NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

@4doorsMoreWhores I like how you get negged off the site then come here and start some stupid LeBron-hating shit when after a cursory review LeBron has done nothing wrong and is probably in the right.

Do you want to be at negative 19? I can make it happen real quick. 

Don't come shit up the NBA thread immediately after making a new account. 

First of all, I didn't get negged off the site. Secondly it's a story that's been in the news, so I'm not just hating on LeBron. My opinion is that he jumped to a false conclusion at best. If you disagree, then cool but there's nothing wrong with the post. Given that there is a former Kevin Porter NBA player, the announcer has a legitimate excuse. Gsoda makes a good point as well that the remark wouldn't have made sense if it were about the real dad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Sacramento is one of the handful of truly dumb teams left in the league. Almost any other team, and I would say zero chance of a Halliburton for Simmons deal, but with Sac you just never know. I don’t think Morey would do Simmons for Fox.

Simmons's value to the Sixers is at best nil and at worse significantly negative right now. They should dump him for a can of Pringles at this point.

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

If Sacramento trades Haliburton for Simmons, just move the franchise back to Kansas City...or Cincinnati.

Why?  And I'd trade Fox in a minute.  Fox is the classic inefficient small guard who can score in exciting ways but is a liability on defense and not good enough of a creator to justify his contract unless he really changes his game or becomes a better shooter.

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   OWS DWS WS WS/48   OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 De'Aaron Fox 2018 2022 300 9509 17.4 .539 .231 .357 1.8 10.3 6.0 30.5 2.1 1.2 13.9 27.1   8.5 6.3 14.8 .074   0.8 -0.8 0.0 4.8
2 Ben Simmons 2018 2021 275 9326 19.8 .579 .011 .425 6.2 19.2 12.9 34.5 2.4 1.8 19.6 21.5   15.3 15.0 30.4 .156   1.7 2.0 3.7 13.4

Simmons is a versatile and really good defender at worst who is a liability on offense but you can still throw him on the block vs smaller guys.  Halliburton is on a cheaper contract and really young but he hasn't shown to be anything crazy special, but it's very early.  I'd probably want to keep the better shooter and that's Halliburton.  

51 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Fox has 5 years left on deal. One of the worst contracts in the league.

Okay, but he's playing right? Simmons is getting paid to not do shit while simultaneously driving down his perceived value in trades. The longer you hold him the lower the return is going to be. At least Fox might not be a locker room cancer at this point.

44 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Why?  And I'd trade Fox in a minute.  Fox is the classic inefficient small guard who can score in exciting ways but is a liability on defense and not good enough of a creator to justify his contract unless he really changes his game or becomes a better shooter.

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   OWS DWS WS WS/48   OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
1 De'Aaron Fox 2018 2022 300 9509 17.4 .539 .231 .357 1.8 10.3 6.0 30.5 2.1 1.2 13.9 27.1   8.5 6.3 14.8 .074   0.8 -0.8 0.0 4.8
2 Ben Simmons 2018 2021 275 9326 19.8 .579 .011 .425 6.2 19.2 12.9 34.5 2.4 1.8 19.6 21.5   15.3 15.0 30.4 .156   1.7 2.0 3.7 13.4

Simmons is a versatile and really good defender at worst who is a liability on offense but you can still throw him on the block vs smaller guys.  Halliburton is on a cheaper contract and really young but he hasn't shown to be anything crazy special, but it's very early.  I'd probably want to keep the better shooter and that's Halliburton.  

That's the point - keep Haliburton.  Losing Fox is no big deal.

Klay coming back tomorrow is pretty cool as he is one of the most enjoyable players in the league to watch when he’s in the zone. If he can just be 80-85 percent of his pre-injury self I think he will be what pushes the Dubs back to the top of the mountain. I wish him good health and that he and Curry put on a show for everyone sooner rather than later!

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Haliburton is putting up 14/4/7 with almost 2 steals on really solid shooting #s. I'd be terrified of trading that dude with the potential he's shown. 

17 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I think they end the year as a top 3 seed in the West

I don't think they catch Utah unless Mitchell or Gobert goes down. But shit - they're like 2 games back and super hot. They just might. 

LeBron had an epic game tonight: 35, 9, and 7. 14-19 from the field, 3-4 from 3, a perfect 4-4 from the line. Just terrific.

Unfortunately, the other 4 starters and Melo combined to shoot 10-47, and they trailed by 25 entering the 4th.

Somehow, LeBron managed to be a team worst -30.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Somehow, LeBron managed to be a team worst -30.

Probably because he thought he could roll with this trash-ass roster and now he's figured out that even when he plays great they're going to get spanked if no one else shows up. 

Or was the "somehow" rhetorical?

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Absolutely absurd hops.    He caught a lob later that he was so high on he had to duck away to not hit his face on the rim.

I had a coach in junior high that was a 6’3” white guy that could hit his head on the rim. I couldn’t understand, at 12 years old, how he could do that and not be in the nba. I couldn’t conceive of anyone jumping that high. Ja laughs at that puny display of athleticism. 

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Probably because he thought he could roll with this trash-ass roster and now he's figured out that even when he plays great they're going to get spanked if no one else shows up. 

Or was the "somehow" rhetorical?

I am a little bummed that he's wasting the last of his years as a Top 5 player with this junk, but the arrogance to think that he was going to be the one to turn Russ into a winning basketball player is pretty astounding, even for him.

I haven't looked at their cap sheet, but gotta think they'd at least have some flexibility to make moves without him.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

When does Houston get rid of this guy?

30th pick in the first round, you can hang on to him for a bit and see if he gets better. No real urgency to dump a 1st round pick because he's playing like a dumb kid at 21 years of age. Give him some more time to develop, he might become a decent  role player. 

32 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

30th pick in the first round, you can hang on to him for a bit and see if he gets better. No real urgency to dump a 1st round pick because he's playing like a dumb kid at 21 years of age. Give him some more time to develop, he might become a decent  role player. 

He’s a cancer and the longer he’s allowed to infect the locker room the more long term damage he will inflict on Jalen Green and the other yutes.

Hopefully he gets his head right and life back on track but Houston can’t afford to wait…especially since KPJ’s production on the court (when he’s not throwing tantrums) isn’t good enough to justify a long leash.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I don't think the issue is exclusively playing a like a dumb kid, although certainly that could be part of it.  It's all of the off court distractions, attitude issues, and the maturity problems.  Now, add both of those things that he's a shitastic winning player (don't confuse with talent) and you could see a team giving up on him like Cleveland already did.  Conversely, I see your point of the Rockets are playing 2025 so doesn't matter to give the dude some time to see if he can get his head straight, but the odds that happens are low.  It sometimes happens and some dudes can become decent players, but it generally takes years and is often associated with other issues like addiction.  Not sure if that's the case here.  He's looking like a kid who's writing his ticket out of the league and will kick around the international leagues right now.  Time is ticking on his career.  For his sake, I hope he gets it together.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I don't think the issue is exclusively playing a like a dumb kid, although certainly that could be part of it.  It's all of the off court distractions, attitude issues, and the maturity problems.  Now, add both of those things that he's a shitastic winning player (don't confuse with talent) and you could see a team giving up on him like Cleveland already did.  Conversely, I see your point of the Rockets are playing 2025 so doesn't matter to give the dude some time to see if he can get his head straight, but the odds that happens are low.  It sometimes happens and some dudes can become decent players, but it generally takes years and is often associated with other issues like addiction.  Not sure if that's the case here.  He's looking like a kid who's writing his ticket out of the league and will kick around the international leagues right now.  Time is ticking on his career.  For his sake, I hope he gets it together.

Some similarities between KPJ and Javaris Crittenton - let's hope it doesn't end the way J Critt did.

On 1/8/2022 at 6:43 PM, Message Board User said:

Memphis is very impressive - another win without Ja today at the Clippers.  JJJ is upping his game and Desmond Bane is a revelation.  I think they end the year as a top 3 seed in the West and will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Gun to my head, I might just pick Memphis to emerge from the West - they're for real and they seem to have a team built for the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Gun to my head, I might just pick Memphis to emerge from the West -

I'll tell your family you loved them. 

Memphis looks great. Playoffs are a different animal. This has been a weird season and a ton of top teams are reeling right now. No fucking way I take them over GS or Phoenix in 7 without HCA. Same way I'm not taking Chicago over Brooklyn. 

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

LOL. Prime AI vs Jai = me buying the bar with your money.

I assume you're meaning Ja. And I also assume you're agreeing with me. AI with today's rules would be putting up 35 a game. I mean... he might shoot 44% from the field but he'd be something else. Dude would be at the line 12 times every game. 

I assume you're meaning Ja. And I also assume you're agreeing with me. AI with today's rules would be putting up 35 a game. I mean... he might shoot 44% from the field but he'd be something else. Dude would be at the line 12 times every game. 
Yeah, misread your post. I meant Ja. He reminds me of AI. I'm picking AI too, so we'd have to find another sucker to buy the drinks.

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah, misread your post. I meant Ja. He reminds me of AI. I'm picking AI too, so we'd have to find another sucker to buy the drinks.

Ja is awesome but AI had better hands on D (3 consecutive steals titles) and had a more complete offensive package. Granted Ja's a bit bigger and might be a better athlete. It would be fun to watch. 

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ja is awesome but AI had better hands on D (3 consecutive steals titles) and had a more complete offensive package. Granted Ja's a bit bigger and might be a better athlete. It would be fun to watch. 

I'm probably biased because I never really understood the love for AI and his 41% FG, but how exactly does AI have the more complete offensive package? 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

3110D8A5-30D4-4CAC-AECC-4B661ADB23BC.jpeg

And Dillon Brooks is only 26. I thought he was their second best player last year and he's only played 20 games so far this season. They are going to be good for a long time. I was really high on JJJ in that draft but had been disappointed in him so far, notwithstanding his injuries. But even he seems to be coming along now. That's a really deep, young team.

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm probably biased because I never really understood the love for AI and his 41% FG, but how exactly does AI have the more complete offensive package? 

He had more moves and could score from more spots on the floor. Just talking about offense that's relevant to 1 v 1. Ja isn't really a jumpshooter from inside the arc. 

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

1 on 1 is one thing but Ja is the better team player.    He can get his at any time but has absolutely no trouble getting his teammates involved finding them for easy buckets.

4 minutes ago, d2o said:

1 on 1 is one thing but Ja is the better team player.    He can get his at any time but has absolutely no trouble getting his teammates involved finding them for easy buckets.

Yes. I'm talking about 1 on 1. Would anyone else like me to clarify...