McConnell is worse than Trump

FondrenRoad

You don't get to kick the can down the road intentionally and then say that Trump is shitty but we can't do anything now. Trump was impeached when you were senate majority leader, Mitch. If he was as bad as you said he was today, then you betrayed your duty as leader of the senate by refusing to call an emergency session. So step down. This is entirely Mitch's fault. As much as I hate Trump, I think Mitch is several times worse. There will only be 20 or 30 people in the level of hell where they end up.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 3

It's a broken country with a broken government where the only consideration is "how do I get mine and what do I need to do to keep getting mine?" from every member of over one half of the government. The people actually wanting to help the government run better and more efficiently are the massive minority and have no authority to do so. 

The war's over. The bums won. I've made peace with it and now just look at this as if I was living in Russia or Venezuela or the like. Stay low key and out of the gestapo's cross hairs and go about my business.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

No one is worse than Trump. McConnell sucks beyond belief but he’s just the most hypocritical and disingenuous embodiment of a traditional politician that we’ve ever seen. Trump is a sociopath masquerading as a politician. He’s a catalyst that made McConnell even worse than he otherwise would have been.

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

The people actually wanting to help the government run better and more efficiently are the massive minority and have no authority to do so. 

Nah. You fret too much. It is really a nonpartisan issue.  Adopting efficiency standards in line with modern corporate governance is only natural. Innovation spurs efficiency and performance gains.  It works. And it better meets the needs of citizens. Efficiency improves delivery of services. And it will save money - a lot of money.

Do not despair. And maybe rethink your notion of "bum" - if I may. One should never punch down. It's unbecoming and creates unnecessary negative externalities. (Quite inefficient. No?)

The Turtle is a evil genius and has been running circle around the Dems for too long, they keep on falling for his bullshit and he keeps on playing them like a fiddle. He does what he does, he says one thing and does 180 when he needs to. Fuck precedence, he doesn’t care. The Ds keep on saying it’s not fair, he fucks the prom queen while Dems masterbate to her.

He gets what he wants one way and another and it’s all the Dems fault, they can’t beat him or don’t want to flip the chest board and go, Fuck you we are doing this our way, they keep on appeasing him, you have all 3 forms of gov and to get shit done. Fuck what the Rs want, go pass any laws you can and appoint as many judges you have to.

Go learn from Stacy Adams how to get grass root movement for ppl to vote and go keep on playing the game to get Rs to stay home during voting times. For fuck sales, go make some good candidates it swing states, go to the small cities and find the next Pete etc

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 4

We re-elected The Vulverine and the rhinestone cowboy to the senate knowing exactly what we were getting.

Republicans played the long game, undercutting government and education, crying about it, making easy to understand messages no matter how fucking wrong they were. They served the rich while pretending to be salt of the earth.

Democratic Party members fail by trying to explain why the Republicans lied about their positions and how they don’t hate babies, and how they don’t waste money etc. instead they should be hammering on the convictions, crimes, lies, debt, deaths, incompetence and repeat repeat repeat.

Imagine a duel. The R’s show up with Les Baer 1911 and use all 7 rounds where the D’s get a single shot black powder single shot pistol with wet powder and a bent barrel and cracked stock. And the D’s go along with it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No one is worse than Trump. McConnell sucks beyond belief but he’s just the most hypocritical and disingenuous embodiment of a traditional politician that we’ve ever seen. Trump is a sociopath masquerading as a politician. He’s a catalyst that made McConnell even worse than he otherwise would have been.

True, but McConnell is so effective at fucking up governmental things, while Trump is just effective at fucking up people.

Heard a lot of this over the last four years: "just you watch, McConnell is playing along just until he gets all the judges and deregulation he wants, and once he's had his fill he's going to knife Trump in the back."

McConnell -- and the other Republicans in Congress who aren't batshit -- are like a python trying to digest a pig that is Trump/fascism. At this point, the meal has been eaten, and there's nothing they can do at this point except hunker down and wait, hoping the pig doesn't rupture the python's gut before it passes through.

Spoiler alert: the python doesn't survive this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

Heard a lot of this over the last four years: "just you watch, McConnell is playing along just until he gets all the judges and deregulation he wants, and once he's had his fill he's going to knife Trump in the back."

McConnell -- and the other Republicans in Congress who aren't batshit -- are like a python trying to digest a pig that is Trump/fascism. At this point, the meal has been eaten, and there's nothing they can do at this point except hunker down and wait, hoping the pig doesn't rupture the python's gut before it passes through.

Spoiler alert: the python doesn't survive this one.

3D0048CF00000578-0-image-a-38_1486638400

Laura Trump is running for Senate in NC.  We'll get a sense of just how miscalculated Mitch's bet has been starting in 2022.  Mitch's legacy will be being one of the two people most responsible for the divisiveness of the country and bringing about as ugly a political forum since the 1850's.  He maybe crafty in his party allegiance but he's brought about destruction, suffering, and weakened the foundations of our country.  Ultimately, he's probably going to go down as Henry Clay of this century.  Fun legacy.

10 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

You don't get to kick the can down the road intentionally and then say that Trump is shitty but we can't do anything now. Trump was impeached when you were senate majority leader, Mitch. If he was as bad as you said he was today, then you betrayed your duty as leader of the senate by refusing to call an emergency session. So step down. This is entirely Mitch's fault. As much as I hate Trump, I think Mitch is several times worse. There will only be 20 or 30 people in the level of hell where they end up.

While I abhor Mitch McConnell's politics, the only person with a more thorough understanding of power and the will to use it was LBJ. 

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

Trump has a broken brain. He has about as much control over his narcissistic impulses as the schizophrenic does over his belief that his dog is transmitting recipes for lasagna into his brain via radio waves. McConnel otoh knows exactly the game being played. One of the most effective politicians of the 21st century, if not the most. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Trump has a broken brain. He has about as much control over his narcissistic impulses as the schizophrenic does over his belief that his dog is transmitting recipes for lasagna into his brain via radio waves. McConnel otoh knows exactly the game being played. One of the most effective politicians of the 21st century, if not the most. 

Sure but the fact that Trump is an imbecile and McConnell is intelligent doesn’t change the fact that Trump owns McConnell. Shamelessness, not intelligence, is the characteristic that sorts out the GOP pecking order. Trump has Mitch beat there.

34 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Sure but the fact that Trump is an imbecile and McConnell is intelligent doesn’t change the fact that Trump owns McConnell. Shamelessness, not intelligence, is the characteristic that sorts out the GOP pecking order. Trump has Mitch beat there.

Don't confuse mental illness with intellect. 

4 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Fair, but it also doesn’t seem right to credit McConnell with being such a masterful politician when he got owned by a rank buffoon.

I think that McConnell has largely achieved his political objectives. The major political miscalculation I see from him is fucking up the stimulus pre election.  He cost himself the Senate with that one.   

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that McConnell has largely achieved his political objectives. The major political miscalculation I see from him is fucking up the stimulus pre election.  He cost himself the Senate with that one.   

Yes, but I bet all of his political victories taste bittersweet in the aftermath of Trump taking over the political party he dedicated his career towards advancing.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Wait . . . so you are saying my dog isn't sending me short rib recipes?  

Braised Short Ribs with Roasted Root Vegetables - The Original Dish

McConnell is all about living to fight another day while he hunkers down in his shell. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Wait . . . so you are saying my dog isn't sending me short rib recipes?  

Braised Short Ribs with Roasted Root Vegetables - The Original Dish

McConnell is all about living to fight another day while he hunkers down in his shell. 

roasted roots vegetables are teh best. 

I’d put Pelosi up there.

Lulz

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/16/trump-attacks-mcconnell-in-fiery-statement-469150

A person familiar with the crafting of the statement confirmed that it could have been far worse. An earlier draft mocked McConnell for having multiple chins, the person said. But Trump was convinced by advisers to take it out.

• 1 year later...

Well, it appears that Kevin McCarthy and Mumbles McConnell have been caught conspiring against Trump. McCarthy is hotly denying the reporting in a new book detailing how he planned to seek Trump’s resignation because of his role in the J6 insurrection.

Then, Rachel played the tape tonight of him doing that berry thing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/us/politics/trump-mitch-mcconnell-kevin-mccarthy.html

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders, according to an audio recording of the conversation obtained by The New York Times.

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders, according to an audio recording of the conversation obtained by The New York Times.

And by "I've had it", he actually meant "I cant wait to repeatedly swallow donnie's cock & balls in public"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And by "I've had it", he actually meant "I cant wait to repeatedly swallow donnie's cock & balls in public"

From the tape, it’s clear Republicans held discussions to consider invoking the 25th amendment against Trump. They know what’s right. They’re just too scared, power hungry and greedy to d the right thing.

• Rage+1 3

4 hours ago, Satchel said:

Well, it appears that Kevin McCarthy and Mumbles McConnell have been caught conspiring against Trump. McCarthy is hotly denying the reporting in a new book detailing how he planned to seek Trump’s resignation because of his role in the J6 insurrection.

Then, Rachel played the tape tonight of him doing that berry thing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/us/politics/trump-mitch-mcconnell-kevin-mccarthy.html

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Knowing these clowns……when soon to be confronted with the truth….will do what they’ve been doing the past 5 years….double down!

Y'all are cute, thinking that recorded audio of GQP leaders discussing their plans to discuss getting Trump to resign or risk invoking the 25th will have any negative ramifications for them. Proof isn't proof to the GQP or their base, especially when it contradicts their feelings.

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

From the tape, it’s clear Republicans held discussions to consider invoking the 25th amendment against Trump. They know what’s right. They’re just too scared, power hungry and greedy to d the right thing.

And they’ll get away with it. The rest of us are just fools living in the reality-based community. People with power create their own reality, facts and evidence be damned. 

45 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Y'all are cute, thinking that recorded audio of GQP leaders discussing their plans to discuss getting Trump to resign or risk invoking the 25th will have any negative ramifications for them. Proof isn't proof to the GQP or their base, especially when it contradicts their feelings.

This, obviously. I guess the hope is that they'll be enough internal strife from them daring to [privately] go against the cult and its leader to cause fracturing. "RINO's" and whatnot.

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

They realized it would involve "doing something" and that is something they are not comfortable with.