CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I work at a startup with a total of 9 employees.  While we are all working from home for the next two weeks, it would be trivially easy for us to limit total on-site personnel to 5 or less at all times.  Few of us interact with each other much anyway, as our job descriptions are very distinct.  I myself have a large office to myself, and I might as well be at home half the time I'm at work.

I really don't see us instituting a "don't go into the office under penalty of death" rule any time soon.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If we get to the point where doctors have to make a decision on who gets a ventilator and potentially lives and who doesn’t and dies, I sincerely hope that they check patient’s social media accounts and factor that into their decision. If you’ve been tweeting about this being a hoax or liking Dotard’s speeches about this being an overblown flu, maybe you should move to the back of the ventilator line.

This is a little psychotic. Maybe if we’re talking about someone like Johnny Sack who should know better, then maybe. But if we’re talking about someone born into a conservative family in a conservative milieu and was not gifted with the resources to overcome those impediments, then no, that would be wrong.  You would be killing them for circumstances beyond their control. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:
Atlanta airport this morning. 

How In the hell has domestic travel not been suspended. Maybe suspend flights that are within 500 miles of each other (full days drive)

I’m sure it will be soon enough. We have to wait first for the damage to be done though. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

This is a little psychotic. Maybe if we’re talking about someone like Johnny Sack who should know better, then maybe. But if we’re talking about someone born into a conservative family in a conservative milieu and was not gifted with the resources to overcome those impediments, then no, that would be wrong.  You would be killing them for circumstances beyond their control. 

Ignorance is a choice. Choices have consequences.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Ignorance is a choice. Choices have consequences.

This is like saying Hindus in India should burn in Hell for not accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  People are a product of their environment 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

This is like saying Hindus in India should burn in Hell for not accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  People are a product of their environment 

A large subsection of our population chooses to live in their own alternate reality. Fine, but when they’re faced with reality, let’em rot.

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mardi Gras was a bad idea this year.

ETq_pJnU4AAAC-L?format=png&name=small

You know when disaster strikes New Orleans or Florida next time, we'll still help them but it's gonna have to come with some fucking caveats.  Like you can't do social distancing at Mardi Gras, then head to Spring Break, then come back for Jazz Fest and cry about how abandoned you are.  Quit fucking touching each other, like we need more Floridians anyway.  

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Federal law enforcement document reveals white supremacists discussed using coronavirus as a bioweapon

https://news.yahoo.com/federal-law-enforcement-document-reveals-white-supremacists-discussed-using-coronavirus-as-a-bioweapon-212031308.html

If there were ever a group in whose hands biological weapons would be utterly useless, particularly where they have to do the "weaponizing," it's white supremists.

10 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Striking real time evidence of flattening the curve --> KY vs. TN 

To be clear, the KY Governor is the opposite of a Trumper or Mitch acolyte.

How Moscow Mitch gets re-elected, will take all credit for this 

ETrCp0pXsAEM_UH?format=jpg&name=large

Hobby Lobby owner David Green is telling store managers to stay open despite the pandemic because his wife had a vision from god. He also warns they'll all have to "tighten their belts" soon. His net worth is $6.4 billion—hourly employees don't get paid sick leave. #COVIDIOT

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk