This is the thread where you admit you put mayo on your hot dog

Jimbaround

My personal philosophy is, if you're eating a hot dog and it is not chili, cheese and onions... why are you doing so? Hot dogs are questionable anyway, but lacking the chili, cheese and onions, they are morally unsupportable. Hunger is a valid alternative. So are stale saltines. I mean... Jesus, mayo aside, we're talking about tubes of lips and anuses, right? What in the everloving fuck went wrong with humanity?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, HouTex said:

Same here. Been doing it all my life. I also like both cream and brown gravy so I do half cream and half brown gravy.

I also agree that mayo is great in potato salad and in chicken and tuna salad. But on a burger or hot dog or a sandwich that is not a BLT, no way.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, kmac30 said:

My dad is from Amarillo (Dumas). He passed down the PB and miracle whip. He also used to chew on tar, so there’s that.

Chewed on tar?  Road tar?  My ma and her twin sister claimed they did the same.  I thought they were joking.

Was you dad banging my ma and her twin sister?

Chewed on tar?  Road tar?  My ma and her twin sister claimed they did the same.  I thought they were joking.
Was you dad banging my ma and her twin sister?

Road tar. They would pull it up when it was hot out and chew on it like gum.

I imagine it was like old gum.

My dad is from Amarillo (Dumas). He passed down the PB and miracle whip. He also used to chew on tar, so there’s that.

Is your dad from Amarillo or Dumas? The proximity to Pantex, Oklahoma and Borger is important in determining how fucked up your family is.

9 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My personal philosophy is, if you're eating a hot dog and it is not chili, cheese and onions... why are you doing so? Hot dogs are questionable anyway, but lacking the chili, cheese and onions, they are morally unsupportable. Hunger is a valid alternative. So are stale saltines. I mean... Jesus, mayo aside, we're talking about tubes of lips and anuses, right? What in the everloving fuck went wrong with humanity?

grilled kraut and onions with brown mustard says hi

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

yeah no kidding.  what the actual fuck?!?

This was my initial response. I’m 40 and learned this about 10 years ago.

Is your dad from Amarillo or Dumas? The proximity to Pantex, Oklahoma and Borger is important in determining how fucked up your family is.

Long story. Let’s say he’s from Amarillo

On 4/21/2018 at 9:03 PM, El Diablo said:

A good slathering of mayo is pretty tasty on a sliced SPAM and white bread sandwich. So, once every 10 years or so?

This was lunch today. I used siracha mayo and fried the spam til crispy. 6 slices, stacked criss-cross with a slice of pasturized processed cheese mung between the layers. Tasty as hell.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 9:52 PM, Hank_Hill said:

I still feel like we’re getting tall tailed here

I feel that way about all this shit in this thread. PBJ and Mayo? Road tar? What the fuck man. If you are broke make some beans and rice like us mexicans do

PB and mayo is pretty good iirc. It's been awhile. PB and maple syrup is good.

We had a cousin who introduced us to toasted PBJ sandwiches. Put butter and sugar on the outside and toast in oven. Good shit.

Edited by retread

Mayo has lots of great uses but hotdogs isn’t one of them.

I used to make PB sandwiches all the time and cover them with pancake syrup.

I grew up in Amarillo and we only chewed regular gum.

Edited by RMac5

8 minutes ago, retread said:

PB and mayo is pretty good iirc. It's been awhile. PB and maple syrup is good.

We had a cousin who introduced us to toasted PBJ sandwiches. Put butter and sugar on the outside and toast in oven. Good shit.

I frequently cook up a pb sandwich grilled cheese style. Next level.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

This was lunch today. I used siracha mayo and fried the spam til crispy. 6 slices, stacked criss-cross with a slice of pasturized processed cheese mung between the layers. Tasty as hell.

Cold SPAM sammiches became a Thanksgiving tradition with my son and I for a while. Rather than get together with the family he and I would head to Bolivar Peninsula and fish the whole week. Thanksgiving Day we'd cruise over to the island and sit in the truck on the seawall listening to Arlo Guthries "Alice's Restaurant" and munch on the SPAM. The first time was just spontaneous whatever but we had such a good time, just me and the boy watching the waves, listening to the radio, smelling like dead shrimp... we got to where we did it every year for a good stretch there. 

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Puerto Rican secret?  You're kidding right? 

Better not tell the Belgians and French that the Puerto Ricans beat them to the punch on this one...

They use mayo, or fancier aoli. Mayoketchup is ubiquitous in PR. Better not tell anyone though. Don’t want you to feel wrong and embarrassed. Mayoketchup was coined in PR. Fact. 

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's pretty clear you've never been to Belgium or France, if you don't know they blend ketchup and mayo.

And of course inventing the fries, they did that too.

But yeah, I'm sure Puerto Rico invented it.

how does it feel to be wrong and embarrassed?

But I have been to both. And I’ve never seen it actually bottled on a shelf for sale, nor have I ever seen it offered in a restaurant pre-mixed as a sauce. I’m sure you have though. To be clear, I never said they invented shit. They just use mayoketchup for everything. 

Edited by Bert Orange

11 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

But I have been to both. And I’ve never seen it actually bottled on a shelf for sale, nor have I ever seen it offered in a restaurant pre-mixed as a sauce. I’m sure you have though. To be clear, I never said they invented shit. They just use mayoketchup for everything. 

Why would they need to pre-mix it?  Ketchup and Mayonnaise are readily available.  Who cares if it's in premixed bottle?  People in the USA are clearly blending them all the time, without pre-mixed bottles.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:04 AM, elfenix said:

there's no tomato in big mac sauce.  the color is from food color

Thank you for correcting me. Didn't know we were married. My usual lunch is a Reuben sandwich with Thousand Island dressing (ketchup and mayonnaise) and a martini. It's a good thing you work at McDonald's or I would have went to my grave thinking Big Mac sauce had ketchup. Or maybe it's the booze talking.

erafz7.png

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Why would they need to pre-mix it?  Ketchup and Mayonnaise are readily available.  Who cares if it's in premixed bottle?  People in the USA are clearly blending them all the time, without pre-mixed bottles.

People on Country [x] eat rat shit all the time. Your hyperbole is not only misguided, but you’ve now completely deviated from the point I was making. I’m sure you can find someone somewhere doing something. Doesn’t make it a national pastime. If your assertion that mayoketchup is ubiquitous in France and Belgium, as it is in PR, then you are wrong. 

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I frequently cook up a pb sandwich grilled cheese style. Next level.

This sounds lovely.

Also, someone needs to start the "We were so poor we had to eat tar" thread where people talk about weird shit we have to resort to when we're poor.  It could be a mix of the Derka Dog; Steel Shank; and Gross Shit you Ate thread (no Vic's gross food threat shit though please).