2020-2021 NCAA (maybe???) basketball season thread

Pancho

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They’ve got talent and speed. I’m not thrilled about tOSU’s chances today. I’d like to think the Bucks will want it more coming off a 3-game losing streak. But a common thread in the Chris Holtmann era is that his teams exceed expectations. The problem is that thread only holds until they don’t. Eventually they meet expectations by losing to better teams. The Bucks beat the Illini back in January so who knows? But it seems like the two teams are trending in opposite directions. 

Man, even though the lead didn't change too many times, that sure felt like one of those games where the momentum shifted back and forth constantly. 

I really wasn't too confident there with about 5 minutes left, but man, I'll sure take it.

I want another shot at Michigan in the BTT and don't really want to see tOSU again if we can help it... 

I know the B1G is a loaded conference at the top...but brackets showing them having about half of the top 8 seeds seems a little much to me.  With a reduced non con it’s hard to see how good each conference really was, and it’s almost SEC football like where it’s a circle jerk of ‘they all are highly rank so whenever one beats the another they just swap places...so they’re elite because they were ranked elite and therefore they are elite’.  Big Dance is the great equalizer so guess we shall see. 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Villanova looks to be in a world of hurt with injuries. They might not be the favorites to win the Big East.

Still on the 3 line. OK State and KU licking their chops to overtake them 

I’m just glad, barring last minute ncaa fuckery, that I’ll finally be able to watch the Pokes dance again.  Still pissed about the last time when we played Michigan and they were just raining 3’s, or when we got stomped by a very under-seeded Oregon.  Watching both those teams make a run was infuriating.  

During my days on campus and shortly after moving to Austin, I was spoiled wherein making the second weekend was basically expected.  

On 3/6/2021 at 6:20 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Man, even though the lead didn't change too many times, that sure felt like one of those games where the momentum shifted back and forth constantly. 

I really wasn't too confident there with about 5 minutes left, but man, I'll sure take it.

I want another shot at Michigan in the BTT and don't really want to see tOSU again if we can help it... 

I want zero part of Illinois again. Especially if Brooks and VVagner are going to miss the (B1G) tourney. The last thing Michigan needs right now is to get run out of the Gym again, or have to play another physical game banging with Cockburn down low. Hopefully they can beat MSU again on Friday and then rest everyone on Saturday to get ready for the dance. Back to Back to Back games while already dealing with Injuries is not something that appeals to me. 

I checked into the Hotel of Overconfidence just before the Illi game, and since then Michigan has looked ROUGH. Need to get it turned around in a hurry, but with No brooks and no VV this team is not that good. 

Edited by Juicy

15 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Looks like he's Moritz younger brother.  He's more skilled than his older brother but a bit shorter.  

Franz is legit, I think he is going to be the best pro to come out of UofM in awhile. He is a solid defender, above average shooter and he can create his own shot at the rim. Some team at the end of the lottery is going to get a really nice player with him. 

Well at least Kevin Warren was impressed enough to award Michigan the regular season conference championship (and not a co-championship with Illinois) in advance and in spite of the fact that Michigan got to choose what games it participated in, and made no effort to make up the games it missed like every other program in the conference did. 

Screenshot_20210307-192510.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Ohio State loses 4 in a row and is still top-10?  The hard on for the B1G continues.  

Oh well the NET is fucked up too.  Love how they have Colgate as #8.  Here’s their schedule below.  Notice anything weird here?image.thumb.jpg.9b052f43f246d368bfeef7f76eb65594.jpg

Edited by Homercles

7 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Well at least Kevin Warren was impressed enough to award Michigan the regular season conference championship (and not a co-championship with Illinois) in advance and in spite of the fact that Michigan got to choose what games it participated in, and made no effort to make up the games it missed like every other program in the conference did. 

Screenshot_20210307-192510.png

Actually Michigan had no say in if the games were going to be rescheduled or not. Pretty sure UofM would have much rather played Pedo State, Northwestern and Indiana than Illinois if they got to pick who they played. 

There were a total of four games in the B1G that were never rescheduled.

Three of them were Michigan's because Juwan insisted that his guys needed a full week of practice before they could play again. 

Just more idiocy out of our moron commissioner who couldn't foresee such an outcome (that perhaps two different teams might have a legitimate claim to the regular season conference championship due to the irregularities of this season) any better at the start than he could with two weeks to go. Same guy who moved the goalposts every week with football and tOSU, etc. And kudos to Juwan for knowing that he could just go ahead and tell Warren to get fucked, I guess. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Fuck Kevin Warren in the goatass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, maninblack said:

I miss this era of college basketball

I didn’t have a ticket for the finals that day and in the hotel lobby I was asking around some of the Pitt administrators and staff if anyone had an extra ticket. One of the assistant coach’s wives tried to sell me their free tickets. Coach Evans, who I knew a bit, saw that and gave me his. So I was at center court for that game, about 10 rows up. In my stack of pictures, somewhere in the house, there is a picture of Ray Allen in the air hitting that shot.

That night was amazing. The Old Big East Tournament was an incredible scene. The best sporting events I have ever been able to attend. I attended 29 consecutive Big East Tournaments.

While I have been to the ACC Tournament since we switched conferences, and numerous NCAA tournaments nothing compares to the Big East in Madison Square Garden.

• Hook 'Em 5