Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

5 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No 40 time that I could easily find, but he's got an 11.14 100m. Lack of long speed doesn't show on his tape, but decisive lateral quickness is encouraging.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8403013/5d98305ca676960c8440d7a8

Kid looks like Jerry Jeudy and nobody can convince me otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Solid offer list.

IIRC, after Bijan committed to us, tOSU prioritized this guy ... if Bijan/Ty don't care, it would be quite something if we ended up with all three in the class.

(I remember hearing a story about how camels, after crossing the desert and reaching a beach or a large body of water, go a little crazy trying to comprehend all the water ... would be my reaction if we got all three of them.)

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

IIRC, after Bijan committed to us, tOSU prioritized this guy ... if Bijan/Ty don't care, it would be quite something if we ended up with all three in the class.

(I remember hearing a story about how camels, after crossing the desert and reaching a beach or a large body of water, go a little crazy trying to comprehend all the water ... would be my reaction if we got all three of them.)

Your reaction:

Image result for camel gif

18 hours ago, Getafix said:

I would expect your reaction to be more like that time you got your head caved in by that menhir

• Like 1

Just finished State of Recruiting with Burton and Roach and they hit on a lot of old news like Burris leaning aggy, Jackson surprisingly not leaning aggy, Roach still underwhelmed by Wheaton, Dixon could flip but Traylor will make it difficult, et al.

One interesting note, TO has been on Jaqwondis Burns for awhile. Burns says he was one of the first coaches to really start recruiting him and even Roach thinks a flip from Ole Miss is a strong possibility. Bobby thinks he's a b-backer, Roach doesn't really know but thinks he's an asset in coverage.

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

18 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Just finished State of Recruiting with Burton and Roach and they hit on a lot of old news like Burris leaning aggy, Jackson surprisingly not leaning aggy, Roach still underwhelmed by Wheaton, Dixon could flip but Traylor will make it difficult, et al.

One interesting note, TO has been on Jaqwondis Burns for awhile. Burns says he was one of the first coaches to really start recruiting him and even Roach thinks a flip from Ole Miss is a strong possibility. Bobby was told he's a b-backer, Roach doesn't really know but thinks he's an asset in coverage.

49 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

One interesting note, TO has been on Jaqwondis Burns for awhile. Burns says he was one of the first coaches to really start recruiting him and even Roach thinks a flip from Ole Miss is a strong possibility. Bobby thinks he's a b-backer, Roach doesn't really know but thinks he's an asset in coverage.

What's Roach's issue with Wheaton?

31 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Carrington's most recent follow is interesting. https://247sports.com/Player/Kevontre-Bradford-46041118/

Edit: Missed Machinator's post above. 

This raises the question, is Herman recruiting too many RBs? We're looking at a 2020 RB room of Ingram, Bijan, Ty-Coreous, R. Johnson, Kirk Johnson (he's already applied for his 8th year of eligibility), D. Young, Hullaby (goal line back), and now Bradford. That's almost 10% of scholarships allocated to RBs. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This raises the question, is Herman recruiting too many RBs? We're looking at a 2020 RB room of Ingram, Bijan, Ty-Coreous, R. Johnson, Kirk Johnson (he's already applied for his 8th year of eligibility), D. Young, Hullaby (goal line back), and now Bradford. That's almost 10% of scholarships allocated to RBs. 

Don't forget Jordan Whittington, Derrian Brown, David Gbenda, and the throwing rb Sam Ehlinger!

This was a big article around the country about QB's, but I'll just paste the part from Spiegelman about the state of Texas.  Says Card should leap King in the Rivals rankings

is the clear-cut QB1 in Texas. At the beginning of the cycle, I felt Card was a Rivals100 prospect. His film was incredible and you saw glimpses of what makes the future Longhorn so special. He has a strong arm, but what is more impressive is how accurate he is throwing all over the yard. In-person, Card showed off how mobile he is against Mansfield Timberview as he sliced up a very talented defense with his arms and legs. The future of Texas football is very bright with Card on the way. As it stands now, Card should leap 

-- who drew a lot of buzz in the offseason -- as the top signal-caller in Texas.

• Like 6

Just now, texifornia said:

Man, when we get motivated, Yancy-ed up Princely, life could be pretty pretty good.

I still think Collins is the best d-lineman in the state this year.

I love Prince Dorbah, but he is destined for B-Backer. Speaking of, I feel like I haven't heard his name lately. How is his season going?