Sign in to follow this  
52-80

This Khruangbin song is just so sexy tho

25 minutes ago, Not that Bob said:

Got a Dick Dale vibe to it. 

Had never heard of this band, but they're fans of Afghan music.  I had recently learned that Dale and the surf guitar thing were heavily influenced by middle eastern music (Misirlou apparently means Egyptian girl in Turkish).  It's obvious once you know it, but I had enjoyed surf guitar for decades without knowing the connection.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Love me some Khruangbin.   The Pitchfork Live production is a visual and sonic dream.    

Also, first Houston show in a long time next Saturday.  

7c723b0646764a9a965740c7371b3004.image!j

Great song and perfect video for a drippy rainy Friday morning. 

From the video description:  "Friday Morning is a love song, written and recorded at the remote farm in Burton, Texas where Khruangbin got its start. To commemorate the song, the band asked their closest friends and family to record messages of love to each band member. The music video is a portrait of the band hearing these audio recordings for the first time, capturing on film the emotions one feels when they hear just how loved they are; a poignant and heartfelt expression in a time where, as a collective whole, we need to hear and express love more than ever."

The show at White Oak on Saturday was awesome!!! It was my 4th time to see them, and the best so far.. they had live congas, steel guitar, vibraphone sitting in for parts or all of the set.  They brought out Leon Bridges and did 2 new unreleased songs... the crowd/vibe/weather were perfect.  Just a great night.  My only complaint is with the volume of the outdoor shows at White Oak - this was my second show there (David Byrne), and both times it was loud but not quite loud enough. I get that it's either that, or no shows at all in that neighbohood per their agreement, but I still wish they could do something.

Any of y'all go?

On 10/24/2019 at 2:18 AM, 52-80 said:

Thanks for posting this. I just realized I saw them open for Chicano Batman 2 years ago. Now I'm going down the YouTube rabbit hole.