Jump to content
Ted Lange

Austin Protest Shooting/Murder

Recommended Posts

Broke: "There are plenty of good cops!"
Woke: "ACAB - All Cops Are Bastards!"
Bespoke: "Troops are also bastards."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't give trash websites like The Gateway Pundit any clicks.

Here's a video of the protest shooting.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shooter is going to claim self defense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Jesus Christ the comments on that thread are like a completely alternate universe. 

More than likely bots/socks fanning the flames with a few Trumpkins mixed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

APD reporting victim was carrying a rifle.

 

 

Edited by F250

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it on another thread: we’re teetering on the precipice of a civil war.

And anyone think this wasn’t a conservative gun nut / incel / Alex Jones type? These protests have those fuckers riled up like you wouldn’t believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, F250 said:

APD reporting victim was carrying a rifle.

 

 

How is that relevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

How is that relevant?

Shooter will claim self defense. Open carry for me but not for thee.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per twitter, victim earlier in the day.  I don’t know the facts but I’d imagine any decent lawyer is going to tell the shooter to claim self defense. 

B09944B2-B6A8-4094-B2C1-576A3208EAE3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How many gunshots? How many weapons fired - by whom? APD said one DOA and no one else wounded. The vide

1 hour ago, deac_tracy said:

Please don't give trash websites like The Gateway Pundit any clicks.

Here's a video of the protest shooting.

 

 

That sounded like three different weapons. Nine shots? 5-3-1?

One DOA and no other injuries (per APD). Was anyone hurt when they were hit by the vehicle?

I don't think the APD saw this video before the brief presser. If the driver was the last shot, what were all the other shots heard? Firecrackers? 

Edited by washparkhorn
Nine not eight. I heard 8 the first time, then I heard the last one,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, F250 said:

APD reporting victim was carrying a rifle.

if he his wife or another person were armed none of this would have happened. 

we are about to have an epidemic of self defensing i feel.

Edited by staboner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I said it on another thread: we’re teetering on the precipice of a civil war.

And anyone think this wasn’t a conservative gun nut / incel / Alex Jones type? These protests have those fuckers riled up like you wouldn’t believe.

probably could have been that guy, or another weirdo with a gun.

just like the shit with Greg Floyd. Shit is a tinderbox - agreed there. Wait till there is a good video of the cultural conflict and someone getting murdered. thats when she will blow. we are too stupid to not let that happen sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 shoots fired. 5 shots fired and then pause 4 seconds, then another 3 shots. 

smells like self defense to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, staboner said:

if he his wife or another person were armed none of this would have happened. 

You could go that route... or you could blame APD officer Robert Garrett for being a lazy piece of shit for not intervening since those people are the only ones who should have guns, amirite? 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218666364783643&id=1033896561

Fuck the police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

You could go that route... or you could blame APD officer Robert Garrett for being a lazy piece of shit for not intervening since those people are the only ones who should have guns, amirite? 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218666364783643&id=1033896561

Fuck the police

Kind of rude there at the end don’t ya think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a shooting too at the Louisville protests. Looks like it was accidental discharge though. Fortunately it didn’t lead to anything else and the three wounded are all okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, deac_tracy said:

Please don't give trash websites like The Gateway Pundit any clicks.

Here's a video of the protest shooting.

 

 

I hope Hiram Gilberto denies CBS Austin and any other Sinclair station permission to air the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I hope Hiram Gilberto denies CBS Austin and any other Sinclair station permission to air the video.

So far I've only seen the video on KVUE in Austin this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, F250 said:

Shooter will claim self defense. Open carry for me but not for thee.

 

 

It would also seem witness testimony that the suspect driving his car into a group of protesters was the initial action in a chain of events might be problematic in court. Then, if the suspect wants to go with I-feared-for-my-life-after-I-drove-into-the-protesters, there's the question of (if my understanding is correct) why he rolled down his window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It would also seem witness testimony that the suspect driving his car into a group of protesters was the initial action in a chain of events might be problematic in court. Then, if the suspect wants to go with I-feared-for-my-life-after-I-drove-into-the-protesters, there's the question of (if my understanding is correct) why he rolled down his window.

Only cops can escalate a situation then shoot their way out. The case may hinge on the status of the shooters 100club membership

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Kind of rude there at the end don’t ya think?

Talk about my moobs again and see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I said it on another thread: we’re teetering on the precipice of a civil war.

And anyone think this wasn’t a conservative gun nut / incel / Alex Jones type? These protests have those fuckers riled up like you wouldn’t believe.

hell just look at some of the posters in DT. get out of the street before i shoot you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xian said:

Per twitter, victim earlier in the day.  I don’t know the facts but I’d imagine any decent lawyer is going to tell the shooter to claim self defense. 

B09944B2-B6A8-4094-B2C1-576A3208EAE3.jpeg

That would open the floodgates to allowing someone to sit upon a rooftop with a rifle and start picking off the gestapo/rightwing open carry haircut whiners a few hundred yards away.   He needed to protect those people from those unidentified thugs attacking a group of women with chemical weapons and batons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shooter and victim were both in the wrong. Idk if that kinda take is allowed these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope you could be right but the facts in this case so far are thin enough it’s hard to say which one was right and which one was wrong. At least I haven’t seen enough yet to know one way or the other. Looking at the local news sites has not been illuminating over last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, staboner said:

if he his wife or another person were armed none of this would have happened. 

 

His wife is a quadriplegic.   Not sure if that'sthejoke.gif or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nope said:

Shooter and victim were both in the wrong. Idk if that kinda take is allowed these days.

Hard to say since we don’t really know what happened yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open carry is nuts. Openly carrying an assault rifle is pathological. Bringing it to a demonstration is an invitation to disaster.

All of these guys seem to live in some dream world where they're Clint Eastwood staring down some illusory bad guy.

How odd that the misapplication of the Second Amendment could be the undoing of the whole goddamn Constitution. There will be blood. FOX and the president are surely doing their parts as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Open carry is nuts. Openly carrying an assault rifle is pathological. Bringing it to a demonstration is an invitation to disaster.

All of these guys seem to live in some dream world where they're Clint Eastwood staring down some illusory bad guy.

How odd that the misapplication of the Second Amendment could be the undoing of the whole goddamn Constitution. There will be blood. FOX and the president are surely doing their parts as well.

Yeah its insane that you can open carry a loaded gun around in public in 2020. Hell, according to Tombstone, even Wyatt wouldn't let them open carry in the wild fuckin west. Fuck your guns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to a witness, the incident began when the driver on Fourth Street honked, turned right and sped down Congress, driving through the crowd. He appeared to hit an orange barrier in the road and came to a stop, said Michael Capochiano, who attended the protest.

“There were people around the car, yelling, and people sounding like they were frightened,” Capochiano said.

A protester with a rifle approached the car, and the driver pointed his gun outside the window, Capochiano said. The driver fired several shots, then sped away, he said.

The man with the rifle “dropped to the ground when he got shot,” Capochiano said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

hell just look at some of the posters in DT. get out of the street before i shoot you!

I mean.... did they EVEN have a permit?!! Lulz. We're so fucked as a society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s still early, but I have a feeling that this entire incident can be laid directly at the feet of the open carry Republican idiots in the lege. 
 

So fucking stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driver will likely claim self defense as a result of the open carry guy carrying an assault rifle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Driver will likely claim self defense as a result of the open carry guy carrying an assault rifle. 

Undoubtedly - but the open carry folks probably need to start getting nervous if the standard is that you can provoke shit and gun someone down as soon as anyone with a gun starts to react.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Nope you could be right but the facts in this case so far are thin enough it’s hard to say which one was right and which one was wrong. At least I haven’t seen enough yet to know one way or the other. Looking at the local news sites has not been illuminating over last night. 

I just meant from the standpoint of carrying an AK47 on a public street, regardless of legality. I would have said the same thing if any of those loons had gotten killed at the MN state capitol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the rifle carrying dead guy was known to be out there night after night, it will be interesting to see if he and the other shooter had any previous run ins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Undoubtedly - but the open carry folks probably need to start getting nervous if the standard is that you can provoke shit and gun someone down as soon as anyone with a gun starts to react.  

I always had mixed emotions about concealed carry, but ultimately concluded if properly regulated was ok. 
 

Open carry is just flat out nuts and needs to be abolished immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Said it before we need to adopt a Switzerland like model. But instead of ammo being locked up, make it like $100 a round. You can have all the pew pew toys you want. You just can't have a stockpile of ammo. 

Legalize weed and make ammo nearly impossible to get and we'll see a huge change in this country. 

I don't care what your take is. The second you pull the trigger and kill someone, you're a murderer. The law might not say so, but you are. I get defending your home or even yourself in public. Anything beyond that is pretty cut and dried to me. The guy ran his car into a barricade, like a coward. He was the instigator. Full stop

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck that’s sad. And fuck the shooter. He was in a fucking car. Keep the windows up and the doors locked if you’re so scared and slowly make your way through the crowd. It isn’t that hard. 
 

He purposely drove into the crowd and instigated the whole thing. There are a ton of people marching. a sober, sane person figures out a different route. 
 

He needs to be charged. And yes, repeal open carry. Christ we really are the Florida of the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If only there had been a Good Guy With a Gun at the scene, this tragedy could have been averted.

Edited by BrickHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

So how long before trump sends his goons here?

I think the last thing republicans want to do is bring that attention to red states, especially when Texas is on the precipice of turning purple/light blue. Not good politics. 
 

so I expect them any day now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

 

...so, the suspect either hit a quadruple amputee in a wheelchair or was thrown from the wheelchair evading this guy driving through a crowd and hitting a barricade in the process? Am I reading this right or is there a reasonable third (or more) scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...