Jump to content
texifornia

2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Jeez, like what sort of bad culture? Agreed that it seems super odd for Shaw.

I heard that In an effort to appeal to their fan base, he wanted to hold Spring practice in Bangalore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ColeTrickle said:

Herman mentioned he expects to add multiple grad transfers in his press conference 

He better unless he plans on not using a LB next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What should we be looking for in the grad transfer market outside of LB and probably OL?  I know 247 mentioned a Tennessee OL grad transfer.  TE?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 7:29 PM, ColeTrickle said:

Herman mentioned he expects to add multiple grad transfers in his press conference 

I’m not sure exactly what the benefits of having grad transfers at his press conference are but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m not sure exactly what the benefits of having grad transfers at his press conference are but whatever.

Alignment!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

 

 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dee-Anderson-58951/

Dee Anderson plans to transfer, according to Tiger Details, after he didn’t play this past regular season because he was suspended for not meeting conditioning goals. He plans to enter the transfer portal and be eligible to play next fall. Anderson graduated from LSU last week.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/veteran-lsu-wide-receiver-reportedly-plans-to-transfer/ 

gArbrkNj_normal.jpgMatt Zenitz  @mzenitz

Source: LSU wide receiver Dee Anderson, who was suspended for the season in September, went into the transfer portal today.

Started four games last year and finished the season with 20 catches.

 
 
Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's crazy athletic but if LSU's S&C coach couldn't keep him on track and working, odds are pretty good he's just going to bust no matter where he ends up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Didn't Charlie and co go after Dee before he went to LSU?

Yeah. He was walking the line on academics even then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is the kind of exodus that happens when a coach is fired/leaves - is Shaw making it known that he is going to the NFL?

 

Also - we need LB's and Pryts looks like a good one.  https://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Pryts-37962/

From thecardboard

[Michael] Williams, a two-year starter, told 247Sports that this big run of transfer portal entrants was somewhat expected in Palo Alto. In fact, head coach David Shaw encouraged his players to explore their options knowing how hard it can be to get into graduate school. Williams labeled potential entry into some Stanford graduate programs as "nearly impossible."

He said Shaw left the door open for the team's fifth-year seniors to return to school if they want. 
“He wants to make the best decisions for us,” Williams said. “He wants us to make the best decisions for ourselves. I appreciate him for it. He actually told me: ‘Visit anywhere you want. Do anything you want to do. Just make the best decision for you. If Stanford is the best decision for you then I know you’ll come.'”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

From thecardboard

[Michael] Williams, a two-year starter, told 247Sports that this big run of transfer portal entrants was somewhat expected in Palo Alto. In fact, head coach David Shaw encouraged his players to explore their options knowing how hard it can be to get into graduate school. Williams labeled potential entry into some Stanford graduate programs as "nearly impossible."

He said Shaw left the door open for the team's fifth-year seniors to return to school if they want. 
“He wants to make the best decisions for us,” Williams said. “He wants us to make the best decisions for ourselves. I appreciate him for it. He actually told me: ‘Visit anywhere you want. Do anything you want to do. Just make the best decision for you. If Stanford is the best decision for you then I know you’ll come.'”

Translation: Some of Stanford's players actually went to Stanford to play school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or my translation:  Stanford's got some real problems and it really does feel like a slow descent is upon us.  But the flip side is that Stanford is going to give Shaw lots of leeway, and this fits in with Stanford marketing to football players.  Shaw will keep his system, he recognizes lots of players may want to try something new, but it doesn't mean that he's not going to start fresh with some new guys and keep the system going.  In other words, Shaw not remotely in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait so the Stanford Grad program is really hard to get in so now we see the mass exodus?  Has this been a thing in the past as well? Just didn't notice it til now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, UDontKnow said:

Translation: Some of Stanford's players actually went to Stanford to play school.

Their 4-8 record hints at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the kid who's dad was on a bunch of college and recruiting message boards trying to drum up interest in his son?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Given our recent history he will end up at LSU our OU

 

It’s pretty much a guarantee that LSU will get some grad transfer QB. The question is more which one we’ll be facing next year than if. 
 

I don’t think OU will take one. Rattler was a 5 star in 2018. If Riley passes him up again for a transfer, then he’ll likely leave and OU will have a hard time getting elite QBs out of HS. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s pretty much a guarantee that LSU will get some grad transfer QB. The question is more which one we’ll be facing next year than if. 
 

I don’t think OU will take one. Rattler was a 5 star in 2018. If Riley passes him up again for a transfer, then he’ll likely leave and OU will have a hard time getting elite QBs out of HS. 

Wonder if JT Daniels will be on the move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I hope so. He didn’t look that good to me in their bowl game. 

Getting a guy from Wake Forest isn't the same as getting a guy from Ohio St or Alabama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s pretty much a guarantee that LSU will get some grad transfer QB. The question is more which one we’ll be facing next year than if. 

The best QBs in the portal are Feliepe Franks and KJ Costello. My money would be on Franks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...