Amy Coney Barrett

Anastasis

40 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Cool story.

If the donkeys get the Congress and WH, no whining about anything that follows Ttom. Anything at all.

Because there will be no lube, and no fucks given for the next four years. Just bend over and morder la almohada when your Blue Overlords require it.

Why Johnny Ringo - that sounds like a threat.....

Don't worry...those threats are baked in.  Y'all are squarely under control, now   Trump relied upon some foundational investigative bodies not having been rotted all of the way to the top, but that will be exorcised judiciously (snicker) immediately upon victory.     

Bill Barr is the adult in the room...he hasn't swallowed his whistle....he's waiting for the hell is he bringing not to be catlogued in history as politically motivated ahead of an General Election....Y'all think that the R's are going to be miserable post election.....Trump is ahead in Rasmmussen and other polls now,  Ohio is now done, folks are wanting to know if they can change their mail in ballots, PA is next (nice timing with the riots last night to cement that deal).

Ununhinged Bill Barr, a fired Christopher Wray and a Trump who doesn't need to run for office any longer.....careful about the fights you are picking....MANY have been spoiling for just that fight.  FOR A WHILE

here...just for giggles....spacer.png

Edited by TtomTerrific
couldn't see the Chinese propoganda
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's some funny shit right there, you on the way to the top, you the next Lenny Bruce....

Way to stay current. Think you can manage to work Suzanne Pleshette or Wayland Flowers in somewhere?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't worry...those threats are baked in.  Y'all are squarely under control, now   Trump relied upon some foundational investigative bodies not having been rotted all of the way to the top, but that will be exercised judiciously (snicker) immediately upon victory.     

Bill Barr is the adult in the room...he hasn't swallowed his whistle....he's waiting for the hell is he bringing not to be catlogued in history as politically motivated ahead of an General Election....Y'all think that the R's are going to be miseralebe post election.....Trump is ahead in Rasmmussen and other polls now,  Ohio is now done, folks are wanting to know if they can change their mail in ballots, PA is next (nice timing with the riots last night to cement that deal).
Ununhinged Bill Barr, a fired Christopher Wray and a Trump who doesn't need to run for office any longer.....careful about the fights you are picking....MANY have been spoiling for just that fight.  FOR A WHILE
here...just for giggles....F36IZ0aHfJTfhAyOh7XdGMnyJmhJTaAGJ9LO90bBWdEAGo_AtsB7RnRh7ltLEbTUY6Z3=s124

Are we still on the wagon? Hoping so. But these posts imply otherwise.

Oh that's nice, let's pass a law, and not allow judicial review to see that it passes constitutional muster ?  Yep 3 branches of gov't, sooo outdated....

While I disagree with him, let’s not pretend that this three branches thing really exists.

Oh that's nice, let's pass a law, and not allow judicial review to see that it passes constitutional muster ?  Yep 3 branches of gov't, sooo outdated....

Congress has the power to restrict cases that do not involve original jurisdiction set out in the Constitution.

They can limit judicial review by restricting which cases Article III courts get to hear. 

Don't worry...those threats are baked in.  Y'all are squarely under control, now   Trump relied upon some foundational investigative bodies not having been rotted all of the way to the top, but that will be exorcised judiciously (snicker) immediately upon victory.     

Bill Barr is the adult in the room...he hasn't swallowed his whistle....he's waiting for the hell is he bringing not to be catlogued in history as politically motivated ahead of an General Election....Y'all think that the R's are going to be miserable post election.....Trump is ahead in Rasmmussen and other polls now,  Ohio is now done, folks are wanting to know if they can change their mail in ballots, PA is next (nice timing with the riots last night to cement that deal).
here...just for giggles....9UCvsZheaq.jpeg

Ttom wants a Dictator to follow so, so bad....

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I can see needing more folks to decide on who gets to sit on a court, but it seems like too many justices would end up having to be a group of compromisers to get anything done.  

The 5th Circuit is comprised of 17 active judges. 

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be a Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

Well, as I believe you pointed out when I was momentarily enthralled with curtailing certiorari, that would leave a lot of questions with 11 some-odd different answers (the regional circuits), and would deprive jurisdiction in cases where traditionally liberal "causes" have employed the Court as a super-consciousness over a cowardly or benighted legislature.

Also, many of the important constitutional cases involve a state as a party, and although the court rarely exercises original jurisdiction over them, instead letting the lower courts take first crack, it would seem that it could not be deprived of jurisdiction in those cases.  Also, I think a lot of cases that involved individual state actors, e.g. Roe v. Wade, could have easily been styled Roe v. Texas, thus evading any attempt to avoid Supreme Court jurisdiction.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, as I believe you pointed out when I was momentarily enthralled with curtailing certiorari, that would leave a lot of questions with 11 some-odd different answers (the regional circuits), and would deprive jurisdiction in cases where traditionally liberal "causes" have employed the Court as a super-consciousness over a cowardly or benighted legislature.

Also, many of the important constitutional cases involve a state as a party, and although the court rarely exercises original jurisdiction over them, instead letting the lower courts take first crack, it would seem that it could not be deprived of jurisdiction in those cases.  Also, I think a lot of cases that involved individual state actors, e.g. Roe v. Wade, could have easily been styled Roe v. Texas, thus evading any attempt to avoid Supreme Court jurisdiction.

Oh I agree, I think jurisdiction-stripping would be dumb and worse in many ways than simply expanding the Court. I was just pointing out to the idiot that the Constitution pretty explicitly allows for it (though I doubt the current SCOTUS would acknowledge that).

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh I agree, I think jurisdiction-stripping would be dumb and worse in many ways than simply expanding the Court. I was just pointing out to the idiot that the Constitution pretty explicitly allows for it (though I doubt the current SCOTUS would acknowledge that).

I may be wrong on the addition of a state as a party to 1983-type suits, but I think federal courts retain jurisdiction to enjoin states from violations of federal law, which must include the Constitution.

8 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I was gonna ask who the fuck is Lenny Bruce 

Lenny Bruce is not afraid...

You never caught that lyric in End of the World by REM?  he'd fit in great on Surly...

From wiki: 

Leonard Alfred Schneider (October 13, 1925 – August 3, 1966), better known by his stage name Lenny Bruce, was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, and satirist. He was renowned for his open, freestyle and critical form of comedy which contained satire, politics, religion, sex, and vulgarity.[2] His 1964 conviction in an obscenity trial was followed by a posthumous pardon, the first in the history of New York state, by Governor George Pataki in 2003.[3]

Bruce is renowned for paving the way for outspoken counterculture era comedians. His trial for obscenity is seen as a landmark for freedom of speech in the United States.[4][5][6] In 2017, Rolling Stone magazine ranked him third (behind disciples Richard Pryor and George Carlin) on its list of the 50 best stand-up comics of all time.[7]

The Prologue to ACB sitting on the Court: a consensus is forming in the community for change.

This is a long read but it contains a lot of timeless wisdom - if this becomes an issue. It discusses the why change and how to better the Court. 

9 is not a magic size of the Court. It hasn't changed since the Civil War, but there were proposals for the last 150+ years. Why now - because it is out of whack due to the political actions of partisans - the ones the Federalist Papers and responses spoke of. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/27/opinion/pack-supreme-court.html

There are always ways to read the NYT - if you want to - for free. They want you reading their stuff (and subscribing). 

There is pressure on the legal system to become more efficient. The Courts have to keep up. We are a big nation with complicated legal issues. Some Circuits have expertise - and they each deserve a Supreme Court Justice who understands the unique circumstances of each Circuit Community. The 10th, isn't the 5th, and isn't the 9th. It isn't the DC Circuit. I feel better knowing there is a Justice on the Supreme Court from 10th Circuit Court of Appeals (Gorsuch). He understands the 10th Circuit community in the 10th Circuit (and the neighboring Circuits). Each Circuit is unique and deserves a representative on the Court.  

And that will never happen. Perhaps the Clerks should be hired from the Circuits. Clerks should be practicing attorneys, not babies out of the Ivy cradle. 

So, Poland already has some very strict abortion laws. The court there recently ruled that abortion is only legal in cases of rape, incest, or mother's health is in danger. The recent ruling overturned abortion being allowed in the case of severe fetal malformation or damage.

Here are what some of the women in Poland have to say:

On 10/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, TtomTerrific said:

here...just for giggles....spacer.png

Get help man.  I am sure that the people who care about you would appreciate you addressing your substance abuse or the mental health crises you are currently experiencing.  Your posts are incoherent hobo gibberish.  

5 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Get help man.  I am sure that the people who care about you would appreciate you addressing your substance abuse or the mental health crises you are currently experiencing.  Your posts are incoherent hobo gibberish.  

Clearly no one that cares about him is able to help him.  

Edited by Dahobbs

Biden truck ran into a Trump caravan truck - media loses their shit , while ignoring flat out looting of most of the stores in Philly...are ENRAGED at this Trump Army retailation!

Who was the enlightened dipshit here who was asking what I would do if this "ever happened in Texas?!"

Here's your answer, asshole!  areful what you ask for when you stroke off to tribal warfare when you are the minority....pretty soon the majority will begin to act like it and you won't b e a fucking speed bump when this happens.

Enjoy every bit of that which you have created....you are experiencing a "market correction" and everyone will lose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

Biden truck ran into a Trump caravan truck - media loses their shit , while ignoring flat out looting of most of the stores in Philly...are ENRAGED at this Trump Army retailation!

Who was the enlightened dipshit here who was asking what I would do if this "ever happened in Texas?!"

Here's your answer, asshole!  areful what you ask for when you stroke off to tribal warfare when you are the minority....pretty soon the majority will begin to act like it and you won't b e a fucking speed bump when this happens.

Enjoy every bit of that which you have created....you are experiencing a "market correction" and everyone will lose.

Ah, so you were in that caravan harassing the Biden bus? I sure hope you posted lots of videos on social media.