Camelback80

I told you so

11 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I’m not finding much substance in this post nor can I tell even what you’re arguing. I’ve said that I don’t think shaka deserves to be our coach anymore based on his past here, he’s been a complete failure outside of that little NIT run.   I never said he deserves the benefit of the doubt either so obviously we’re not arguing about his   legitimacy as our coach this year. 

Is this boiling down to your last sentence about whether this season can be judged at this time?  If so, you’ll never change my mind on that, at 6-1, seven games into a long season before conference play has even started, the season cannot be judged.  I just find that weird, and miserably pessimistic. But you do you 

you have done nothing but move the goal posts further and further away since your initial retarded post in this thread. none of the self righteous bullshit you keep spewing has anything to do with what you originally said, which is what the rest of us are replying to. try and keep up with your own idiotic arguments a little better, jesus. 

cameltoe's OP is all about how he was right that Shaka would be a great coach at Texas who would turn the program around. then you come running in here claiming that anyone who says that he's wrong is "just as ridiculous as the OP." so how did we get from there, to you droning on interminably about waiting to judge a season until it's over? Has Shaka Smart turned this program around? Has he been a great coach at Texas? No? Then Camel and his OP are in fact wrong, you moron.

You come in here insulting everyone else while literally talking about how intelligent you are/what a great fan you are, yet you can't even keep up with or defend your original take in the first place. i have no idea why you've chosen now to suddenly grace this board with your moronic presence, but you should definitely disappear again. 

Edited by Goo Punch

lmao. ah geez man, i am sorry that self awareness is so clearly lost on you, but there's only one person in here right now behaving like a someone who is miserable, and it ain't any of us who dared to say that OP was wrong. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

lmao. ah geez man, i am sorry that self awareness is so clearly lost on you, but there's only one person in here right now behaving like a someone who is miserable, and it ain't any of us who dared to say that OP was wrong. 

Nah this thread is packed with premature ejaculators. You need to find some balance in your lives.  I’m not moving any goal posts nor should my position be hard to understand.  It’s like you can’t comprehend it, or don’t want to, because it’s not pessimistic and does not line up perfectly with your views.  

Here’s where I stand.  It’s simple. Try responding to it without forcing positions on me that I’m not taking and making up lies that I’m not saying. 

-OP obviously jizzed prematurely.  Saying “I told you so” after what was it, two games into a season, is laughably dumb. Just ridiculous. Verdict? Ridicule: Warranted

-Anybody saying the entire season, at 6-1, or earlier, as it were, can be judged, is jizzing prematurely. Verdict? Ridicule: Warranted

-Having no faith in Shaka based off of the past: Fair

-  letting your lack of faith in the coach blind you into believing that if our players hit some more of those wide-open shots that things can’t change for the better: Not Fair

As a college basketball fan you’re only cheating yourselves.  But as I said before, you do you. Getting furious that somebody doesn’t think like you do reeks of mental illness. 

Edited by GotThatFire

8 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Nah this thread is packed with premature ejaculators. You need to find some balance in your lives.  I’m not moving any goal posts nor should my position be hard to understand.  It’s like you can’t comprehend it, or don’t want to, because it’s not pessimistic and does not line up perfectly with your views.  

Here’s where I stand.  It’s simple. Try responding to it without forcing positions on me that I’m not taking and making up lies that I’m not saying. 

-OP obviously jizzed prematurely.  Saying “I told you so” after what was it, two games into a season, is laughably dumb. Just ridiculous. Verdict? Ridicule: Warranted

-Anybody saying the entire season, at 6-1, or earlier, as it were, can be judged, is jizzing prematurely. Verdict? Ridicule: Warranted

-Having no faith in Shaka based off of the past: Fair

-  letting your lack of faith in the coach blind you into believing that if our players hit some more of those wide-open shots that things can’t change for the better: Not Fair

As a college basketball fan you’re only cheating yourselves.  But as I said before, you do you. Getting furious that somebody doesn’t think like you do reeks of mental illness. 

I don't really disagree with any of this except to say this about "being blinded."  We've watched Shaka's teams deteriorate over the time he has been our coach.  Our shooting percentages are terrible from the FT line, 2 pt shots and 3 pt shots.  Our stats are beyond awful.  There was a snapshot on the fire Shaka thread that really can't be explained other than very bad coaching.  If this were year one or two in Shaka's tenure, I would maybe agree that "I'm blinded into believing . . . ."  I'm not mentally ill.  I'm fucking sick of Shaka being a shitty coach and his teams year after year playing like dog shit.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:02 AM, smwhorn said:

I don't really disagree with any of this except to say this about "being blinded."  We've watched Shaka's teams deteriorate over the time he has been our coach.  Our shooting percentages are terrible from the FT line, 2 pt shots and 3 pt shots.  Our stats are beyond awful.  There was a snapshot on the fire Shaka thread that really can't be explained other than very bad coaching.  If this were year one or two in Shaka's tenure, I would maybe agree that "I'm blinded into believing . . . ."  I'm not mentally ill.  I'm fucking sick of Shaka being a shitty coach and his teams year after year playing like dog shit.

Actually they're fairly decent from the FT line and from 2.  We just don't shoot enough of them. 

I just hope we ride the line of mediocrity long enough for this post to still be a thing in March, instead of falling into the abyss of expected outcomes, where we all laugh at OP and then cry in our beers.