Senate confirmation of Biden's nominees

Mrs Whiggins

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Every time ya'll get mad at Manchin just keep in mind that when he retires or dies, he's going to be replaced by someone like Lauren Boebert.

Yeah, Manchin might literally be the only person capable of winning statewide office in WV while running as a Dem. It sucks but we're stuck with him.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah but the far left will primary him and a true progressive will finally activate all the dormant and dejected liberals in West Virginia and we will win!

West Virginia U.S. Senate results

Republicans 
held
 this seat
CANDIDATE
VOTES
PCT.

Shelley Moore Capito*
GOP

70.3%

Paula Jean Swearengin
DEM

27%

FearlessConcernedJuliabutterfly.webp

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Go ahead and give Sperling the job. And then, at some point, make sure Manchin doesn’t get something he wants. Make him pay. That’s just politics. 

It likely won't be Sperling.  Shalanda Young was nominated as deputy director and should likely be slotted in as the new nominee for Director.  She already has a GOP backer (Shelby), who came out this morning and explicitly endorsed her for the position and would bring bipartisan support. 

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It likely won't be Sperling.  Shalanda Young was nominated as deputy director and should likely be slotted in as the new nominee for Director.  She already has a GOP backer (Shelby), who came out this morning and explicitly endorsed her for the position and would bring bipartisan support. 

Whoever. Manchin shouldn’t get off scot-free. Fine. Go ahead and make a stand. Everything comes at a price. Make sure he pays it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Any idea why Shelby already came out in support for Young?

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I am sure it is some fucked up illogic.

If he was smart, Shelby would say Young already knows how to manage trillion dollar federal budgets with her role on the House Appropriations Committee and she is already in the number 2 spot at OMB.  I don't give him that credit, but his supports means Young can just switch to the wood paneled office at the top. 

Shalanda Young

Edited by washparkhorn

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/540325-shelby-endorses-shalanda-young-for-omb-director-should-biden-pull-tandens

“I believe she would be good in that role," Shelby said in a statement to The Hill on Wednesday. "She’s smart, she knows the process inside-out, and she’s an honest broker who has demonstrated the ability to work with both sides and get things done."

"She would have my support, and I suspect many of my Republican colleagues would support her, as well. But that’s up to the Biden administration," he added.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There is a macro-power component to it as well but that would require disaggregating data and resynthesizing. That is beyond the scope of this specific thread (a damn good thread and on-point). Shelby's patrons are not run of the mill trumpers.  (see Shelby's contributor list).

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do we have a better source for this than putin owns *****?

What, you don't trust "Putin Owns Pussy?"

Wiki:

Heather Manchin Bresch (née Manchin; born June 27, 1969[3]) is an American business executive. In 2012, she was named as the chief executive officer (CEO) of Netherlands-based pharmaceutical company Mylan, becoming the first woman to run a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company.[4] Bresch retired in 2020, upon the closing of Mylan’s combination with Upjohn. In 2015, she was listed as #22 in Fortune magazine's “Most Powerful Women” list.[5]

Bresch is the daughter of former West Virginia Governor and current U.S. Senator, Joe Manchin. Bresch has been a central figure in two controversies: a 2007 accusation of inflating her resume with an unearned MBA degree, and as the CEO of Mylan during the controversy over pricing of the company's EpiPen products.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m late to the party on Tanden. What the fuck are people bitching about? She made tweets referring to McConnell as Voldemort? That’s where we’re At in this world? That where Republicans are drawing the line in the sand?

A tad more complicated than that. Go back a couple of days in the timeline. 

I’m late to the party on Tanden. What the fuck are people bitching about? She made tweets referring to McConnell as Voldemort? That’s where we’re At in this world? That where Republicans are drawing the line in the sand?

Well, if we’re going to be decent, moral people at all, I think it’s just and right that we demand that she apologize to Voldemort.

57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

She seems like she would fit right in on surly. I really don’t want any of you fuckers running the OMB

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Fed Chair (Republican, Deficit Hawk) has no worries about inflation for at least three years with the crater in the economy. Trump+Covid may be a black swan event for the American economic system.

Gotta get public investment up and running. Here is how wallstreet will help:

Spoiler

Dear wallstreet (that's an alias by the way) and your spokespeople. 

• We fucked around in 2008 with the Great Recession. 
    • For the data minded ( . . . extinguished stimulus prematurely, and you know how that plays out all too well, I've no doubt about it.) 
  • It was dumb and irresponsible to reimpose austerity on humans so quickly in 2008-09. 
  • Economic malpractice.
  • Once again, wallstreet, you are peddling austerity for this ongoing economic crater.
    • That is dumb and irresponsible to put it plainly.
    • Why . . . So . . . Stupid . . . you coke-addled fucks (when it comes down to brass tacks).
    • Don't kill the golden goose with the greed.
    • Build - and be adored again.
  • Gigantic gaping wound. Wall Street solution should not be:  give them a tube of superglue.
    • We need the systems up and running.
    • time to look outward rather than devouring the carcass like a pack of hyenas. 
  • So wallstreet (not their real name), get that the magical dynamo whirring and go sell America (the dollar) as a shiny bright urban-inspired box of consumers on a hill.
    • Dazzle the market. 
    • And then make it a reality for the people.
  • Never trash your passive income with branding miscues.
    • Wealth flows upwards - always. 
    • Always water and fertilize the roots of your money tree (Cisco, Texas idiom).
  • With all due respect: too much spice make you a - lazy, greedy, and dull - when it comes to profitably ending suffering and pain.
  • There is a market out there.
    • Serve it well, and you have another utility to create further sources of wealth.
    • All you have to do is sell it to your friends, 
      • Like tupperware get togethers and lingerie parties. 
  • It would greatly benefit the economy to get shit up and running.
    • There has been serious economic damage - system failures.
    • Long and deep Recession equals Depression. Depression equals loss of reserve currency status.
      • Stalling first (we are here),
      • then directionless, and finally,
      • then rocketing downward and impossible for even the Fed to control. 
  • Inflate or Die.  
    • The Fed Chair is worried we might not be able to inflate.
    • Again, he is a Republican (old school, blue blood) and a Deficit Hawk
    • Remember econ 101 - Inflate or die as an economy.
  • The map:
    • Stimulus first.
    • Then grow the pie focused on distributive effects
    • Think of this as a utility stock - necessary maintenance items
      • for you plantation oriented crackerjack fuckers - I imagine you have ingenious words for slavery accounted, since after all - wasn't wall street where they sold slaves and brooks brothers sold slave-wear. 
  • plenty of juice in this new game for wallstreet - wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.

TLDR: We need to lay in a course for recovery focused on distributive growth. 

If my fingers inadvertently offended any of you , that was not in my brain. 

Pinky Promise - Misc - quickmeme

On 2/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Asithappens said:

Tanden brought this on herself.

Biden should not have nominated her. 

Next.

Again, it is just "mean tweets?"

Nothing about management or budget?  Was she torturing people (bad management) with burning $100 bills (bad budgeting)?

Neera Tanden's tweets shouldn't be the disqualifying factor. While they were perhaps politically foolish, given that anyone angling for a cabinet position in a future Democratic administration should know better than to publicly, habitually and aggressively attack the left flank of the party as ferociously as she attacked the Rs for years, they are just par for the course for American public discourse in the current era.

The whole "mean tweets" justification is just another byproduct of the Trump era where the US once again demonstrates its descent into being a fundamentally unserious country in so many important ways. The country is consumed with petty "tit for tat" discussions (i.e. "Trump was a worthless fucking shitbird on Twitter, so what's wrong with Tanden being one") and completely ignores the larger, actually significant issues that should be the motivating factors for confirming/denying a nominee. Intelligent policy analysis in the US has essentially devolved to "well, the other side hates him/her/this idea, so he/she/this idea must be good" when in fact Tanden has advocated time after time for positions that should make anyone claiming to be progressive absolutely cringe.

The reasoning for her rejection SHOULD have been her completely abhorrent policy positions and actions that should give anyone to the left of Clintonian Neo-con/lib corporatists concern. She has actively engaged in anti-Union practices with her own employees, she literally advocated - in writing - the seizure of Libyan oil revenue after our illegal act of aggression against that country in order to "fund WIC, head start and medicaid because we have a deficit and they have oil". She outed the identity of a sexual harassment victim in a fucking CAP staff meeting. She accepted millions of dollars from Gulf Arab States while leading CAP and deliberately toned down criticism of the atrocities of those states when pressed by the UAE (including modifying statements re the Khashoggi murder by SA). She essentially served to undercut Obama's position on the Iran deal by providing "progressive" PR cover to Piece-of-Shit-Extraordinnaire Benjamin Netanyahu (without any consultation with the Obama admin) when he came to the fucking floor of the US Congress and shit on Obama while the Republican caucus gave him rapturous applause. She instructed her own reporters at ThinkProgress to remove stories about large-CAP-donor Michael Bloomberg's illegal surveillance of Muslim neighborhoods through the NYPD when pressured by Bloomberg. She modified CAP studies/reports to placate large-donor Insurance companies. Oh, and she physically assaulted a staff member for crossing Hillary (Neera says she "pushed him" while he and witnesses say "punched").

The problem isn't her mean tweets to Republicans, who deserve each and every one of them given their status as fuckstains of the highest order. The problem is that she is a shitty nominee for a position for which there is no shortage of highly qualified talent. OMB requires the ability to at least feign decency with congressional colleagues (and show some level of thoughtfulness beyond running a fuckin' think tank which is mired in traditional cronyism), which is a skill Tanden has shown to be lacking.

But of course, the brain trust in the US media and those enthroned as the "leaders" of our increasingly incompetent gerontocracy spend all day drooling on themselves while babbling on alzheimerically about her fucking tweet history.

Fundamentally unserious people in a time where seriousness should be paramount.

Edit: Oh, and she has been a complete piece of shit re the violation of Palestinian Human Rights by Israel in the territories after being pressured by pro-Israeli lobbyists...but who cares, her tweets are fuckin' fire.

Edited by Shady Ray
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Republicans can rape and murder and do whatever the fuck they want and it’s okay. Democrats have to be just exactly perfect all the time or they’re no better than the Republicans. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

There’s been more lawyers than actual MDs in this role in its history 

Just to make sure I am following this stuff right, these are the same Senators that had no issues voting to approve all of the Trump nominees for their positions right?  I mean Rick Perry for Energy Secretary would be someone I would consider, you know, to not have the knowledge to handle that position.  DeVoss?  not sure she had the knowledge to handle that position yet they all voted for her, right?  Any others I am forgetting?

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just to make sure I am following this stuff right, these are the same Senators that had no issues voting to approve all of the Trump nominees for their positions right?  I mean Rick Perry for Energy Secretary would be someone I would consider, you know, to not have the knowledge to handle that position.  DeVoss?  not sure she had the knowledge to handle that position yet they all voted for her, right?  Any others I am forgetting?

Oh you're 100% following.  They are just hypocritical shitbags that don't actually give a fuck about anything except obstruction and destruction of democracy.  Cool.  Cool, cool, cool.

11 hours ago, Shady Ray said:

Neera Tanden's tweets shouldn't be the disqualifying factor. While they were perhaps politically foolish, given that anyone angling for a cabinet position in a future Democratic administration should know better than to publicly, habitually and aggressively attack the left flank of the party as ferociously as she attacked the Rs for years, they are just par for the course for American public discourse in the current era.

The whole "mean tweets" justification is just another byproduct of the Trump era where the US once again demonstrates its descent into being a fundamentally unserious country in so many important ways. The country is consumed with petty "tit for tat" discussions (i.e. "Trump was a worthless fucking shitbird on Twitter, so what's wrong with Tanden being one") and completely ignores the larger, actually significant issues that should be the motivating factors for confirming/denying a nominee. Intelligent policy analysis in the US has essentially devolved to "well, the other side hates him/her/this idea, so he/she/this idea must be good" when in fact Tanden has advocated time after time for positions that should make anyone claiming to be progressive absolutely cringe.

The reasoning for her rejection SHOULD have been her completely abhorrent policy positions and actions that should give anyone to the left of Clintonian Neo-con/lib corporatists concern. She has actively engaged in anti-Union practices with her own employees, she literally advocated - in writing - the seizure of Libyan oil revenue after our illegal act of aggression against that country in order to "fund WIC, head start and medicaid because we have a deficit and they have oil". She outed the identity of a sexual harassment victim in a fucking CAP staff meeting. She accepted millions of dollars from Gulf Arab States while leading CAP and deliberately toned down criticism of the atrocities of those states when pressed by the UAE (including modifying statements re the Khashoggi murder by SA). She essentially served to undercut Obama's position on the Iran deal by providing "progressive" PR cover to Piece-of-Shit-Extraordinnaire Benjamin Netanyahu (without any consultation with the Obama admin) when he came to the fucking floor of the US Congress and shit on Obama while the Republican caucus gave him rapturous applause. She instructed her own reporters at ThinkProgress to remove stories about large-CAP-donor Michael Bloomberg's illegal surveillance of Muslim neighborhoods through the NYPD when pressured by Bloomberg. She modified CAP studies/reports to placate large-donor Insurance companies. Oh, and she physically assaulted a staff member for crossing Hillary (Neera says she "pushed him" while he and witnesses say "punched").

The problem isn't her mean tweets to Republicans, who deserve each and every one of them given their status as fuckstains of the highest order. The problem is that she is a shitty nominee for a position for which there is no shortage of highly qualified talent. OMB requires the ability to at least feign decency with congressional colleagues (and show some level of thoughtfulness beyond running a fuckin' think tank which is mired in traditional cronyism), which is a skill Tanden has shown to be lacking.

But of course, the brain trust in the US media and those enthroned as the "leaders" of our increasingly incompetent gerontocracy spend all day drooling on themselves while babbling on alzheimerically about her fucking tweet history.

Edit: Oh, and she has been a complete piece of shit re the violation of Palestinian Human Rights by Israel in the territories after being pressured by pro-Israeli lobbyists...but who cares, her tweets are fuckin' fire.

Thanks for CONTENT.  I'd never heard of her until last week.  

Edited by Bullneck

13 hours ago, Shady Ray said:

This is a great response, thanks. 

41 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Content comes with a citation. Otherwise it’s just words written by a stranger on the internet. 

The citations on these topics are extensive.

spacer.png

In 2008, Neera Tanden, then a top aide on Hillary Clinton’s first presidential campaign, accompanied Mrs. Clinton to what was expected to be an easy interview at the Center for American Progress, the influential group founded by top Clinton aides. But Faiz Shakir, the chief editor of the think tank’s ThinkProgress website, asked Mrs. Clinton a question about the Iraq war, an issue dogging her candidacy because she had supported it.

Ms. Tanden responded by circling back to Mr. Shakir after the interview and, according to a person in the room, punching him in the chest.

“I didn’t slug him, I pushed him,” a still angry Ms. Tanden corrected in a recent interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/us/politics/tanden-sanders-.html

The Center For American Progress Staff Was Shocked After Neera Tanden Named The Anonymous Harassment Victim In An All-Staff Meeting

The meeting comes after BuzzFeed News reported on allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation against those who reported at the progressive organization. “People audibly gasped when she did that.”

Two days after BuzzFeed News unveiled allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation at one of the nation’s top liberal think tanks, the Center for American Progress's president, Neera Tanden, met with staff to restore confidence in the organization’s ability to handle the issue and ensure that employees feel safe.

But during the meeting Wednesday afternoon, Tanden named the anonymous victim at the center that story — a revelation that a CAP spokesperson said was unintentional — and what began as a tense meeting became what three staffers in the room described as a textbook example of the organization’s failures to appropriately handle sexual harassment cases.

"There is literally one thing you cannot do in this meeting and that is out the victim and Neera did it multiple times...It also destroys whatever small level of confidence in the system remained," one CAP employee who was in the room said in a text to BuzzFeed News. “As a manager I don't know how I can tell staff to trust the system when the head of the organization just outed the victim in front of the entire organization. It is impossible to trust her.”

“Neera lost the organization today,” another CAP employee who was in the meeting said. “There was so much angst in that room. She outed the victim, and the subtext of every question was a lack of confidence in her leadership and ability to create trust within the organization.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sarahmimms/center-for-american-progress-staff-shocked-after-neera

AMID INTERNAL INVESTIGATION OVER LEAKS TO MEDIA, THE CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS FIRES TWO STAFFERS

THE CENTER FOR American Progress fired two staffers suspected of being involved in leaking an email exchange that staffers thought reflected improper influence by the United Arab Emirates within the think tank, according to three sources with knowledge of the shake-up. Both staffers were investigated for leaking the contents of an internal email exchange to The Intercept, but neither of the former employees was The Intercept’s source.

At issue was an internal debate over how to frame CAP’s response to the murder of Washington Post contributing columnist Jamal Khashoggi, who was dismembered by Saudi Arabian officials inside the nation’s consulate in Istanbul on October 2.

The initial draft of the CAP’s statement condemned the killing and Saudi Arabia’s role in it, calling for specific consequences. Brian Katulis, a Gulf expert at CAP, objected to the specific consequences proposed in an email exchange with other national security staffers, according to sources who described the contents of the thread to The Intercept. At an impasse, the specifics were dropped, replaced merely with a call to “take additional steps to reassess” the U.S.-Saudi relationship, and the statement was released to the public on October 12.

The UAE, Saudi Arabia’s closest ally, is one of the top donors to the think tank. Katulis is close with the UAE’s ambassador in Washington, Yousef Al Otaiba, who is the go-between for Emirati money flowing into Washington. Otaiba also played a key role in elevating Mohammed bin Salman to his position as crown prince of Saudi Arabia, using his considerable influence within the American foreign policy establishment to make the case for bin Salman’s moderation and reform-minded approach to government.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/16/center-for-american-progress-cap-uae-leak/

Should the Center for American Progress host a speech by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu?

Eighteen organizations and 117 individuals — largely from academia and non-governmental organizations — don’t think so, and they have signed an open letter circulated by the group Jewish Voice for Peace and the Arab American Institute saying they are “dismayed that CAP will sponsor an address by Netanyahu” during the prime minister’s visit to Washington this week.

Here’s some of the backstory: One of Netanyahu’s main goals during his visit to Washington this week is to patch up relations damaged during his vehement campaign earlier this year to block the Iran nuclear deal. During that effort, Netanyahu reached out to Republican leaders to arrange an address to Congress without consulting the Obama administration. Many Democratic lawmakers who have been longtime supporters of Israel and who also supported the Iran deal were put in a tough spot. Many people criticized Netanyahu for turning the accord and Israel policy into a partisan political issue.

But the open letter protesting the appearance said that CAP was granting Netanyahu some legitimacy. Among those who signed it were MoveOn.org co-founder Noah T. Winer; Samer Khalaf, president of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee; journalist and activist Naomi Klein; former AFL-CIO political director Karen Ackerman; Zaid Jilani, a former ThinkProgress blogger; playwright and activist Eve Ensler; the Center for Constitutional Rights; the Muslim Public Affairs Council; and the Center for Media Justice.

“Having courted Republicans as his natural allies, he has, on three occasions, addressed joint sessions of Congress, using all of them to turn ‘peace negotiations’ into a blank check for ever more expansionist policies of Occupation,” the group’s open letter says. “Netanyahu knows that he has created a deep partisan divide in the US over Israeli policies and is attempting to repackage his increasingly far-right agenda as bi-partisan consensus.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/09/should-the-center-for-american-progress-host-a-speech-by-the-israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu/

How Bloomberg-Funded Center for American Progress Censored a Report on NYPD Surveillance of Muslims

As The New York Times reports, Bloomberg has also kept potential critics quiet by making major donations to progressive causes and advocacy groups around the country over the years. This may have played a part in obscuring Bloomberg’s checkered record as mayor of New York. In 2015, researchers at the liberal Center for American Progress published a major report on anti-Muslim bias in the United States, and though the draft included a chapter of more than 4,000 words about New York City police surveillance of Muslim communities under Bloomberg, that chapter was excised from the final report — as was any mention of Bloomberg’s name

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/2/17/michael_bloomberg_philanthropic_spending_muting_critics

Think Tank Reverses New Plan For ThinkProgress After Backlash From Union

CAP and its sister organization, the Center for American Progress Action Fund, announced on Monday that ThinkProgress would resume operations, with contributions from the think tank’s staff, merely four days after ThinkProgress folded and CAP laid off all eleven members of its unionized staff.

The ThinkProgress Union released a statement slamming the move, asking CAP to reverse its plans to use the news site for a new purpose, and saying that it was “exploring our legal options with our representatives at the Writers Guild of America East.” (Full disclosure: WGAE also represents the TPM Union.)

“To take away our independent voice and use the wide audience built by ThinkProgress Union staff for other purposes is an affront to the ThinkProgress mission,” the union said in its statement.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/thinkprogress-archive-reverse-announcement-union-busting

• Hook 'Em 4

TANDEN IS NOT GOING TO BE CONFIRMED. 

Why are we continuing to have this conversation? The biden administration is taking unnecessary negative press over a nom that nobody outside of the beltway knows or gives a fuck about.  If she’s so fucking smart, make her head of the domestic policy council.  Now the Wapo is doing a hit piece on Ron Klain. This is the most Clintonesque blow-your-own-foot off after everyone, EVERYONE, warned you not to step on the clearly marked mine that I’ve seen since, well, Bill Clinton’s first fucking term.  

She’s not even a fucking progressive for god’s sake. And the alternative is a woman of color and who is a well liked appropriation staff who is actually better qualified for the job.  

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

TANDEN IS NOT GOING TO BE CONFIRMED. 

Why are we continuing to have this conversation? The biden administration is taking unnecessary negative press over a nom that nobody outside of the beltway knows or gives a fuck about.  If she’s so fucking smart, make her head of the domestic policy council.  Now the Wapo is doing a hit piece on Ron Klain. This is the most Clintonesque blow-your-own-foot off after everyone, EVERYONE, warned you not to step on the clearly marked mine that I’ve seen since, well, Bill Clinton’s first fucking term.  

She’s not even a fucking progressive for god’s sake. And the alternative is a woman of color and who is a well liked appropriation staff who is actually better qualified for the job.  

Exactly. Heaven forbid the nomination Neera fucking Tanden is scuttled in favor of the nomination of a young, intelligent, HIGHLY-EXPERIENCED and accomplished woman of color who hasn't spent years attacking the progressive base and doesn't have the stench of all of the worst elements of Clintonworld all over her. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When is Merrick Garland getting confirmed? 

Politico on Tuesday:

The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a committee vote on Garland’s nomination March 1 and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin said he is hoping for final confirmation next week.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/23/mcconnell-merrick-garland-attorney-general-471177

12 hours ago, Shady Ray said:

The citations on these topics are extensive.

spacer.png

Thanks for the sources. It’s not like I would ever preface any statement in polite conversation with, “According to Shady Ray on SurlyHorns...” and expect anyone to take me seriously.

Regarding openly advocating for the seizure of Libyan oil, that’s not true as displayed in the pic of an email hosted by The Intercept that you posted. George W. Bush said Iraqi oil would pay for the war. Donald Trump said we should just take the oil in Syria because we could...and because he’s a crook. Tanden suggested maybe we might get paid for our services from another country’s oil wealth. I don’t see that as a disqualifying factor, I see it as a means of maybe persuading Lisa Murkowski to vote to confirm. Are you kidding me? That’s a silly line of dissent.

Regarding all the BuzzfeedNews articles, they have a habit of sensationalizing things if you haven’t noticed. What I learned is that Benton Strong has no business in the public sphere. But Neera Tanden? We knew the victim went by Mary, and that was part of her real name, and Tanden accidentally said her real name, and apologized for her mistake, and that’s supposed to disqualify her?

The union admitted that CAP “eventually” took the appropriate steps but grumble, grumble, grumble, it should’ve happened sooner. Blah, blah, blah. Typical rhetoric.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sarahmimms/inside-a-divisive-fight-over-how-a-top-progressive-think

Neera said she was sorry.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sarahmimms/center-for-american-progress-head-says-she-is-deeply-sorry

And that was three years ago and Neera was blindsided by the memo and, reading through a bunch of articles, all hosted at buzzfeednews.com, it doesn’t seem all that scandalous  

As far as the Netanyahu stuff, who gives a fuck? I’m atheist. I’m certain that the god of Abraham is a human invention. I think Benjamin Netanyahu is an asshole and a very bad man. I don’t think it’s disqualifying for an American politician not to share that view. Sometimes in politics you have to let the asshole speak. And that wound be another issue that should appeal to the Republicans.

Finally, about Bloomberg and surveillance of Muslims, what does that have to do with Tanden? Is it possible that you’re a crank?