemeanor. 

speeding kills more people nationally than licked ice cream. and it's only a class c. 

Nursing home buys influenza ice cream and feeds it to elderly.

edit: but I agree, I don't see this as a felony, esp. since the ice cream never left the store.

Edited by GringoSalado

There was a kid who worked at a stadium months ago who posted a video of him spitting in some food he prepared at a concessions.  Wonder what happened to him?  

Stop with the "oh so you think she should be given life in prison huh" shit.  I'm guessing they are gonna go hard on these people to encourage people not to copycat.  I think community service would be a reasonable punishment.  

Those who are Ok with it, would you have any problem serving that ice cream to your kids?  Now, what if the licker where one of Austin's beloved disease infested, bums?

2 hours ago, GringoSalado said:

To be fair, afaik, blue bell wasn't intentionally putting listeria in their ice  cream. They're just incompetent. You don't jail aggy for being who they are.

They hid the contamination problem without fixing it. Then more people got sick months later from newer batches.

• Like 2