justhookit

COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only (no politics)

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yeah, we talked about it on another thread, not sure which, they all blend together.
Prior to the adjustment, they were not counting patients who came into hospitals without an existing positive Covid test, then popped for it upon admittance. Which is, in true COA fashion, hilariously absent minded.

Yeah, that was like this week though, not back in June. You're probably right, just never saw that on the chart before and it jumped out. 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

That curve is looking good though.

It is definitely the first positive trend we've seen in many weeks.  It seems to line up pretty well to the "oh shit" moment the city had about two weeks ago when folks realized things were getting out of hand, and also maybe with the increased mask orders in Austin and surrounding cities, was that 2 weeks ago as well?

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It is definitely the first positive trend we've seen in many weeks.  It seems to line up pretty well to the "oh shit" moment the city had about two weeks ago when folks realized things were getting out of hand, and also maybe with the increased mask orders in Austin and surrounding cities, was that 2 weeks ago as well?

Mask orders came a little later but bars were re shutdown on the 26th which was exactly 2 weeks from yesterday 

Edited by LebongJames

Just now, LebongJames said:

Mask orders came a little later but bars were re shutdown on the 26th which was exactly 2 weeks from yesterday 

Thanks, I knew I might be confusing the two. 

Reopening continuing to go as expected. This was a typhoon Texas in Katy last night

https://v.redd.it/i7n5nd2rb5a51

Reopening to save the economy is totally going to work out great, guys! Our fellow citizens have thoroughly demonstrated their ability and willingness to follow the rules and guidelines to ensure there's not a second (or taller peak to this one) wave. Handshakes all around

Houston 7-day average is down 30% from 2 weeks ago.  Seems like around now should be the peak for hospitalizations?

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Reopening continuing to go as expected. This was a typhoon Texas in Katy last night

Reopening to save the economy is totally going to work out great, guys! Our fellow citizens have thoroughly demonstrated their ability and willingness to follow the rules and guidelines to ensure there's not a second (or taller peak to this one) wave. Handshakes all around

Holy

shit

not looking forward to the hospitals jam packed for the next 6-8 months because of dumb shit like this. It isnt like there is the largest geographically spread pandemic in human history going on right now or anything

I love the bass turning up as the guy says “STOP COMING HERE”

That said outdoor transmission rate is extremely low, and chlorine, pee and other STDs should take care of covid

22 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- it clearly wasn’t meant to be shave. And I had a post above with literally shut down written 8 times correctly. If reading through the thread that context should have been obvious as a typo, but good manners would have called for- hey did you mean to type shit down there or is that a typo?  
for future reference when you see me typing about something ducking sucking I mean fucking btw. 

Sorry if my post came across snarky. It wasn't meant that way. I was just trying to say that when I read it I initially thought it was intentional as well. It didn't fit you as a poster, but someone could have honestly thought it was intentional. 

57 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I don’t care COVID or not. That place looks depressing and about the last place on earth I would ever want to be.

42 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Holy

shit

not looking forward to the hospitals jam packed for the next 6-8 months because of dumb shit like this. It isnt like there is the largest geographically spread pandemic in human history going on right now or anything

It’s barely even the largest geographically spread pandemic this century.   Jesus dude