InkaUtexas

DT: COVID-19 - NO POLITICS ALLOWED

1 minute ago, NoName said:

in case it hasn't been said elsewhere - SA has community acquired cases currently. 

I’m case it hasn’t been said elsewhere - SA has some big ol’ women currently

6 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Username checks out.  Would not.  Broads in their 20's who look like they are in their late 40's no bueno.  She's past her prime at 28.  

Good news, you are not required to fuck or even find attractive the same women I do.

I've no idea why people at this place want to argue with others on what some one else finds attractive.

My biggest frustration in how this whole thing has gone down is a lack of focus on the antibody tests. If the idea was to mitigate fear in people, and get them back to work weeks ago, then you should have been telling the public weeks ago that we’re working on wide scale antibody testing. Let the 40-60% of people that had mild cases or asymptomatic testing go back to work. Start the economy is pieces, make the people feel safe and there is a path back stabilize the markets. Kill 2 birds with one stone. 

im literally amazed this hasn’t been a plan front he started. Its like everyone forgot they exist in the chase for ventilators or stressing social distancing 

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Good news, you are not required to fuck or even find attractive the same women I do.

I've no idea why people at this place want to argue with others on what some one else finds attractive.

BECAUSE GOTT DAMMIT ......... YOU'RE WROOOOOOOOOONG !!!!!!    

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

9 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

I heard a report yesterday that they have found “traces” of the virus 17 days after cruise ship was de-boarded. There was no explanation if still contagious. 

Hope a surly scientist can explain. 

they said they found "traces" of it but didn't clarify if it was viable virus or just basically remnants

Just now, NoName said:

they said they found "traces" of it but didn't clarify if it was viable virus or just basically remnants

My first thought as well. So many in  journalism have a nasty habit of taking the worst possible outcome, and ramping it up to 11.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My biggest frustration in how this whole thing has gone down is a lack of focus on the antibody tests. If the idea was to mitigate fear in people, and get them back to work weeks ago, then you should have been telling the public weeks ago that we’re working on wide scale antibody testing. Let the 40-60% of people that had mild cases or asymptomatic testing go back to work. Start the economy is pieces, make the people feel safe and there is a path back stabilize the markets. Kill 2 birds with one stone. 

im literally amazed this hasn’t been a plan front he started. Its like everyone forgot they exist in the chase for ventilators or stressing social distancing 

This whole coronavirus thing must not be a multi-trillion dollar racket opportunity for the healthcare “industry” in this country. Better focus on developing and peddling drugs to treat diabetes symptoms for life. That’s where it’s at, drugs that people need to take for the rest of their lives, not this.

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

Why didn't they just spray the ship with Lysol? 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In many companies, healthy people are among the essential employees. In your plan, all of the healthy people go home and only sick people work?  It also would seem to help spread the disease.   “Amazon warehouse workers and drivers - only cv19 employees are allowed to touch packages. “

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

Precisely, there are probably traces of my semen in many places but it’s no longer viable semen. At least, I hope not.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

The test that is used is RT-PCR. That is a DNA based test. So clinicians use a test kit to isolate the RNA from the viral particles. The RNA is converted into DNA and the DNA is replicated millions of times to determine if the virus is present. However, just because viral RNA is present doesn't mean the virus can infect. It could just as easily be fragments of virus as whole virus.All the test shows is that the portion of the RNA that the test replicates was intact at the time of testing.

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In many companies, healthy people are among the essential employees. In your plan, all of the healthy people go home and only sick people work?  It also would seem to help spread the disease.   “Amazon warehouse workers and drivers - only cv19 employees are allowed to touch packages. “

I look at the word “had” in his statement and assume it to mean they “had” the virus and are no longer contagious.

69 total cases for San Antonio

18 community spread cases of those 69

24 new cases since Monday without a Wednesday report

2 deaths

17 of the 69 are in patients ages 40-49, with 13 between the ages 20-29. More than half, 54 percent, are males.

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hey, we're just here to help...

I appreciate it. You know, I'm really grateful for the assistance. I now see it from RollLeft's perspective and he's right. I shouldn't find her attractive nor want to fuck her. She's hideous.

Thank God you all were here to show me the light.

Edited by BurntEyes

8 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Step into my office, because you're fucking fired!

Professor Jackie Ying, who heads the NanoBio Lab at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star), and her team have come up with a rapid test that can tell if a person has Covid-19 in as little as five minutes. When approved, this would be about the fastest test out there for Covid-19.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapore-scientists-on-the-front-lines-of-fight-against-covid-19

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Not necessarily. The test that is used is RT-PCR. That is a DNA based test. So clinicians use a test kit to isolate the RNA from the viral particles. The RNA is converted into DNA and the DNA is replicated millions of times to determine if the virus is present. However, just because viral RNA is present doesn't mean the virus can infect. It could just as easily be fragments of virus as whole virus.All the test shows is that the portion of the RNA that the test replicates was intact at the time of testing.

If we ask you what time it is, don’t tell us how to build a watch.

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

I look at the word “had” in his statement and assume it to mean they “had” the virus and are no longer contagious.

That plan might work eventually. I’ve seen reports of 55k Americans currently with cv19.  350 listed as recovered.

also difficult to tell who has really recovered due to lack of tests. Harris County set to run out of tests on Thursday. No word on resupply.

23 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So, when the queen gets it and survives because she is immortal we can just use her blood as a vaccine, right?

we have to put her in a blender first to extract her life juice

4 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

69 total cases for San Antonio

18 community spread cases of those 69

24 new cases since Monday without a Wednesday report

2 deaths

17 of the 69 are in patients ages 40-49, with 13 between the ages 20-29. More than half, 54 percent, are males.

Nice

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That plan might work eventually. I’ve seen reports of 55k Americans currently with cv19.  350 listed as recovered.

also difficult to tell who has really recovered due to lack of tests. Harris County set to run out of tests on Thursday. No word on resupply.

I believe everyone’s assumption is that there are far more than 55k who have or have had the virus. The antibody test could confirm all of those who never knew they were infected. Your numbers are only based on confirmed tests for the virus itself, which we all know are way off.

Edited by Casual Encounter
Also, the could work alongside the healthy people.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The test that is used is RT-PCR. That is a DNA based test. So clinicians use a test kit to isolate the RNA from the viral particles. The RNA is converted into DNA and the DNA is replicated millions of times to determine if the virus is present. However, just because viral RNA is present doesn't mean the virus can infect. It could just as easily be fragments of virus as whole virus.All the test shows is that the portion of the RNA that the test replicates was intact at the time of testing.

All of this. If enough of an RNA fragment was intact on whatever surfaces they were wiping, it could have bonded to the RT-PCR template and replicated for a positive test result without being a complete, viable, infectious virus. If the sample came from combined swabs of multiple surfaces in multiple rooms, this isn’t shocking. 

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

San Marcos starts back Monday. Rumor from some teachers is most of April will be online and there is a good chance HS will not go back. Makes sense. They go back for AP exams which college board already said are online this year, and then finals. Spectrum is working with the ISD for free access for kids. Hot Spots, etc. Lunches are rocking for free, kids still need to go and pick them up. But the Food Bank is now involved. HEB and Target are kicking ass. 

America Bitches. 

Waco just went and majorly expanded bandwidth and installed outdoor nodes at all the public libraries and other public buildings to where people could pull up in the parking areas and utilize WiFi for free.   

“We even had a couple of examples of prescribers trying to say that the individual they were calling in for had rheumatoid arthritis,” he said, explaining that pharmacists suspected that wasn’t true. “I mean, that’s fraud.”

In one case, Reynolds said, the prescriber initially tried to get the pills without an explanation and only offered up that the individual had rheumatoid arthritis after the pharmacist questioned the prescription.

A pharmacist in Houston, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation and violating patient privacy, said he was recently asked by a surgeon for an unusually large quantity with unlimited refills. “He said it was because his wife had lupus,” the pharmacist said, “but when I asked him for her name and diagnosis, he told me just to put it in his.”

Some people's behavior during this whole outbreak is just appalling. 

To keep from self doxing I'm required to be a bit vague, but I work with a lot of Universities. 

Based on my conversations with them recently it appears that for some, perhaps many, the transition to online has occurred. Mostly it seems to be functioning pretty well and there is heavy engagement from students and faculty.

Some are much further ahead than others which is primarily a resource to student ratio and student body make up.

Read - "Smarter" and technical students seem to be adapting faster. Technical Universities appear to be furthest ahead save perhaps the "Top" academic ones. Universities that already had an online presence seem to be doing well too.

It seems they are getting it figured out. Which is great.

10 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

That’s a good idea.  I’d be happy to show some folks proper food handling.  I still have my food manager’s license 

For those who want to, you can get your food handlers certificate online for $45. 

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

To keep from self doxing I'm required to be a bit vague, but I work with a lot of Universities. 

Based on my conversations with them recently it appears that for some, perhaps many, the transition to online has occurred. Mostly it seems to be functioning pretty well and there is heavy engagement from students and faculty.

Some are much further ahead than others which is primarily a resource to student ratio and student body make up.

Read - "Smarter" and technical students seem to be adapting faster. Technical Universities appear to be furthest ahead save perhaps the "Top" academic ones. Universities that already had an online presence seem to be doing well too.

It seems they are getting it figured out. Which is great.

So.... advantage, aggy?

1 hour ago, Somnio said:

Can you expand on this statement.  I am intrigued.

Pretty much preparing for the worst.  I’ll leave it at that.

That doesn’t mean anticipating it, but being ready.

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah.  Spot on.  Flying blind all over.  The overall recovery will be much faster (economy too) if we ramp up antibody tests   

Chicagoland has hospitals that have aggressively opened up beds and are as ready as we can be under current circumstances.  We are seeing some eye opening shit you don’t typically get with the regular flu...last night a healthy 50 yo cop needed intubation.  

Stay vigilant.  

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Some people's behavior during this whole outbreak is just appalling. 

A few bad apples fucking shit up for everyone -- typical. That said, I have a hard time judging the hospital nurse/doctor on the front lines every day with far from ideal PPE. That's gotta be terrifying.

Just now, utee94 said:

So.... advantage, aggy?

Hahahaha... No. I was talking real, actual Universities transitioning from class to online. 

Not online schools finding ways to use a jizz jar while maintaining social distances.

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No dude. In my plan the healthy people who had it and recovered go back to work with their newly proven immunity.  We’ve failed at testing in advance for who has it. Now we need to test for folks who had it and never knew it and send them back to work. Theyre doing it in South Korea. By coincidence, this is all the people who are younger and essential workers. In the current plan, those folks are working anyway and there is no knowledge of they’ve had it, failed to catch it yet, etc. 

we should be mailing out these tests, and loading the results into a database. If you show signs of antibodies and feel good, you get a green light on an app and can go about your business. If you have a red light, you don’t have antibodies and shelter in place, which is theoretically what everyone is doing now. This would allow 30% to stop doing that, or whatever percentage, because they’re already healthy and aren’t contagious. 

it would also give people more hope this is temporary and the world isn’t ending. 

Still want to know:

Why China's number are barely climbing.  This thing never got out of Hubei and into Beijing or Shanghai or anywhere else?

And

How Germany only as 172 deaths (as of now).   France has 2/3 the cases and 5 times the deaths

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

For those who want to, you can get your food handlers certificate online for $45. 

You can actually get it for about $7.   

https://www.learn2serve.com/texas-food-handler-certificate?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_campaign=194624844&utm_content=14533407324&utm_term=learn2serve&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhKfQ0Ny16AIVkovICh3vhgZCEAAYASACEgKFOfD_BwE

40 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

We just want to bitch.  Hell, a well known user inadvertently admit he likes futons crammed up his ass and 30 min later we’re all, ‘who cares bro?  You do you’ and welcomed him back.  We bitch because we love (think of your wife). 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We just want to bitch.  Hell, a well known user inadvertently admit he likes futons crammed up his ass and 30 min later we’re all, ‘who cares bro?  You do you’ and welcomed him back.  We bitch because we love (think of your wife). 

But I'm sensitive and easily influenced. So I've seen the light. 

I'm grateful for your love and guidance.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No dude. In my plan the healthy people who had it and recovered go back to work with their newly proven immunity.  We’ve failed at testing in advance for who has it. Now we need to test for folks who had it and never knew it and send them back to work. Theyre doing it in South Korea. By coincidence, this is all the people who are younger and essential workers. In the current plan, those folks are working anyway and there is no knowledge of they’ve had it, failed to catch it yet, etc. 

we should be mailing out these tests, and loading the results into a database. If you show signs of antibodies and feel good, you get a green light on an app and can go about your business. If you have a red light, you don’t have antibodies and shelter in place, which is theoretically what everyone is doing now. This would allow 30% to stop doing that, or whatever percentage, because they’re already healthy and aren’t contagious. 

it would also give people more hope this is temporary and the world isn’t ending. 

I was saying...  many hundreds of pages back that one reason for broad testing was that once you were tested positive and recovered (again cleared by test) that individual could take on duties for the high risk folks or return to being a productive member of society.  Obviously since we did't do that we have to wait for the other test.    But that position was never addressed by the "testing is useless" crowd.

8 hours ago, bob in houston said:

@DalTxHornFan

I created a thread just for you here

Please go there to debate this topic and don't post in this thread any more

And everyone else, when someone comes in here with this kind of shit please report and DON"T FUCKING ENGAGE WITH THEM

Please go to the thread above to debate with them

barney stinson burn GIF

32 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I appreciate it. You know, I'm really grateful for the assistance. I now see it from RollLeft's perspective and he's right. I shouldn't find her attractive nor want to fuck her. She's hideous.

Thank God you all were here to show me the light.

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Loco said:

I was saying...  many hundreds of pages back that one reason for broad testing was that once you were tested positive and recovered (again cleared by test) that individual could take on duties for the high risk folks or return to being a productive member of society.  Obviously since we did't do that we have to wait for the other test.    But that position was never addressed by the "testing is useless" crowd.

Well, technically an antibody test IS a test. Just a different one. But this should have been a concurrent message given weeks ago, while also trying to ramp up regular testing. Fuck, even if you tell people that this is the eventual PLAN it would quell fear and make people feel better. Like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. And actually achieving it, shit, a huge chunk of Americans could breathe eat and return to normalcy. Markets would probably stabilize a bit. It’s basic fucking common sense, so naturally we haven’t heard work one about that kind of plan.