Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Gas No Brakes

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this after

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change.

Posted Images

Just now, texifornia said:

Lol, you'd think his brother would counter that. 

Not an irreplaceable guy, though obviously you'd rather just have that set of skills in the boat.

His brother loves it here for sure, I think it’s more about his position coach (with Gare’s assist) and a little bit about doing his own thing. 

Texas will absolutely load up on quality DBs this cycle.  No worries there. 

• Hook 'Em 5
4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Remember when I was taking about FatPat being fine with spoiling a recruitment? 

Sark should just carpet bomb offers to every single TCU lean / commit.  Even if they are non-committable it might make several of them look around.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

His brother loves it here for sure, I think it’s more about his position coach (with Gare’s assist) and a little bit about doing his own thing. 

As in Fat Pat was negative recruiting Gideon or what?

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Remember when I was taking about FatPat being fine with spoiling a recruitment? 

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Trashing a place his brother loves probably isn’t even a good recruiting strategy. I think you’re reaching a bit, Patterson isn’t responsible for every recruit who goes somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1
4 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Trashing a place his brother loves probably isn’t even a good recruiting strategy. I think you’re reaching a bit, Patterson isn’t responsible for every recruit who goes somewhere else.

The sell isn't "God Texas fucking sucks, your brother's a moron", it's "Don't you want to do your own thing? And don't you hear... Gideon and Joseph are untested/not great. You should really think on this. Go your own way, maybe somewhere out of the conference even."

• Hook 'Em 1
1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Let me salve this wound with the consolation that our men are way ahead of WV in basketball.

Wait.... 

And baseball started their season with a hotly anticipated top-10 matchup. No better time to be a Longhorn fan!

4 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

No Hullaby, last minute loss to WVU in basketball, and baseball drops opener to Mississippi Aggy.

200.gif

Things that don’t register on my give-a-fuck meter, Alex?

• Like 1