The Masters Tournament 2020

heso

16 minutes ago, pops said:

And this is hardly the first time there has been weather at augusta and the greens were soft. 

Yeah but there hasn't been weather since the tournament started. I've never seen Augusta play as soft and forgiving as it did on Thursday. Drives were plugging into the fairway. 

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but there hasn't been weather since the tournament started. I've never seen Augusta play as soft and forgiving as it did on Thursday. Drives were plugging into the fairway. 

They got over an inch of rain between Wednesday and Thursday morning. Shit just isn't going to dry out quick with that much water this time of year. 

But it poses other problems.   Lots of screwy flights from mud balls and trying to control spin coming into greens. 

Hopefully it continues to dry out and the edges of the greens get more penal tomorrow. 

I wish we could get a live feed of what DJ is thinking on each shot, or while he walks down the fairway.

"Man, I haven't had chik-fil-a in a minute. I wonder how late they're open? I bet they got a new shake flavor. Ima see if I can get extra cherries on my shake"

And here's DJ to save par on 17...

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I wish we could get a live feed of what DJ is thinking on each shot, or while he walks down the fairway.

"Man, I haven't had chik-fil-a in a minute. I wonder how late they're open? I bet they got a new shake flavor. Ima see if I can get extra cherries on my shake"

And here's DJ to save par on 17...

A couple of quotes from this week

He had to wake up just after 4 a.m. to start this long Friday. Is that a problem? He tilted his head and thought.

“I just get up when I have to get up,” he said.

McIlroy accurately described Johnson’s approach thus: “See ball, hit ball. See putt, hole putt. Go to the next.” 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He’s one of the best dudes out there. 

yeah he seems like a very good dude. Him calling Barkley fat ass  was funny as shit during the Brady/Manning thing.  It would be easier to watch him killing it if our guy could get his shit together.

13 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Yeah DJ is putting well, but he’s winning right now because his driver and iron play is world class.

Hope DJ has a meltdown tomorrow.  If he takes a triple somewhere on the front this thing could get really fun.  I doubt it happens with the way he’s playing, but that would make for the most entertaining afternoon.

4 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Yeah DJ is putting well, but he’s winning right now because his driver and iron play is world class.

Absolutely he is.   But his putting over the past year has turned him from a great, dangerous player into a world class assassin that’s at the top of the board every weekend.  

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Tiger sounds super pissed about the course conditions 😂

He's just pissed because he knows this tourney/course is the only shot he has to catch Jack, and even that's going to get much tougher in the future, and liquid nitrogen temp chance he does it in another major.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Just watched this, god damn this guy is probably the best pure athlete to ever play the sport.

I wanna say he cruises tomorrow but we all know that there's not good history with him on Sundays in majors. Honestly hope he pulls it off, he could reel off a few with the way he's been at it.

His ability to flight it and work it both ways with the driver while still killing it just puts him head and shoulders above the field. Especially at augusta. 

Yeah,  it's neat to watch bryson hit it 200 feet in the air and sail it, but that also cost him a triple yesterday. 

Edited by pops