Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Gas No Brakes

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this after

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

So much for all of that Gary Patterson shit from a couple of days ago.

Getting Murphy had to help, not having a QB is supposedly one of the things that stopped Stewart from committing earlier.

"I ain't going to no damn TCU"

(Please have a better career than Brennan Eagles, though)

• Hook 'Em 2
4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Mannnn if Sark can win...this shit will be fishing with dynamite.  Win 10 games, beat OU, make a CCG, push for a CFP spot and you’re looking at a top 3 class. 

sets up a real possibility in getting the top ranked class in '23

5 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Mannnn if Sark can win...this shit will be fishing with dynamite.  Win 10 games, beat OU, make a CCG, push for a CFP spot and you’re looking at a top 3 class. 

And 2023 would just be absolutely ridiculous 

This years class on offense is night and day to last year.

QB:  5 star, soon to be high 4 star Murphy

RB:  borderline 5 star, high 4 star Blue

WR:  5 star Stewart, 4 star Winfield

OL:  leading for 5 star Campbell, trending for Banks, making ground with Dewberry.

I think we’re going to see things speed up on offense for WR.  There are 2-3 spots left and a lot of guys interested.  If you want to play in this offense, you better make your mind up soon.

• Hook 'Em 2
1 minute ago, victory88 said:

This years class on offense is night and day to last year.

QB:  5 star, soon to be high 4 star Murphy

RB:  borderline 5 star, high 4 star Blue

WR:  5 star Stewart, 4 star Winfield

OL:  leading for 5 star Campbell, trending for Banks, making ground with Dewberry.

I think we’re going to see things speed up on offense for WR.  There are 2-3 spots left and a lot of guys interested.  If you want to play in this offense, you better make your mind up soon.

*Stewart is a high 4 star

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggy 247

image.thumb.png.5601ed93725b38245124e8386111209a.png

image.thumb.png.e067d170f40a1aca368bbb4bd703db51.png

OU 247

image.thumb.png.ee7a304964be62e72e12bb88d31ad8ec.png

image.thumb.png.a3d21ddb772b0398680dd2d23bf725ca.png

The dichotomy between them is fascinating, the Sooners may be massive pile of trailer trash undesirables but they still manage to make actual football analysis based in reality compared to A&M’s conspiracy based delusions.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
Just now, FunkSoulBrother said:

Right. But he could end up with a 5 star when all said and done.

Both Stewart and Blue will be making cases for the #1 spot at their position this year. Both could easily end up 5 stars.

• Hook 'Em 2
7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggy 247

a season as good as the one they just had with THIS qb room? not a single one of those dudes has taken a meaningful snap

5vjyCJy8

their QB room returns NINE career passing attempts. i know they return a ton of production from last year (80% in BillC's stats) but going from a guy who had 46 career starts to 9 career attempts is going to be fascinating.

(and yes, i know Texas only returns about that much in their QB room but nobody on our end is expecting us to beat Bama or top our best season in the last 25? years)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The dichotomy between them is fascinating, the Sooners may be massive pile of trailer trash undesirables but they still manage to make actual football analysis based in reality compared to A&M’s conspiracy based delusions.

They've actually watched a consistently elite football program and know how it works. They also don't have a colossal in-state inferiority complex.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

*Stewart is a high 4 star

The Hayes edit had him as a 5 star but he changed it.  Either way, he’s a 5 star talent. I’m not sure I’d pick another WR over him if I had to choose.  He’s the type of kid with speed that goes to Bama and ends up a 1st round pick.  We finally got one to choose Texas.

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I was sitting here thinking the exact same thing.  The contrast between those two screenshots is incredible.

27 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggy 247

"Namely, if we have another season as good or better than we just had"

Even if they do have another great season, they're acting like other coaches aren't going to tell elite wide receivers, "Yea, you want to watch that season from the stands like Demas did?"