Orlando fired

Handcruser

I'm legitimately shocked by this. I figured MENSA would've retained Orlando and blamed injuries. Orlando is one of the highest paid coordinators in the country and he wasn't getting it done, good riddance. Charlie Strong for DC? I kid, I kid.

Too bad South Carolina appears to be hanging on to Muschamp for another season.  He sucks ass as an HC but that guy can coordinate some defense and given SC firing would be his second strike I don't see much more of an HC future for him.

All presupposes ego would allow him to return to Texas, though the cast of characters is very different....

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

charlie’s record as a DC is pretty well established.  he’s not vance bedford. 

didn't translate recently though. A HC needs to oversee everything. He got lucky with great UF players and that was a long time ago. So you're wrong. Fuck Charlie, he's trash at everything.

Would much rather have Gene Chizik at $1.5mil/yr .

Edited by NowThis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EuroHorn said:

Would have thought Beck would be the first to go. Thought the defense at least looked better as the season progressed. The offense spiraled down 

Beck will probably get demoted....he should be fired but I think his recruiting prowess saves him.  If he isn't at least demoted though that's a fuck up.

6 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Would have thought Beck would be the first to go. Thought the defense at least looked better as the season progressed. The offense spiraled down 

They only looked better after spotting the other team 14 points on easy wide-open long-gain pass plays. 

Edited by El Squared

Just now, 6th Street said:

Beck firing will have to wait until after signing day 1 to secure a potential Bijan Robinson commitment

Bijan will just do a Bru, and transfer. And, he won't have to sit citing a change in coordinators. That precedent has been set. 

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

didn't translate recently though. A HC needs to oversee everything. He got lucky with great UF players and that was a long time ago. So you're wrong. Fuck Charlie, he's trash at everything.

Would much rather have Gene Chizik at $1.5mil/yr .

no, I’m right.  sorry, bud.  and I’m not advocating for charlie to come be our DC.  that’s ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If fired, pretty sure Orlando still gets $1.7 million for the 1yr remaining in his contract

Minus the offset if he gets another job. He should go back to the Mountain West/American, where his schemes play out better than against really good offensive coaches in the Big 12.

11 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Beck is not the play caller in the same sense that Orlando was. Mehringer, Beck, Herman, and Hand all have a say in the playcalls on game day. Which is why the offense is a clusterfuck. Beck is still an elite recruiter and unlike most of the other staff is a good coach at whatever position you put him at. Orlando was not a good DC, a horrible recruiter, and an abysmal teacher at the LB position.

• Like 5