Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

23 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Yea I’m sure Georgia is tripping over themselves for the 50% completion rate of Calzada. Didn’t he have some ridiculous statline of something like 2 completions for 30 yards with 4 picks in one of his games earlier this year?

this is a&m trying to drum up an SEC recruiting win.

3/22, a cool 13.6%, for 32 yards with 4 picks. He added 3 carries for 22 yards while getting shut out by the 38th best team in Georgia (per maxpreps: Calzada's school is 50th) #dualthreat #secspeed

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

After year 3 of the Jimbo regime, after having won exactly jack squat per usual, the aggys will slowly begin to realize they've been had for $75M.

Narrator: it will be hilarious

It might take longer than 3 years, given that Jimbo is much more of a fit (for whatever reason(s)) than Sumlin. The cost to buy him and his FSU championship cred should keep him safe for at least 4-5 years. Once the scales have finally fallen from aggy's eyes, it will indeed be awesome.

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

This is a great class for A&M. One of their best ever I'm sure. I find two things funny.

1) Jimbo's signature class didn't have a top national QB.

2) Depending how LSU finishes, it could be the 4th ranked team in the SEC.

When comparing both classes you can say they got the better haul at TE, DL ( only due to Leal ) and DB ( even that's debatable) and that's it.  Not even close at QB and LB a,nd if we keep Shepherd and get Hookfin OL wont be that close either.  Green is a stud OG, but Trainer is a JAG.  RB is a wash IMO and we got the better WR haul.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

When comparing both classes you can say they got the better haul at TE, DL ( only due to Leal ) and DB ( even that's debatable) and that's it.  Not even close at QB and LB a,nd if we keep Shepherd and get Hookfin OL wont be that close either.  Green is a stud OG, but Trainer is a JAG.  RB is a wash IMO and we got the better WR haul.

Oh, I wasn't even comparing. I think our class is good as well. I'm glad our path to the playoff is through Oklahoma and not Alabama and Georgia.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

One thing for sure, the secondary they established this cycle doesn’t have shit on the one we picked up last year.  Leal and Shepard though, need some of those bad. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

You forgot Punter. aggy none - tu none. Advantage aggy.

21 hours ago, Scholz said:

After year 3 of the Jimbo regime, after having won exactly jack squat per usual, the aggys will slowly begin to realize they've been had for $75M.

Jimblo: " I guarantee a #1 or #2 recruiting class, guaranteed"

Rankings:  aggy #3

Jimblo:  "As far as the recruiting class goes, mission accomplished"

Public:  Uh, no Jimblo, 3 is not 1 or 2.  Adjusted expectations?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scholz said:

Year 3 is when they win 10 or 11 games and all the gomers believe the magic has started and they are over the hump.  Have you seen their 2020 schedule?

2021 is the year to watch. 

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yup. Nobody seems to be calling him out on that shit. It also drives me nuts when people talk about how smart Jimbo is cause he talks so damn fast. It''s been my experience with people that talk really fast, most of what they are saying is bullshit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

we're all pretty pissed at jimbo for the #3 overall class. hard to find a single guy in there worthy of a power 5 scholarship imo.

• Fuck You 1

On 12/21/2018 at 1:31 PM, bizzle said:

we're all pretty pissed at jimbo for the #3 overall class. hard to find a single guy in there worthy of a power 5 scholarship imo.

He is playing chess, obviously.  While we find ourselves with both our highly rated 2018 QBs looking at transferring, Baggins is quietly building depth in his QB room by taking guy who won't have options.  Power. Moves.

• Like 2