CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

The utter abuse that Trump supporters are willing to watch him dish out is beyond the pale at this point.  All because they want his approval and handouts.  So Trump is Henry Hill in "Goodfellas."  We are his wife/first goomah (whichever makes the most sense for you).  Debi Mazar, is Trump's base, watching how he treats us like shit but secretly hoping they can still get in on the action and have him for their own as in that new apartment scene where she catches his attention.  

I mean does Trump have secret phone calls and press conferences with his base at night after he's sobered up, when the rest of us are asleep and talks to them humanely and with promises that he'll do better tomorrow? 

After his multiple tirades today, I am completely expecting his base's defense to switch from blaming the libs and media and China and simply reducing to, "You don't know what he's really like!  I know the real him!  He's better than you could possibly know!  He's changing, he's gonna be different...you'll see!  You don't see him the way I do, when it's just us and we shut the rest of the world out!" 

Some nights, I half expect a call from friends/family that support him...they'll be crying, begging for me to pick them up and help them through this horrible mistake they heaved on the rest of their American family.  And then just as their tears have dried and I've consoled them all I could, they'll be asking for me to drop them back off at the polling station so they can go through this all over again, because this time...like Henry Hill...he'll be different!  

Edited by Lobo

His base is finding anything no matter how small to make him look great.

he could he not wiping his ass for the last 10 days and on day 11, he does it. His base would be, look what he is going, he is wiping his ass and owning the libs  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s actually the poster child for the modern American ethos: there is only me, there is no we.
Perfect, flawless selfishness bordering on sociopathy is our brand.
That brand will kill us - it’s doing just that right now.

yep. pros and cons, and all. but when it becomes something that isn't flexible its just a matter of time till life calls and changes things. 

Was her husband at that dinner because I’m pretty sure he’d be telling her, “I’m a physician, not a lawyer but I’m pretty sure I can get your pre-nup voided if you negligently give me the covid19 you fucking imbecile.”

11 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You're not the boss of anyone here.  Kindly shut the fuck up.

Oh cool, drunk Johnny is back.  This is always fine entertainment but he's going to have a high bar to clear to top Angry Gorilla's drunken peanut butter bourbon taste testing live stream.

52 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

jessepinkmanscience.gif

So we're up to something like 20 people confirmed with the Boomer AIDS in close proximity to dotard but he's ok?  His voice sounded a bit raspy today and it looked like the background stooges were keeping a bit more distance. 

fingers_crossed.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in the main hospital in Bergamo, the hardest-hit hospital in Italy in the hardest-hit town in the hardest-hit province, Lombardy - and it's just plain scary.

"I have never felt so stressed in my life, I'm an intensivist, and I am quite used to intense moments, and the choices, and people are critical and die without any treatment, and you [usually] make the difference," he told me.

"But when you are at this point you realise that you are not enough."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-they-call-it-the-apocalypse-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So we're up to something like 20 people confirmed with the Boomer AIDS in close proximity to dotard but he's ok?  His voice sounded a bit raspy today and it looked like the background stooges were keeping a bit more distance. 

fingers_crossed.jpg

God is sending him a message 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

fingers_crossed.jpg

Nothing bad will ever happen to Trump. 

He obviously made a deal with the Devil long ago, but the joke's on Satan, because Donny doesn't have a soul.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

After his multiple tirades today, I am completely expecting his base's defense to switch from blaming the libs and media and China and simply reducing to, "You don't know what he's really like!  I know the real him!  He's better than you could possibly know!  He's changing, he's gonna be different...you'll see!  You don't see him the way I do, when it's just us and we shut the rest of the world out!" 

Some nights, I half expect a call from friends/family that support him...they'll be crying, begging for me to pick them up and help them through this horrible mistake they heaved on the rest of their American family.  And then just as their tears have dried and I've consoled them all I could, they'll be asking for me to drop them back off at the polling station so they can go through this all over again, because this time...like Henry Hill...he'll be different!  

I'm afraid that call will never come. The Kool-Aid is in the cups, sitting on the card table and they will always drink it to the last drop.

9 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

His base is finding anything no matter how small to make him look great.

he could he not wiping his ass for the last 10 days and on day 11, he does it. His base would be, look what he is going, he is wiping his ass and owning the libs  

Forget the Puerto Rican paper towels, corn cobs for all!!

6 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Gov. Newsom rolling out the National Guard in California to hand out food.

Bless that man for doing what needs to be done. My oldest is sheltering in place and trying to be brave. She knows where to place the blame. I'm thinking the GOP is going to have a hard time ever winning her over even if they burned the party to the ground. This kid holds a grudge like you wouldn't believe.

In other news--Puerto Rico has tested (as of two days ago) 83 residents (in a country of 3,750,000). Six were positive, 36 are awaiting results, and the rest were negative. I hope they will get everything locked down in time.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Grammar
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm afraid that call will never come. The Kool-Aid is in the cups, sitting on the card table and they will always drink it to the last drop.

Forget the Puerto Rican paper towels, corn cobs for all!!

Bless that man for doing what needs to be done. My oldest is sheltering in place and trying to be brave. She knows where to place the blame. I'm thinking the GOP is going to have a hard time ever winning her over even if they burned the party to the ground. This kid holds a grudge like you wouldn't believe.

In other news--Puerto Rico has tested (as of two days ago) 83 residents (in a country of 3,750,000). Six were positive, 36 are awaiting results, and the rest were negative. I hope they will get everything locked down in time.

Narrator: They won’t.

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Dr. Fauci shot this down yesterday but of course he has a feeling so he knows better. 

QT prolongation for everyone, especially the high risk elderly with cardiovascular comorbidities! Make Cardiac Arrhythmias Great Again!

• Like 1

Watching NY Gov Cuomo in a press conference on CNN. Can we hire him to also run Texas’ response?

I get that most Texans wouldn’t like his politics but he seems to be able to handle an emergency.  I don’t think Abbott can do anything until the 10% on the far right agree with him. I also guess that states like NY that seem to take this more seriously will ultimately end up better off (relatively) than states that are slow to react. 

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Watching NY Gov Cuomo in a press conference on CNN. Can we hire him to also run Texas’ response?

I get that most Texans wouldn’t like his politics but he seems to be able to handle an emergency.  I don’t think Abbott can do anything until the 10% on the far right agree with him. I also guess that states like NY that seem to take this more seriously will ultimately end up better off (relatively) than states that are slow to react. 

You can catch him on the front page of the NYT also.  

From Wired:

We're all watching that movie now.

People say Contagion is prescient. We just saw the science. The whole epidemiological community has been warning everybody for the past 10 or 15 years that it wasn't a question of whether we were going to have a pandemic like this. It was simply when. It's really hard to get people to listen. I mean, Trump pushed out the admiral on the National Security Council, who was the only person at that level who's responsible for pandemic defense. With him went his entire downline of employees and staff and relationships. And then Trump removed the [early warning] funding for countries around the world.

Anyone with a brain could see this coming

Edited by Bullneck

A CNN commentator made a good comparison between trump and cuomo.  Yesterday Trump was asked how many respirators were ordered or being manufactured.  Trump said he asked for a lot.  Cuomos answer was 6k and that it still wasn’t enough. Cuomo also acknowledged that price gouging was occurring but a good deal wasn’t his priority.  Leadership.

i don’t think trump has to know exact numbers off the top of his head but the WH has so many closed off comm policies, it looks to be impossible to get any info out of them.  I wish I could also find a clip of that q&a with trump but it looked like he was making up info on the spot, and you can see that the reporter wanted to ask if he was lying.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

QT prolongation for everyone, especially the high risk elderly with cardiovascular comorbidities! Make Cardiac Arrhythmias Great Again!

I'll take back everything I said about quinine and azith a couple of days ago. Is it the combination of the two that causes problems or is it one of them? 

Trump has the emotional maturity of a pre-teen.  It is far more important for him to appear to have "the answer" than it is to deliver the truth.

When I was a boy, I was the same way.  Ask me a question, and by God, "I don't know" wasn't coming out of my mouth.  I would go down with the ship, too, even if I knew what I had said was a lie.  I had no world view, no voice in the back of my head saying "oh come on, man, nobody's gonna buy that".  Trump acts the same way.

I don't know if his ego and narcissism are by-products of a poor upbringing, or if they're just ingrained from birth.  It doesn't matter.  If he were a teenager, I'd expect this behavior.  If he were 30 years old, I'd start thinking to myself "I wonder if the switch is ever gonna flip".  At his age?  It doesn't matter how he got here.

I actually applaud Dr. Fauci for seemingly dancing on the head of a pin, because he knows his continued ability to deliver the truth is more important than feeding his own ego and telling Trump to fuck a duck.  No doubt it is causing him great self-shame, but the man is a fucking hero.  I would love to be in the room when he finally snaps and just fucking owns Trump.  It will surely happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'll take back everything I said about quinine and azith a couple of days ago. Is it the combination of the two that causes problems or is it one of them? 

It's people who have underlying cardiac conditions like a history arrhythmia or are already on other medications that affect cardiac conduction (like prolonging QT interval).  A lot of medications unrelated to heart issues can prolong QT interval.  So it's something for a provider to assess before going forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Still tweeting support for his feeling about the medications. Wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Fauci isn't at the presser today so nobody will disagree with him. 

I do believe we are about to find out in short order that these meds make a real difference.  Just my opinion, would hate to be wrong.  Fauci was doing the responsible thing by not putting the cart before the horse and creating a partially informed public stampede that further places a counterproductive burden on the healthcare system.  Of course, Trump is constantly looking for any way to claim credit, so he doesn't even pause to think about the problems his need for self validation causes.  Shit, I even regret talking up CHQ on this site starting 2 weeks ago.

Transparency helps, but making promises before any semblance of a coordinated national response has even materialized is asking for it.  We still lack basic supplies.

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

WH Briefing at 11:45 a.m. - Texas time.

WaPo feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8oSXkuhous

JFC.  Can he pick a goddamn time for his pointless "briefing" of bullshit and lies.  Meanwhile, in NJ, the governor has pushed back his own briefing, in which actual information I need will be imparted, 3 times to accommodate the so called president's daily narcissism hour of bigotry and lies.  

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

JFC.  Can he pick a goddamn time for his pointless "briefing" of bullshit and lies.  Meanwhile, in NJ, the governor has pushed back his own briefing, in which actual information I need will be imparted, 3 times to accommodate the so called president's daily narcissism hour of bigotry and lies.  

Briefing now at 1:00 p.m EASTERN. - Press was not pleased. 

Edited by washparkhorn

38 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Striking real time evidence of flattening the curve --> KY vs. TN 

To be clear, the KY Governor is the opposite of a Trumper or Mitch acolyte.

"republicans tell you government doesn't work, and get elected to prove it" in a nutshell

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk