Landomatic

I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

23 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Hard to beat the chimney for a single steak. Uses little fuel, no real cleanup. If you have an appropriate sized cast iron pan, you can also put it over a chimney. Just don't use a pan that overhangs too much, as any overhang not receiving heat is acting as a heat sink and losing heat to the atmosphere.

I've been wanting to modify a cutout chimney to be able to slide the steak underneath, to get the radiant heat sear without the smoke fumes from drips, but it's buried in my projects list. Saw it on Guga, want to try. Should give a cleaner sear taste.

lmao this is awesome

7 hours ago, cam4mav said:

lmao this is awesome

If by "awesome" you mean "annoying as fuck" then yeah, I agree.  People actually watch those fools?  I guess anyone can be a youtube star.

If by "awesome" you mean "annoying as fuck" then yeah, I agree.  People actually watch those fools?  I guess anyone can be a youtube star.

His channel is worth a million dollars. It’s annoying at times but I like some of his videos.d0f18670a287802705d616dc6eb42d3d.jpg
Then there’s his other channel:
de3343ce14e74e9cd438653b36987d44.jpg
He’s doing something right.

I really like his channels, because they apply a bit more scientific method to the questions than most. He cuts comparison steaks from the same piece of meat, the testers pick the same slice from each steak, etc. He shows some great tricks and techniques in a very common sense kitchen way, no deep discussion of theory.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:37 AM, 4th_and_18 said:

His channel is worth a million dollars. It’s annoying at times but I like some of his videos.d0f18670a287802705d616dc6eb42d3d.jpg
Then there’s his other channel:
de3343ce14e74e9cd438653b36987d44.jpg
He’s doing something right.

What is that based on?  And who came up with those numbers?

What is that based on?  And who came up with those numbers?

First result on google search for “how much is...worth.” Looks like a few other “value” sites have the value a little lower, but still impressive.