2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

31 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes. When he was campaign director, he funneled virtually all spending through his personal political consulting firm and took a slice. He’s no longer the top guy, but the campaign is still paying his consulting firm

That's what I thought. Embezzling his own campaign so they don't have money to, you know, spend on re-election. 

37 minutes ago, The Dog said:

IMHO the Parscale part is why they are bleeding cash. Aren't a lot of their funds being funneled through one of his companies and he's basically been on a personal spending spree with the dough?

Kush and the family signed off on everything. There's a huge private LLC they've run hundreds of millions of campaign spending through. The Trump's are stealing way more than Parscale did.  He's just the well compensated dupe out front.

Edited by Bateshorn

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol at all this. First off, they're not broke. They just raised 200 million which would have been the all time record if Biden hadn't crushed it. Second, Michigan isn't a swing state it's lost, and they know that. Third, why overspend in PA or Florida when they're going to be able to steal those states for free? Blowing 20 million dollars when you can take it for free is something Suckers do /Trump.

Maybe Florida, but not Pennsylvania. Both the Governor and Secretary of State are Dems.

Went back and looked at the polls according to 538 and redid the 270toWin EC map according to where they stand now. Here's what it looks like if the election were held today.

Blj3A.png

Edit: Fixed Michigan

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Maybe Florida, but not Pennsylvania. Both the Governor and Secretary of State are Dems.

Went back and looked at the polls according to 538 and redid the 270toWin EC map according to where they stand now. Here's what it looks like if the election were held today.

Vo8w6.png

Ugh this doesn't make me feel better. I think Trump wins Florida straight up, and there's a good chance he swings PA as well. NC goes the wrong way and we're literally right at 270. Not to mention Wisconsin. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ugh this doesn't make me feel better. I think Trump wins Florida straight up, and there's a good chance he swings PA as well. NC goes the wrong way and we're literally right at 270. Not to mention Wisconsin. 

If it's any consolation, I messed up on Michigan and should've made it a shade darker blue. With that Biden has 254 EVs as "likely" or "in the bag" and only needs 16 more. There are multiple combinations of the lightest blue that would put him at 270+. It's also not impossible that he could pick up a pink one.

This was a good photo to see.

16 minutes ago, bolverk said:

What about their Supreme Courts?

Wisconsin SC just put a hold on sending out absentee ballots, until they can decide on whether the Green candidate should be added.  Decided right down partisan lines. 

CNN

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're also assuming that Trump wins all of Ohio, Iowa, Georgia, Texas. In addition to those other states he's currently losing in. And after all that, it's still even. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You're also assuming that Trump wins all of Ohio, Iowa, Georgia, Texas. In addition to those other states he's currently losing in. And after all that, it's still even. 

I mean, yeah. How much money would you wager, right now, that Biden wins ANY of those states? Sure, you can try to reverse parlay that shit where you take a bet where he takes 1 of 4, but individually, how much would you bet right now on ANY of those states you've listed?

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

We will know fairly early on election night.  If PA (and/or, gulp, FL) are called for Biden, then there’s essentially no path for victory for Trump.  Any other outcome will mean a drawn out ordeal, with the majority of results being disastrous.  It’s all about Pennsylvania.

Even if PA of FL go early one way (they wont) because then Trump will say wait for the mail ballots, etc. The idea of either of those states going blue extremely early on election day seem very, very remote to me. 

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

We will know fairly early on election night.  If PA (and/or, gulp, FL) are called for Biden, then there’s essentially no path for victory for Trump.  Any other outcome will mean a drawn out ordeal, with the majority of results being disastrous.  It’s all about Pennsylvania.

This is where I'm at. If PA is called for Biden, it's time to PARTAY! If not, it's time to PANIC! 

Either way, DRINK!

On 9/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, TXSG8R said:

So am I taking crazy pills or did Trump basically say he was going to gut SS and Medicare a week or two ago, and it’s not even on anyone’s radar at this point?  

Trump is failing to buy votes with is SS and Medicare tax breaks. He is forcing the military and federal workers to accept the temp tax break. Oh well, they will get hit with big penalties next year if they can't pay it back.

Except for small businesses with far right owners, I can't imagine many private businesses thinking this is a good idea to implement. The business might be on the hook for the missed payments if the employee quits. My guess is that private employees will only see a small percent be opted into the the trump tax deferral. My employer just announced they aren't doing it.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump is failing to buy votes with is SS and Medicare tax breaks. He is forcing the military and federal workers to accept the temp tax break. Oh well, they will get hit with big penalties next year if they can't pay it back.

Except for small businesses with far right owners, I can't imagine many private businesses thinking this is a good idea to implement. The business might be on the hook for the missed payments if the employee quits. My guess is that private employees will only see a small percent be opted into the the trump tax deferral. My employer just announced they aren't doing it.

Not that, he said if he wins next term he will make the payroll tax cut permanent, ergo it would gut SS and medicare.  I know he doesn't have the ability to make the tax cut permanent on his own, but the fact that hes running that platform and the olds aren't fleeing in droves is fucking maddening.  

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Even if PA of FL go early one way (they wont) because then Trump will say wait for the mail ballots, etc. The idea of either of those states going blue extremely early on election day seem very, very remote to me. 

Trump will contest his loss no matter what.  But if PA is called early for Biden, my opinion is that it won’t matter that Trump contests the results because a.) PA has blue state leadership and b.) Trump can’t realistically get to 270 without PA.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Wisconsin SC just put a hold on sending out absentee ballots, until they can decide on whether the Green candidate should be added.  Decided right down partisan lines. 

CNN

You’ve gotta remember 2 things about Wisconsin :

1) they hate trump so much that they literally picked Ted Cruz over Trump in the 2016 GOP primary. Everyone and their mom hates ted Cruz.

2) Wisconsin Republicans did what Wisconsin republicans do this year. They refused to move the primary date at all and make any Covid accommodations whatsoever. They wanted a low turn out election and could care less if sick people died trying to vote at the polls. 

it backfired as people stood in heavy rain and hail to vote in Milwaukee amongst other places. People were pissed and the dems took a Supreme Court seat somewhat comfortably.  I think people in both Michigan and Wisconsin know that Trump caught their state napping in 2016 and they’re determined to not let it happen again this time around.

13 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I live in the suburbs and I consider myself attuned to reality. 

I know that the likelihood of seeing a horde of black people coming to harass me at my house is zero to none. Most intelligent suburb voters should realize the same. Trump is just trying to fear monger because he has nothing to sell to the American people.

It's like you never look at Nextdoor.

12 hours ago, Red Five said:

It will be funny to watch him give a victory speech with about 200 EVs.

It'll be funny to see him give a victory speech while Texas is still "too close to call."

I still am far from panicked about the Red Mirage.  Vote-by-mail and early voting make exit polling a lot easier.  And more than anything, the talking heads on the networks and cable news want to be seen as prescient.  They'll know what the exit polls say, and they're going to spend the entire time talking about how the mail-in votes are going to come in heavily for Biden.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What is this from?

Time Magazine apparently.

Kelly Ferro (Intuitive Medium) https://www.facebook.com/kelly.a.ferro

Edit:

Marcella Frank (Truth Seeker) https://www.facebook.com/marcellaefrank

Tina Arthur https://www.facebook.com/tina.arthur9694

Edited by bolverk

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Even more concerning for Republicans, Democrats who didn't vote in 2016 are requesting 2020 ballots at higher rates than their GOP counterparts. The most striking example is Pennsylvania, where nearly 175,000 Democrats who sat out the last race have requested ballots, more than double the number of Republicans, according to an analysis of voter rolls by the Democratic firm TargetSmart.

blue enthusiasm in Pennsylvania seems to be pretty good.

also Florida and North Carolina are going to be very close. Probably decided by less than 1 point. It could literally go either way......... and trump HAS to win them both.

Edited by Voldemort86

30 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Even more concerning for Republicans, Democrats who didn't vote in 2016 are requesting 2020 ballots at higher rates than their GOP counterparts. The most striking example is Pennsylvania, where nearly 175,000 Democrats who sat out the last race have requested ballots, more than double the number of Republicans, according to an analysis of voter rolls by the Democratic firm TargetSmart.

blue enthusiasm in Pennsylvania seems to be pretty good.

also Florida and North Carolina are going to be very close. Probably decided by less than 1 point. It could literally go either way......... and trump HAS to win them both.

I just don’t feel good about anything Mail based. Period. Or states with Republican Secretary Of States and leadership. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Time Magazine apparently.

Kelly Ferro (Intuitive Medium) https://www.facebook.com/kelly.a.ferro

Edit:

Marcella Frank (Truth Seeker) https://www.facebook.com/marcellaefrank

Tina Arthur https://www.facebook.com/tina.arthur9694

Any negative feedback will be deleted!  Must. Maintain. Echo. Chamber. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Regarding PA: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/opinion/2020-election-trump-pennsylvania.html

tl;dr We better hope there's enough signs to go around and that woods dwellers don't come out to vote for Trump again. 

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

CNN

Honestly this should be the case. I assume it’s GOP not agreeing to send out the ballot and it’s for partisan reasons, but you shouldn’t send out a ballot until it’s officiaL with al the candidates.  That said- whats  the ducking hold up on deciding who should be on the ballot. We are what- 55 days out?  Make that decisions right now and print them up. I can’t conceive of why you’d not know whose on the ballot right now, at this late date. 

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

You’ve gotta remember 2 things about Wisconsin :

1) they hate trump so much that they literally picked Ted Cruz over Trump in the 2016 GOP primary. Everyone and their mom hates ted Cruz.

2) Wisconsin Republicans did what Wisconsin republicans do this year. They refused to move the primary date at all and make any Covid accommodations whatsoever. They wanted a low turn out election and could care less if sick people died trying to vote at the polls. 

it backfired as people stood in heavy rain and hail to vote in Milwaukee amongst other places. People were pissed and the dems took a Supreme Court seat somewhat comfortably.  I think people in both Michigan and Wisconsin know that Trump caught their state napping in 2016 and they’re determined to not let it happen again this time around.

File this under- of course- no duh and Hillary was a horrible candidate. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Regarding PA: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/opinion/2020-election-trump-pennsylvania.html

tl;dr We better hope there's enough signs to go around and that woods dwellers don't come out to vote for Trump again. 

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sigh. 

Man you guys really are some bitches. How about you guys stop "hoping" and "sighing" and actually get in the trenches. Here, I even did the work for y'all....below are phonebanking opportunities targeting PA. We're in crunch time, sign up or shut up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Man you guys really are some bitches. How about you guys stop "hoping" and "sighing" and actually get in the trenches. Here, I even did the work for y'all....below are phonebanking opportunities targeting PA. We're in crunch time, sign up or shut up.

I'm textbanking here in Texas for Biden, Hegar, and down ballot. I don't have time for Pennsylvania. Sorry. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

They are not leaving this country and their "small business". Where would they go? How would they live/make a living? What country would sync with their world view?

So you're saying it's the garage for Tina and her family?

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I feel like my career as a phone bank caller would be amazingly short. I don't have the patience to hear from dotard voters. 

That’s probably not who you’ll be calling. It’s already identified Democrat likely voters. Asking them if they have a plan to vote, do they need help with registration, stuff like that.  Voter ID should already be done at this point.   That was over the spring and summer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I got a call from one the other night (I think our zip code despite being City of Austin, probably leans a little to the right), I simply hit her with, "Before we get into the questions, I feel I should disclose that President Trump's handling of Covid-19 was a big factor of the death of my uncle earlier this year."  I'll give her credit, she didn't miss a fucking beat and went right back to her script.  

Because of voter registration data, they shouldn’t have you cold calling repeat republicans. Instead it would be a former GOP voter who voted dem in 2018.  Or Democrats who haven’t voted in a while. Etc. Or your wife has been voting democrat.  When I knock doors the number of dudes I get who say “Karen?  Why would you want to speak to Karen?  She’s a republican like me. Not interested”. 

Dude, I got bad news for you....

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I think more effective than cold calling would be to set up voter registration drives and arrange transportation to the polls on Election Day via buses 

Bussing voters to polling locations is actual illegal in some jurisdictions.  No shit.  I think I've seen restrictions to something like 4 voters per vehicle.

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Have any of y’all done this before?  How does it work?  Is it safe?

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

I do my part by writing fat checks. 

66.gif.ebd18f2bcbcfb759e7a3d024e30015e1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1