Jump to content
Machinator

2019 OT Javonne Shepherd

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Any chance Shepherd gets reinstated on his High School Team after sitting out a game or two as punishment??

I'm not sure it matters. I don't care how quick his feet are. If he's eating his way out of his scholarship, fighting coaches, and tweeting out cryptic and dramatic shit about how wild his recruitment is going to be, I don't think he's a dude that the staff will want anyway. Those dudes almost NEVER produce in college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

I'm not sure it matters. I don't care how quick his feet are. If he's eating his way out of his scholarship, fighting coaches, and tweeting out cryptic and dramatic shit about how wild his recruitment is going to be, I don't think he's a dude that the staff will want anyway. Those dudes almost NEVER produce in college. 

Agree.... think TEXAS coaches thought Shepherd might grow up after a year or two in college and really want his buddy Demas.

I'm not sure Horns should waste time on Shepherd though.... What is it that Herman says about recruiting?? Something like "it's not about the ones you don't get, it's about making the right assessments on the Recruits that you do get"....

Chris Petersen's saying: OKG... "Our Kinda Guys"

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

I'm not sure it matters. I don't care how quick his feet are. If he's eating his way out of his scholarship, fighting coaches, and tweeting out cryptic and dramatic shit about how wild his recruitment is going to be, I don't think he's a dude that the staff will want anyway. Those dudes almost NEVER produce in college. 

Yeah he has bust written all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thepop said:

Yeah he has bust written all over him.

Just found this quote from TFB:

"***On that note, I’m told that despite Javonne Shepherd no longer being on his high school team (though I suspect it will get remedied), Texas doesn’t have any intentions of dropping him. Don’t sense they have that luxury right now, anyway."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shepard comes to UT, Mehringer switches to coaching tackles, first practice Shepard punches him in the face and Mehringer is fired and Shepard is made team captain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

If that's true, then what the fuck is k0ppoe?

What kind of fucking lunatic are you, man? It's bad enough that that insipid blob got loose from the realignment thread and started showing up... on every other football thread. We don't need you or anyone else raining that water torture down on us on the recruiting board. Fuck.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Shepard comes to UT, Mehringer switches to coaching tackles, first practice Shepard punches him in the face and Mehringer is fired and Shepard is made team captain. 

In a long history of outstanding posts, this is perhaps your most serious, realistic, hopeful and insightful. I'll practice Santeria if it will help make this happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What kind of fucking lunatic are you, man? It's bad enough that that insipid blob got loose from the realignment thread and started showing up... on every other football thread. We don't need you or anyone else raining that water torture down on us on the recruiting board. Fuck.

I didn't @ him, bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What kind of fucking lunatic are you, man? It's bad enough that that insipid blob got loose from the realignment thread and started showing up... on every other football thread. We don't need you or anyone else raining that water torture down on us on the recruiting board. Fuck.

In a long history of outstanding posts, this is perhaps your most serious, realistic, hopeful and insightful. I'll practice Santeria if it will help make this happen.

Your blood pressure medicine must be some next level shit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shephard slept they coach? 
Our o-line seems to like Herb Hand...If he tried that shit as a Longhorn he'd probably find himself getting picked up (for the first time in his life) and slammed head first into the turf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I wonder if he's getting more rope (no racist) because TH doesn't want to burn the Demas/Footwork King bridge.

Footwork does seem like the kind to blindly defend a kid

See: Carter, Toneil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Footwork does seem like the kind to blindly defend a kid

See: Carter, Toneil

FWK has called out Carter on Twitter (not by name, but it was pretty obvious) for being entitled. He's not stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 11:12 PM, LTtxfan said:

Any chance Shepherd gets reinstated on his High School Team after sitting out a game or two as punishment??

Super K answered this question today...

***Javonne Shepherd let me know that he is back with his team at North Forest and is expected to play in the next game."

– Super K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Super K answered this question today...

***Javonne Shepherd let me know that he is back with his team at North Forest and is expected to play in the next game."

– Super K

C'mon man there is a place for this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 9:29 AM, irishtexan said:

I'm not sure it matters. I don't care how quick his feet are. If he's eating his way out of his scholarship, fighting coaches, and tweeting out cryptic and dramatic shit about how wild his recruitment is going to be, I don't think he's a dude that the staff will want anyway. Those dudes almost NEVER produce in college. 

didn’t he run a 4.9 at 330 lbs at a camp recently?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tree Fidy said:

C'mon man there is a place for this.

 

 

Kinda funny.... Machinator created this thread too....

Guess yah messed up "Tree Fidy"

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yea,  I imagine he has a brand to protect too.  If too many of his kids bust in d1 parents will wonder if it's worth the money,  and coaches will wonder if it's worth the money/butt kissing.

Carter’s footwork is not an issue. It’s his lack of ability to hold on to the gotdam football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have to stop clinging on to every word a kid says. 99% of the time it has zero to do with football. They're kids. They post cryptic shit on social media over the dumbest shit. If he comes, cool. If not, I'm sure Herman is working on grad transfers or they have other kids pegged that we don't know about. I hope he ends up at UT, but if not, I won't lose sleep over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day I follow any non-related teenager on social media is the day I should have all adult privileges revoked. That grown men  follow athletes on Twitter makes me SMDH.

People who report on recruiting for a living get a pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The day I follow any non-related teenager on social media is the day I should have all adult privileges revoked. That grown men  follow athletes on Twitter makes me SMDH.

People who report on recruiting for a living get a pass. 

If I had any rep to give I would like this........sadly, I am in the red 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeAngelloBeige said:

If I had any rep to give I would like this........sadly, I am in the red 😢

How are you still posting?  Weren't you banned like a month ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

How are you still posting?  Weren't you banned like a month ago?

This is a lingering question I've had. Are they just not allowed to start a thread or something?? How much in the red do they need to be to have posting privileges removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

This is a lingering question I've had. Are they just not allowed to start a thread or something?? How much in the red do they need to be to have posting privileges removed?

I mean, under his name it even says "banned"?  Surely being "banned" doesn't mean you can still post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

I mean, under his name it even says "banned"?  Surely being "banned" doesn't mean you can still post?

My thought exactly, but I've seen it happen a few times. Granted, I think most of the instances were with this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be shocked if he pans out wherever he ends up, Texas included. He’s gonna transfer at least once and be a general pain in the ass throughout his eligibility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not entirely fair to Shepherd. We went through a similar roller-coaster with Lampkin, and while he didn't ultimately pick Texas, he did go to BlowU and stay for all 4, with what seemed like minimal headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

he did go to BlowU and stay for all 4, with what seemed like minimal headache.

Uhh, no he didn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't he leave for the NFL because he failed out of school? I agree he wasn't a troublemaker though.
I don't remember him being so wishy-washy, just completely turned on UT after not qualifying. I would compare Javonne more to someone like Jordan Elliott, but to a lesser extent (Javonne doesn't have multiple decommitments).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...