The Masters Tournament 2020

heso

It doesn't look like Euro weather when I've watched, but the 3 guys -4 or better today are Willett, Fleetwood and Rory
(freaking Danny Willett, after winning in 2016 - well actually it was gifted to him - he fell off the game and was ranked in the 300's by 2018. Another one of those guys we are gonna see for another 30 years at the Masters)

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Told yah that she might be difficult when she turned over... brutal 360 on  hole #3 for DJ

Yeah. Knew he couldn't keep it going like that forever, but he's looking good. And I learned from Michelle Wie that his strength and flexibility are really underrated. Not sure by whom, but she came over in the belly of a falcon so who am I to second guess her?

• Haha 1

Just now, pops said:

Yeah. Knew he couldn't keep it going like that forever, but he's looking good. And I learned from Michelle Wie that his strength and flexibility are really underrated. Not sure by whom, but she came over in the belly of a falcon so who am I to second guess her?

I also learned from Michelle Wie that some greens are slopey and that's why putts roll fast

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Looks like the lead will end up around -10 or -11 today. Tiger probably needs a 70 today to stay in this thing. 

Sounds about right....  This morning, heard Curtis Strange predict leader at -12 after Rd 2.

Wish it was within 10 strokes of lead for the cut instead of Top 50...

Edited by LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I hope he took a sleeve of balls back with him (with different numbers) so that he wouldn't have to wait for the caddie when he hit #2 and #3 OB

Looking back at the shot on the app it seems like an embedded ball that buried and they couldn't find it. But hey,  when your par is 67 you should be able to fight through it 😅😅

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This sunlight issue fucking sucks  not finishing rounds etc. Sunday is gonna be a cluster I feel like 

Weather is supposed to be perfect the next 2 days. You lose almost half the field after 9 holes tomorrow.  I think Sunday will be fine if just over a little early. 

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Lol really? Rory and Spieth would bury them. You're going to give those two 2 approach looks and putts on every Rory drive? Good night. 

(I mean I see that he posted it early this morning before Langer went 1 over and Rory carded a 66)

Edited by ztejas

20 minutes ago, pops said:

Weather is supposed to be perfect the next 2 days. You lose almost half the field after 9 holes tomorrow.  I think Sunday will be fine if just over a little early. 

Yeah. They should be able to finish the 3rd round tomorrow. The 2nd round should be completed by 9:00 EST tomorrow. If they play threesomes and tee of of 1 and 10, the leaders should be off by noon at the latest.  Sunset is at 5:30. 

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

11 is a good hole to start on for Tiger

You’d have to think 9 would be ideal. He should get 12 when it’s soft and the winds are down. You’d like to think he could get three in the morning and end his day at 7. If the lead is around 9 and Rahm doesn’t take it deep to 12 or something like that he’d be in decent shape then. 

Played entire 2nd Round without a Driver -- probably couldn't do that in the Spring.

Masters 2020: Who needs a driver at Augusta? Danny Willett cracks his, uses 3-wood off tee and shoots career low

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2020-danny-willett-cracks-driver-plays-with-3-wood-and-shoots-career-low-at-augusta-national

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This sunlight issue fucking sucks  not finishing rounds etc. Sunday is gonna be a cluster I feel like 

They’ll be caught up for Sunday. It’s not optimal but don’t forget they moved everything up on Sunday last year and that ended up being alright. 

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Played entire 2nd Round without a Driver -- probably couldn't do that in the Spring.

Masters 2020: Who needs a driver at Augusta? Danny Willett cracks his, uses 3-wood off tee and shoots career low

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2020-danny-willett-cracks-driver-plays-with-3-wood-and-shoots-career-low-at-augusta-national

If I had $5 for every round I've ditched driver after a few holes and hit straight 2 irons off the tee I'd have like, a hundred dollars. Maybe more.

https://golf.com/news/bryson-dechambeau-lost-golf-ball-what-happened/

Here’s what happened to Bryson's mysterious lost golf ball 

• "So what happened to the ball? It was there the entire time. A gallery guard found it just minutes after the official search had ended, no more than 10 feet off the fairway. The ball was plugged and only visible to someone right on top of it, but it was still shocking to essentially lose a Bridgestone in plain sight. The basic problem?    “We were looking in the wrong spot,” one spotter said. “If we’d have been in the right area, we’d have found it, no problem.”
  • The man who ultimately found the ball didn’t have the heart to tell DeChambeau when he returned to the green to finish out his triple. It’s hard to know what would have been more frustrating, anyway: Is it worse to not know? Or is the ultimate frustration knowing just how close the ball was the entire time? DeChambeau battled on, trying to hang inside the cut line, still unsure of the whereabouts of the ball.
  • One quote stuck out from the entire situation, a question DeChambeau asked of rules official Ken Tackett mid-search that summed up the disbelief behind it all:     “So you’re saying if we can’t find it — it’s a lost ball?”  😂😂😂 

Edited by LTtxfan

Phil Mickelson at the Masters: I’m driving it like a stallion

Phil Mickelson, on the 460-yard, par-4 9th hole at Augusta National Golf Club, drove his tee shot over the trees on the left side of the hole, and it settled a short 136 yards away. Mickelson, on the 440-yard, par-4 14th hole, drove his tee shot down the center of the fairway and he had just a wedge shot into the green. Same thing on 440-yard, par-4 17th. Drive down the middle, wedge in. 

He wasn’t just driving it well. 

“I’m driving like a stallion,” Mickelson said Friday after his second round at the Masters.

Starting on the 12th hole after his first round was suspended due to darkness on Thursday, Mickelson birdied the 13th. Then the 16th and 17th. A bogey on 18 gave him a three-under 69. Mickelson then birdied his first hole of his second round, the 10th, rattled off four more birdies and finished with a two-over 70 and a five-under total.

When he walked off his last hole, the three-time green jacket winner was four strokes off the lead and tied for 13th.    

Giddy-up.

“I’m striking the ball exceptional, and I’m putting horrific,” Mickelson said. “And if I get that fixed this weekend, I’m going to make a run.”

The exceptional. The stallion. Using a 47.5-inch driver, he averaged 302 yards off the tee in the first round, and 295 in the second, both numbers higher than the field average. In the first round, he hit 79 percent of his fairways, and in the second, 71. Both, again, higher than the field average. 

The horrific. He took 1.61 putts in the first and 1.72 in the second. Both worse than the field average. Mickelson also three-putted the 3rd hole from 18 feet during his second round. 

“I’m very frustrated and disappointed with the way I’ve putted,” Mickelson said. “I’ve left eight, nine, 10 shots on the green, and it’s pathetic, and I’m going to fix that and hopefully make a run. But you can’t make those mistakes, give those shots up in this field, in this competition.

“But we’ve got 36 more holes, and I’m playing well enough. I struck it well enough to keep me in it despite probably being last in the field in putting. But I’m going to get that fixed for tomorrow’s round.”

Mickelson will do it, too, in front of “the most charismatic, intelligent, dynamic person” he said he’s ever met. 

His wife, Amy. 

Without patrons this year, she’s walked the course more closely than she has in her husband’s previous appearances. On 10 on Friday, they walked arm in arm. 

“Her energy and support means more to me than anything, and to be able to see her and be able to see her out here and have her on holes that she’s never been able to see before, like 12 and 13, is an experience of a lifetime for both of us,” Mickelson said. “I’m so happy she’s here.”

https://golf.com/news/phil-mickelson-drives-most-phil-way/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. They should be able to finish the 3rd round tomorrow. The 2nd round should be completed by 9:00 EST tomorrow. If they play threesomes and tee of of 1 and 10, the leaders should be off by noon at the latest.  Sunset is at 5:30. 

Found this from Golf Channel

AUGUSTA, Ga. – The second round of the 84th Masters Tournament will resume at 7:30 a.m. ET on Saturday, with Round 3 scheduled to begin at 10:30 am ET. A cut will be made after the conclusion of Round 2, with the low-50 and ties qualifying.  ESPN will begin airing the resumption of the second round at 7:30 a.m., with “Live From the Masters”  (Golf Channel) beginning after the round is over.

(Agree that leaders hopefully off by Noon or 12:30pm ET at the latest)

Edited by LTtxfan