Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Most people have said Keke and Alaka are good. Durham is undersized but a decent player. 

Mack is fat and his production at A&M never matched his recruiting ranking or perceived talent level. 

The wind was whistling behind me on my way home and I swear I thought it was a penalty for Daylon Mack being offsides.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The wind was whistling behind me on my way home and I swear I thought it was a penalty for Daylon Mack being offsides.

The best part of this joke is how rooted it is in truth. 

I don't watch much aggy, but from what I've seen the guy is legitimately good for at least one per game.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Apart from Mack, Elko needs to share some of that newfound booty with each of those DL who saved his ass this year. Probably won't, though, because after next season, he's not likely to get any more raises.

....and from what I've been reading, Elmo will have less to work with next year, with a harder schedule.   Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

29 minutes ago, cafe society said:

He would be the number one pick in the NFL draft with that size and speed.  He needs to room with Leon, they can intoxicate one another with their bullshit.

Speaking of Leon, frenzy just tweeted out that the aggy Rivals mod Passwaters is saying they may move Leon to LB.

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Most people have said Keke and Alaka are good. Durham is undersized but a decent player. 

Mack is fat and his production at A&M never matched his recruiting ranking or perceived talent level. 

this . . this is actually more or less correct. mack was also quietly pretty awesome this year.

pre-bowl we're 42nd in defensive s+p (which has its issues, but is as good as anything else from an overall metric standpoint) coming off a sweet 71st ranking in chavis' final year. 

i'm guessing we're top 30 in overall s+p next year. please feel free to bookmark and bring up repeatedly when clemson puts up 60 on us next september. 

this . . this is actually more or less correct. mack was also quietly pretty awesome this year.
pre-bowl we're 42nd in defensive s+p (which has its issues, but is as good as anything else from an overall metric standpoint) coming off a sweet 71st ranking in chavis' final year. 
i'm guessing we're top 30 in overall s+p next year. please feel free to bookmark and bring up repeatedly when clemson puts up 60 on us next september. 

Will the Internets be working in Vancouver at that time?

22 minutes ago, bizzle said:

I would take this bet in a heartbeat. A&M finished 42nd in S&P this year and loses most of their front 7. 

The offense might improve next year IF Sternberger and Williams return. I don’t see the defense making a 12 spot jump when they lose the strength of that unit. 

Edited by texasstrong12

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I would take this bet in a heartbeat. A&M finished 42nd in S&P this year and loses most of their front 7. 

The offense might improve next year IF Sternberger and Williams return. I don’t see the defense making a 12 spot jump when they lose the strength of that unit. 

there are some holes to fill, but i believe in elko and some of the options he has at those spots. 

i fell hard for tim deruyter (who is currently kicking ass at cal) and i'm trying to keep myself from doing the same with elko, but the guy's pretty damn solid.

3 minutes ago, bizzle said:

there are some holes to fill, but i believe in elko and some of the options he has at those spots. 

i fell hard for tim deruyter (who is currently kicking ass at cal) and i'm trying to keep myself from doing the same with elko, but the guy's pretty damn solid.

You poor dumb bastard.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bizzle said:

there are some gloryholes to fill, but i believe in elko and some of the options he has at those spots. 

fixed it for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Fools and their money are soon parted...

To further demonstrate that point,  they'll just have to sell some extra maroon fake dog turds with the aTm logo and some t-shirts   Lower professor salaries, lower admission standards and borrow more money from the academic side  to compensate for the expenditure 

FIFY

check with R. Duke for the maths and fact check. 

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It was tl,dr it all, but his premise about 7-5/8-4 was spot on.   

Does he have the self awareness to predict how long it takes for 'ole ball cuck to piss everyone off and bonfire the program?  

If im making odds I put it at 5.5.  It takes time to build massive holes in the roster while rolling people through high ranking classes.  That said, he didn't hire a juggernaut this time and already has a huge head start at a few positions, so perhaps the under is the right play. 

4 hours ago, bizzle said:

Said every ag ever about every one of their coaches ever. 

• Like 3

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Talk on LSU boards is Bama' commit CB Christian Williams may flip to LSU.  Would be hilarious if this happens and Saban takes Banks.

It seems like that spot would be between Banks, Pola-Gates, and Battle. Williams isn't signing until the late period, so who knows how this falls out. 

13 hours ago, Treefidy said:

It was tl,dr it all, but his premise about 7-5/8-4 was spot on.   

i'm always spot on. 

unless i've been drinking in charleston for 3 straight days after personally watching kenny hill throw for over 500 yards. then, i would definitely take the opposite side of whatever opinion is being offered.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i'm always spot on. 

unless i've been drinking in charleston for 3 straight days after personally watching kenny hill throw for over 500 yards. then, i would definitely take the opposite side of whatever opinion is being offered.

...or if you're stuck in Vancouver for months where they don't have the interwebs.

14 hours ago, bizzle said:

I believe the phrase you are looking for is, "plug and play."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Including the raise, I believe two of the 3 highest paid dcs in the country were involved in that final score, right?

I've never built a house, but what I've heard is that you have to be careful with your budget because the fact that a) you're already dealing with unusually large numbers and b) the money comes from a loan and not your account both make you more willing to say yes to a thousand little upgrades that you probably don't need or care about.  Along the way you lose sight of the fact that $50k in small upgrades is still $50k, regardless of the overall transaction amount that might make it seem relatively small.

Feels like that's what aggy is doing with their coaches at this point.  The numbers are already so astronomically inflated that tossing Elko $300k on a whim felt like nothing, ignoring that they could have cut $500k off of his old salary to get a damn good DC and saved themselves $800k/year. 

This analysis forgets the fact that Aggy now, in large part, measures their worth in college football by the money they throw at coaches.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg