Game 10: Horns vs Hoos - Omaha Elimination Edition

Pimphand

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If I'm an MSU fan and not sweating this matchup I'm probably dumb as shit. Which might check out I guess. 

Hmmm. we throw Harding (who you haven't seen yet) vs Madden who we have seen 3 times and now twice in a week. 

If we lose, we bring back Bednar against whoever you have to throw. 

Am I saying we win 1? I like our odds.  but I believe it will be a good game. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Barbacoa said:

This team just grinds. You can feel them just start to wear down on teams. 

And a big part of it is the walks.  I know we all get frustrated with the backwards Ks, but the discipline also puts a lot of traffic on base and half our guys are a threat to run.  That's hard on a pitcher.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, troph said:

I love winning it all,  but that’s my definition of success here. Deep run, still standing when half are gone. Now go play loose, have a good time and bring it home.  

Yep. I feel great about this season. Hope the players do too and can go out and play with confidence. 

5 minutes ago, troph said:

I believe.  I love the legacy of the program and how it just seems to lift the current players.  37 appearances, most wins, deep runs, bounced 0-2 only once (that team overachieved), and doesn’t give up the lead late in Omaha. That mystique matters.  These players know the standard and they’ve carried it well. Very proud of them.

It absolutely matters. You could see it happen tonight. Texas winning in Omaha will deflate your team quicker than anything. UVA was so done after that hit by Zubia.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

Hmmm. we throw Harding (who you haven't seen yet) vs Madden who we have seen 3 times and now twice in a week. 

On paper, there’s just no way we can beat y’all!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, msudawg said:

It don’t make a shit. Go to bed and get ready to get your ass whipped tonight. 

Edited by brojangles2
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Are you admitting you're dumb as shit? Personally I think a bit more highly of you than that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We’ve only used 6 different arms through 3 games and Madden is fresh for tomorrow. Much better shape than most teams that have to run through the losers bracket. Only Hansen, Stevens and maybe Witt aren’t available tomorrow. 

IMO everyone except Hansen is available.  sure some maybe only for one inning or one or 2 batters but they are available.  

• Hook 'Em 1

MSU will be a dog fight. But no way they pitch better than game one and we were one play from winning that.  Let them be confident. I don’t care. Could this be their year vs Texas, I like our chances. 

edit - pun intended I guess.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, millhouse said:

Omaha is 100% about peaking at the right time. NCSt. has caught it, after tonight I feel like we have too. Fuckimg awesome to see these guys grow up in Omaha 

I'm not sure we're peaking. We've had great stretches all year. I'm not sure why so many people come in here and act like we didn't win the big 12 and get seeded 2nd in the country. This team was always finals or bust imo. 

5 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

So what's the consensus? Do we want rain tomorrow?

the problem is if it rains and only delays the game it doesn't really help.  you have to get to the park regardless.  if it rains and is cancelled that's good but would screw us for the final series.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

IMO everyone except Hansen is available.  sure some maybe only for one inning or one or 2 batters but they are available.  

Absolutely, some before others, some more than others but I agree. 

4 minutes ago, troph said:

...No way they pitch better than game one and we were one play from winning that.  Let them be confident. I don’t care. Could this be their year vs Texas, I like our chances. 

Exactly.  Fatnar pitched the game of his life the other night.  The odds of him repeating a game like that are slim.

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, dcar00 said:

the problem is if it rains and only delays the game it doesn't really help.  you have to get to the park regardless.  if it rains and is cancelled that's good but would screw us for the final series.

Yeah the whole losers bracket is brutal on pitching staffs isn’t as bad as prior formats but it’s right now that it catches up. Time to take our lump and take them on.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure we're peaking. We've had great stretches all year. I'm not sure why so many people come in here and act like we didn't win the big 12 and get seeded 2nd in the country. This team was always finals or bust imo. 

I'll give that to you that we have mashed just about all year long but doing it in a weekend series vs. do or die in Omaha are two totally different things.

13 minutes ago, msudawg said:

But I bet the under side of Bednar's hat is clean this time...

Just kidding.  That could've been anything.

But I bet it'll get checked just to be sure this time.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fucking UVA had a baserunner every inning and only scored 2 runs, coming on one hit.  That's impressive.  But we don't need to allow Miss St baserunners every inning.  That was fucking frustrating and put way more pressure on our pitching, defense and my 50 year old heart than was necessary.  I hope the Texas bats sleep well tonight and show up at the park ready to make lots of noise.

• Hook 'Em 4

Let it rain and let’s watch the Horns steal the thunder and lightning. (No offense to Will Clark and Rafael Palmiero)