Texas basketball 2020-21: Not even Shaka can fuck this up...right?

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, Homercles said:

Jesus Christ Derka, shut the fuck up

I know I shouldn’t have gotten involved but damn all the boxes were checked the last two pages:

Overly aggressive opinions stated as fact

Inflated self importance “everyone knows I...” / “everyone remembers I”

Long diatribes 

Singles out a poster 

Cries about said poster’s history of xyz

Gets mad for being singled out as a poster

==========

Regarding the game, if Texas had beaten Kansas I think I’d be more optimistic about the Pokes winning...I’m sure they have got to be drained after an emotional, intense battle yesterday...as a day of rest/planning must be a precious commodity during a tournament.  Then again most of the times I’ve doubted these guys, they’ve proven me wrong.  

Maybe my view is clouded from the late 90’s when we did not have a bye after a mediocre year, played into the finals but just flat ran out of gas after four games in four days and got rolled by Kansas in the final.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I won't poke the bear, but I don't think my initial post was controversial or even inflammatory.  I don't agree that the 'horns are a "middle of the pack" team in the Big XII.
I should take the higher road than I sometimes do, but to me, language matters and when Texas fans intentionally misstate fact in order to bolster a viewpoint that doesn't need bolstering (Shaka sucks), it drives me nuts.
Anyway, I look forward to a rematch with Okie State.  Fuck Baylor.

It was basically a 100 post argument about semantics. I mean, OSU is basically a middle of the pack Big XII team and I’m happy about it. UT, OSU, and WV could be called middle of the pack and we’re all final fours threats.
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

and fwiw- and maybe i'm wrong here; you can tell me if so- but fwiw, one of the factors in play when I do decide to participate in the derailment of a thread like this, is the fact that so many come here to express how upset they are with me, yet none do the same towards jimmyjazz. it's a pattern that played out often when this happens, and for me it's a double standard.

when someone says to me "jesus christ derka shut the fuck up", for no real reason/without making a single earnest counterpoint to what i've said, and i then react poorly, then to me there is blame to go around. instead, jimmyjazz gets beacoup pos rep for being insulting and combative, and i get admonished by five different people for not taking it well. again, for me this is a clear double standard.

also- i'm not saying that  this is right, but in light of this dynamic, my mentality in these situations often becomes, "fuck everyone, i'm digging in; if everyone is all pissy and mad at me yet no one is going to acknowledge that i didn't just up and derail this thread by myself, then i'm going to just keep coming back and fighting with jj until he quits."

again, it's immature, and self defeating, and just plain stupid, which i obviously see now, but it's where my head goes when i feel like im being singled out for what was, to me, clearly a two person fuck-up. if anyone here feels that i'm totally to blame and that jj is blameless then my mind is open to hearing you explain why that is. and if anyone here thinks that jj played an equal role in this thread derailment, then i will wonder aloud why none of you ever speak up when the shit is going down. imo, giving blame where blame is due may help to dissuade people from coming at *me* of all people with some "fuck you/stfu" type business and then acting surprised and blameless when i don't respond well to that. 

Thank heavens you went back and edited this post. It became so much more coherent and rewarding for us. 

• Haha 1

Cut Derka some slack.  He's projecting.

Rick Barnes just blew a 15 point 2nd half lead and lost to Bama.  Not only that, but the final 15.6 seconds was a bigger cluster-fuck of coaching than anything Shaka has done lately.

TN down 3.  15.6 secs.

- Inbound, waste 4 seconds.  Get past half court.  Call a timeout.

- Come out of timeout and the wrong guy is set to inbound.  Can't call another TO because they already used their last TO.

- Guy in paint rushes over to switch to throw the ball in.

- Ball court player receives the pass and has no idea what to do.  He starts to take a 3 but is guarded.  Nobody around to ball screen.  He dribbles to the lane but now realizes they're down to about 7 seconds and a 2 isn't going to do any good.  Outlet pass to another player.  Said player jacks up a fade-away three with a guy in his face, which ends up being an air ball.  Game over.

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Cut Derka some slack.  He's projecting.

Rick Barnes just blew a 15 point 2nd half lead and lost to Bama.  Not only that, but the final 15.6 seconds was a bigger cluster-fuck of coaching than anything Shaka has done lately.

TN down 3.  15.6 secs.

- Inbound, waste 4 seconds.  Get past half court.  Call a timeout.

- Come out of timeout and the wrong guy is set to inbound.  Can't call another TO because they already used their last TO.

- Guy in paint rushes over to switch to throw the ball in.

- Ball court player receives the pass and has no idea what to do.  He starts to take a 3 but is guarded.  Nobody around to ball screen.  He dribbles to the lane but now realizes they're down to about 7 seconds and a 2 isn't going to do any good.  Outlet pass to another player.  Said player jacks up a fade-away three with a guy in his face, which ends up being an air ball.  Game over.

Did Rick’s lizard tongue make an appearance?

🦎 👅

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

and fwiw- and maybe i'm wrong here; you can tell me if so- but fwiw, one of the factors in play when I do decide to participate in the derailment of a thread like this, is the fact that so many come here to express how upset they are with me, yet none do the same towards jimmyjazz. it's a pattern that played out often when this happens, and for me it's a double standard.

when someone says to me "jesus christ derka shut the fuck up", for no real reason/without making a single earnest counterpoint to what i've said, and i then react poorly, then to me there is blame to go around. instead, jimmyjazz gets beacoup pos rep for being insulting and combative, and i get admonished by five different people for not taking it well. again, for me this is a clear double standard.

also- i'm not saying that  this is right, but in light of this dynamic, my mentality in these situations often becomes, "fuck everyone, i'm digging in; if everyone is all pissy and mad at me yet no one is going to acknowledge that i didn't just up and derail this thread by myself, then i'm going to just keep coming back and fighting with jj until he quits."

again, it's immature, and self defeating, and just plain stupid, which i obviously see now, but it's where my head goes when i feel like im being singled out for what was, to me, clearly a two person fuck-up. if anyone here feels that i'm totally to blame and that jj is blameless then my mind is open to hearing you explain why that is. and if anyone here thinks that jj played an equal role in this thread derailment, then i will wonder aloud why none of you ever speak up when the shit is going down. imo, giving blame where blame is due may help to dissuade people from coming at *me* of all people with some "fuck you/stfu" type business and then acting surprised and blameless when i don't respond well to that. 

Dude, at some point the last 3-4 years I seem to remember a post from you that you had never posted from a PC, laptop, etc - that 100% of your content was you hammering away on your phone. Is that still the case? If so, you deserve an award; the bigger question is, who is the award named after?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Wtf is going on in this thread? I came here to engage in a bit of pre-championship game smack talk and I wade into a full Derka meltdown? Fuuuuuuck dude. You need to chill.

You going down, sucka!!!

Those last few pages took me back to the good ole Shaggy days.

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Dude, at some point the last 3-4 years I seem to remember a post from you that you had never posted from a PC, laptop, etc - that 100% of your content was you hammering away on your phone. Is that still the case? If so, you deserve an award; the bigger question is, who is the award named after?

The Annual NowThis Award presented by Lobo...aka the ANAL

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This team had a low point when they lost 3 straight but we won the Big 12 title that matters! 

Disagree, the regular season title is what matters to me but it's indeed borderline depressing that it took us this long to win a tournament with all the players who've come through.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Here’s my question, Why have the mods not banned whoever it was who took the derka handle and given it back to him? Or does he not really want it? 

Tis a mystery. 

OTOH he could post under a new handle every thread and still be so easily identified it wouldn't matter. 

Rare credit to Shaka for today's gameplan.

I think about 45 percent of Texas's shots this year have been from BTA, yet today, less than 32 percent (18 of 57) were from downtown. The guards really seemed to make a concerted effort to work the ball into Sims, and it paid dividends.

Still too many turnovers (16) from such an experienced roster, but overall, the 'Horns demonstrated more discipline and composure than I've seen from them all season.

Also, don't be too quick to bag on AJ1 or Ramey for their poor shooting (2 of 17 collectively). Drew has carried the load at times this year and my guess is he'll do so again before all is said and done.

I think about 45 percent of Texas's shots this year have been from BTA, yet today, less than 32 percent (18 of 57) were from downtown. The guards really seemed to make a concerted effort to work the ball into Sims, and it paid dividends.
Still too many turnovers (16) from such an experienced roster, but overall, the 'Horns demonstrated more discipline and composure than I've seen from them all season.
Also, don't be too quick to bag on AJ1 or Ramey for their poor shooting (2 of 17 collectively). Drew has carried the load at times this year and my guess is he'll do so again before all is said and done.

Yep. Finally fed the bigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I simply don’t understand how you can seed an OSU team higher than us after we beat them 2-1 on the season and most recently with their team at full strength. The teams are pretty much equal on paper with us having bested them overall, OSU not playing near the nonconference schedule we did, and losing to TCU twice. To me it’s a no brainer. If you want to seed them both 3 seeds then fine, but you can’t seed them ahead of us. 

Fully agree

So games that can still impact seeds above/around us...FSU who should take care of GA TEch tonight. 

Then tomorrow-Alabama, Houston, and Illinois/Ohio State.  Geography not being a factor this year is kinda interesting (though I'm sure Duke will somehow get a bid and get seeded in Charlotte or Raleigh versus a higher seed).  But it should be a genuine S-curve, with only a couple of conference exceptions.  But the Big XII is going to be that glaring exception.  With this truncated season, we have to be the only conference sending 70% of its teams to the bracket.  Avoiding too-early matchups is gonna be a shitshow considering how top heavy we are.  

With the Big 10 title game not ending until 4:45p tomorrow, gonna be a shitshow of sudoku to keep the pairings proper with regard to the Top 3-4 conferences.  I think it's gonna end up fucking us somehow.  "Well, UT seemed worthy of the last 2 or first 3 seed...but out of respect for WVU not meeting them in the second round...we had to bump the 'Horns down a bit."  

Here's to a Friday opening round tip-off during business hours so we can cheat on Lent.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Duke isn’t going to Charlotte or Raleigh. The whole tournament is in Indy. 

Maybe go back and read the whole sentence, remember what a sarcastic asshole I am, and put your thinking cap on ;)

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No one has time to reread your posts. Was there even a movie or Seinfeld reference? 

"Geography not being a factor"  Yes, the Seinfeld reference is you're unable to pick up on language and things called 'words.'  

It's okay, you're young...you'll bounce back.  Just enjoy the victory tonight.  You and I can get back to the battle of who makes Bank Assistant VP first, tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"Geography not being a factor"  Yes, the Seinfeld reference is you're unable to pick up on language and things called 'words.'  

It's okay, you're young...you'll bounce back.  Just enjoy the victory tonight.  You and I can get back to the battle of who makes Bank Assistant VP first, tomorrow.

image.gif.94ef54cd68831caa7f74ad950c950cce.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

According to Kenpom the numnber is 41.9%

• Hook 'Em 1