Machinator

CFB coaching carousel

Kentucky: Mike Stoops is close to joining younger brother Mark’s staff, sources tell FootballScoop. 😂😂😂   

TCU: Kenny Hill has been promoted from GA to offensive analyst. Former Frog safety Eric Buchanan has joined the staff as a defensive analyst.

4 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

You probably do have to be brilliant to be the HC of a successful program at a major. 

Ed Orgeron Hilariously Responds When Asked About Paying A Man To Schedule ‘Cream Puff’ Games ...

21 hours ago, texifornia said:

Weren't his Florida defenses pretty good?

To CTJ's point, Charlie's UF defenses were probably good due to the "Jimmy's and the Joe's" and the SEC's predictable, vanilla offenses 14 years ago. Not Strong's X's & O's nor in-game adjustments.

23 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

Here's a question: did you ever play football? I'm talking about at a fairly high level, being coached by men paid to coach football? My high school football coach won a Texas 5A state championship,. That's not CFB, but that year, he coached the best high school team in the state, if not the country. I have often wondered how he could have earned a college degree, but he didn't go to play school, so there you go. It is not rocket science; it is not brain surgery. It's like fishing: it takes a certain set of skills, and a lot of practice, but you don't have to be super smart. Running an entire college program at a mid tier on up school does require intellect, but there are a lot of solid DCs and D line coaches, and linebacker coaches, who can't spell cat if you spot them the c and the t. Great thinkers? I can recall one of those wine sippers running our program. 

The motherfucker won a goddamn Broyles award, for chrissakes. 

Colorado: CU “may reach out to” Oklahoma defensive coordinator Alex Grinch and USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell, tweets Bruce Feldman.

HaHaHa......$9.95er was pranked!!

Colorado: Mike Klis has tweeted that “There might be a change of plans.” with regards to Eric Bieniemy. Stay tuned sports fans…. Update: Klis deleted the tweet saying he was prank called. Carry on.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 2/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, irishtexan said:

The motherfucker won a goddamn Broyles award, for chrissakes. 

So did Greg Davis. 

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Dorrell.  Wow.  I guess coaches can learn, but wow.  Good for him.

Well they liked their last bald black coach, and they're not very good at telling black people apart in Colorado? Best answer I can give. 

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well they liked their last bald black coach, and they're not very good at telling black people apart in Colorado? Best answer I can give. 

thats-racist.gif&f=1&nofb=1

That's a fucking awful hire.  Hiring Mike McIntyre back would have made much more sense.

Anyone else remember Dorrell's "big" season at UCLA?  They were something like 8-0 and 7th in the country when they went to Tuscon and a bad UA team hung 50 on them in a blowout.  UCLA then ended the season getting pasted something like 66-17 by USC.

Edited by Beau Vine

I understand the need to hire a coach as soon as possible but in the cases for CU and MSU, sometimes hiring a single season interim coach can be the right decision. Dorrell and Tucker are plain d and b- coaches at best. CU should have hired chiaverini and if things go sideways,  they have 10 months to find the right guy. Instead they have destined themselves to being what they are and nothing more. 

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

UCLA then ended the season getting pasted something like 66-17 by USC.

Yup...Left my wife and mom in the Rose Bowl about half way into the third quarter, and went out to the truck to drain the bar...

Wife drove home.

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

I understand the need to hire a coach as soon as possible but in the cases for CU and MSU, sometimes hiring a single season interim coach can be the right decision. Dorrell and Tucker are plain d and b- coaches at best. CU should have hired chiaverini and if things go sideways,  they have 10 months to find the right guy. Instead they have destined themselves to being what they are and nothing more. 

You seem to be smarter than about 99% of the athletic directors currently employed, and I mean that with all sincerity.  

13 hours ago, otisdog said:

Yup...Left my wife and mom in the Rose Bowl about half way into the third quarter, and went out to the truck to drain the bar...

Wife drove home.

I was there too, except it was at the Coliseum.  As was Neuheisel's 50-0 pasting.  I'm a glutton for punishment.

15 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

How'd that work out for Arkysaw a few years back?

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

How'd that work out for Arkysaw a few years back?

Was it bert after john l Smith? Sounds like a better hire than dorrell or tucker despite how it ended. They could have offered smith 3 years and they would have been more fucked.

Worked for Baylor though. 

I am just saying that if the best possible fit isn't available,  maybe it's ok to wait. Recruiting will be a mess but hiring the rightish guy will fix it. 

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I was there too, except it was at the Coliseum.  As was Neuheisel's 50-0 pasting.  I'm a glutton for punishment.

Okay, then I've got the wrong pasting....mine was @ the Rose Bowl...

Edit - Was the 2002 game, which was "only" 52-21....great birthday present....

Edited by otisdog

Just now, texifornia said:

Oh wow, that's wild

can't believe with all of the turnover there they haven't moved him to an on field role in the last X years.

Saban is going to break some shit tonight

original post says barring last-min change...

19 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Okay, then I've got the wrong pasting....mine was @ the Rose Bowl...

Edit - Was the 2002 game, which was "only" 52-21....great birthday present....

In your defense, there were a lot of them back then.

15 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

You seem to be smarter than about 99% of the athletic directors currently employed, and I mean that with all sincerity.  

ADs worry about dissatisfaction among their BMDs.

17 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Maybe Dorrell has a little of that "well, at least he's a really nice guy" Shaka Smart magic.

Edited by Dirk X West

15 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Maybe Dorrell has a little of that "well, at least he's a really nice guy" Shaka Smart magic.

Well, he certainly is a nice guy.  

Texas A&M: LSU running backs coach Tommie Robinson is joining Jimbo’s staff in the same capacity, Billy Liucci tweets.

LSU: Back in early February Ed Orgeron shared that director of player development Kevin Faulk would be promoted in the event that running backs coach Tommie Robinson were to leave. With Robinson off to Texas A&M, Bruce Feldman tweets Faulk will fill the vacated role.

wow I was wondering if Colorado had hired a coach....I just found out they hired one a week or so ago....welcome to not being relevant and they should have hired a 1/4 bag of weed over Karl Dorrell

Posted (edited)

Coach BOOM changed a lot of staff... everyone at USC East looking for a lifeboat!!

• Penn State: Reports out of South Carolina are confirming that South Carolina defensive line coach John Scott Jr. has now officially accepted the same position at Penn State.
  • LA Rams: South Carolina running backs coach Thomas Brown is expected to leave and join the Rams staff, Bruce Feldman tweets. 
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: Bryan McClendon, who spent the last four seasons on the South Carolina staff including last year as the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, is reportedly joining the Steelers as wide receivers coach according to Dale Lolley of DK Pittsburgh Sports.
  • Texas Longhorns:  names Coleman Hutzler co-DC/LB coach. Hutzler comes to Austin from South Carolina and has extensive experience as a special teams coordinator.

https://gamecocksonline.com/news/2020/2/21/football-muschamp-announces-coaching-staff-assignments.aspx

Latest Change:  

Ole Miss: Matt Lindsey has been formally announced with the role of General Manager for the program. According to the release, he will “oversee the day-to-day operations of the Ole Miss football office, which includes administrative duties with player personnel, recruiting, staffing, performance analytics, academic support and other areas.” Lindsey spent the past three seasons as the director of player personnel at South Carolina and won the FootballScoop Player Personnel Director of the Year in 2018.

Edited by LTtxfan

Posted (edited)

https://footballscoop.com/news/re-ranking-the-length-of-fbs-coaching-tenures-from-1-to-130-2020-edition/

Wow interesting stuff... By Zach Barnett   January 22, 2019

Re-ranking the longest FBS head coaching tenures from 1-to-130: 2019 edition

1. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa – Dec. 2

2. Gary Patterson, TCU – Dec. 8

3. Kyle Whittingham, Utah – Dec. 9
4. Frank Solich, Ohio – Dec. 17

5. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State – Jan. 3
6. Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee – Dec. 12

7. Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern – July 7
8. Troy Calhoun, Air Force – Dec. 22

9. Nick Saban, Alabama – Jan. 3
10. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy – Dec. 8
11. David Cutcliffe, Duke – Dec. 15

12. Dabo Swinney, Clemson – Oct. 13

13. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame – Dec. 11
14. Doc Holliday, Marshall – Dec. 17

15. David Shaw, Stanford – Jan. 13

16. Mark Stoops, Kentucky – Nov. 27
17. Dave Doeren, NC State – Dec. 1
18. Gus Malzahn, Auburn – Dec. 4
19. Skip Holtz, Louisiana Tech – Dec. 14

20. Doug Martin, New Mexico State – Feb. 1
21. Chuck Martin, Miami (Ohio) – Dec. 3
22. Craig Bohl, Wyoming – Dec. 8
23. Dave Clawson, Wake Forest – Dec. 10
24(t). Chris Creighton, Eastern Michigan – Dec. 11
24(t). Bryan Harsin, Boise State – Dec. 11
26. Blake Anderson, Arkansas State – Dec. 19
27. Jeff Monken, Army – Dec. 24

28. James Franklin, Penn State – Jan. 11
29. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Jan. 17
30. Bill Clark, UAB – Jan. 21
31. Lance Leipold, Buffalo – Dec. 1
32. Philip Montgomery, Tulsa – Dec. 11
33. Paul Chryst, Wisconsin – Dec. 17
34. Pat Narduzzi, Pittsburgh – Dec. 26
35. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – Dec. 30

36. Matt Campbell, Iowa State – Nov. 29
37. Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Nov. 29
38. Clay Helton, USC – Nov. 30
39. Jason Candle, Toledo – Dec. 2
40. Bronco Mendenhall, Virginia – Dec. 4
41(t). Dino Babers, Syracuse – Dec. 5
41(t). Seth Littrell, North Texas – Dec. 5
43(t). Kirby Smart, Georgia – Dec. 6
43(t). Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Dec. 6
45. Willie Fritz, Tulane – Dec. 12
46. Matt Viator, Louisiana-Monroe – Dec. 14
47. Kalani Sitake, BYU – Dec. 19

48. Mike Neu, Ball State – Jan. 7
49. Jay Hopson, Southern Miss – Jan. 30
50. Lovie Smith, Illinois – March 7
51. Butch Davis, Florida International – Nov. 15
52(t). Ed Orgeron, LSU – Nov. 26
52(t). Tom Herman, Texas – Nov. 26
54. Tom Allen, Indiana – Dec. 1
55. Jeff Brohm, Purdue – Dec. 5
56. Brent Brennan, San Jose State – Dec. 7
57. Shawn Elliott, Georgia State – Dec. 8
58. Jay Norvell, Nevada – Dec. 9
59. Luke Fickell, Cincinnati – Dec. 10
60. Randy Edsall, Connecticut – Dec. 28

61. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota – Jan. 6
62. Tim Lester, Western Michigan – Jan. 13
63. Justin Wilcox, California – Jan. 14
64. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma – June 7
65. Chip Kelly, UCLA – Nov. 25
66. Dan Mullen, Florida – Nov. 26
67. Chad Lunsford, Georgia Southern – Nov. 27
68. Jonathan Smith, Oregon State – Nov. 29
69. Scott Frost, Nebraska – Dec. 2
70. Herm Edwards, Arizona State – Dec. 3
71. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M – Dec. 4
72. Josh Heupel, UCF – Dec. 5
73(t). Mike Bloomgren, Rice – Dec. 6
73(t). Dana Dimel, UTEP – Dec. 6
75(t). Steve Campbell, South Alabama – Dec. 7
75(t). Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Dec. 7
77. Mario Cristobal, Oregon – Dec. 8
78. Sonny Dykes, SMU – Dec. 11
79. Billy Napier, Louisiana-Lafayette – Dec. 15
80. Sean Lewis, Kent State – Dec. 21

81. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Jan. 14
82. Les Miles, Kansas – Nov. 18
83. Mack Brown, North Carolina – Nov. 26
84. Tyson Helton, Western Kentucky – Nov. 27
85(t). Scot Loeffler, Bowling Green – Nov. 28
85(t). Jake Spavital, Texas State – Nov. 28
87. Matt Wells, Texas Tech – Nov. 29
88. Jim McElwain, Central Michigan – Dec. 2
89(t). Walt Bell, Massachusetts – Dec. 3
89(t). Mike Houston, East Carolina – Dec. 3
91(t). Ryan Day, Ohio State – Dec. 4
91(t). Mike Locksley, Maryland – Dec. 4
91(t). Scott Satterfield, Louisville – Dec. 4
94. Will Healy, Charlotte – Dec. 5
95(t). Geoff Collins, Georgia Tech – Dec. 7
95(t). Hugh Freeze, Liberty – Dec. 7
97(t). Gary Andersen, Utah State – Dec. 10
97(t). Chris Klieman, Kansas State – Dec. 10
99. Tom Arth, Akron – Dec. 14
100. Manny Diaz, Miami – Dec. 30

101. Dana Holgorsen, Houston – Jan. 2
102. Neal Brown, West Virginia – Jan. 5
103. Chip Lindsey, Troy – Jan. 10
104. Rod Carey, Temple – Jan. 11
105(t). Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina – Jan. 18
105(t). Thomas Hammock, Northern Illinois – Jan. 18
107. Jimmy Lake, Washington – Dec. 2
108. Greg Schiano, Rutgers – Dec. 3
109. Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss – Dec. 7
110(t). Mike Norvell, Florida State – Dec. 8
110(t). Sam Pittman, Arkansas – Dec. 8
112(t). Ricky Rahne, Old Dominion – Dec. 9
112(t). Jeff Scott, South Florida – Dec. 9
112(t). Jeff Traylor, UTSA – Dec. 9
115. Eliah Drinkwitz, Missouri – Dec. 10
116. Steve Addazio, Colorado State – Dec. 11
117(t). Marcus Arroyo, UNLV – Dec. 13
117(t). Shawn Clark, Appalachian State – Dec. 13
117(t). Ryan Silverfield, Memphis – Dec. 13
120. Jeff Hafley, Boston College – Dec. 14
121. Kalen DeBoer, Fresno State – Dec. 17
122. Danny Gonzales, New Mexico – Dec. 17
123. Willie Taggart, Florida Atlantic – Dec. 18

124. Brady Hoke, San Diego State – Jan. 8
125. Mike Leach, Mississippi State – Jan. 9
126. Nick Rolovich, Washington State – Jan. 14
127. Dave Aranda, Baylor – Jan. 16
128. Todd Graham, Hawai’i – Jan. 22
129. Mel Tucker, Michigan State – Feb. 12
130. Karl Dorrell, Colorado – Feb. 23

Edited by LTtxfan

On 3/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, texifornia said:

Alabama will always do the same under the watch of Saban (simply reload & hire a few coaching retreads as analyst)...

Source tells FootballScoop Mark Stoops is planning to hire Oregon receivers coach Jovon Bouknight.

Bouknight spent one season at Oregon; and had coached at Utah State from 2009-2018. Following the 2018 season he was set to go with Matt Wells from Utah State to Texas Tech before Mario Cristobal offered him the same role at Oregon.

From his Oregon bio:

Bouknight was a standout wide receiver at Wyoming where he concluded his career ranked 20th all-time in NCAA history for both career receiving yards (3,626) and career receptions (250). He also ranks second all-time in Mountain West history in each of those two categories.

One of the top wide receivers in Mountain West history, Bouknight remains one of Wyoming’s top pass catchers and is still the school’s all-time leader in both all-purpose yards (5,921) and kickoff return yards (2,016). He also ranks second in career receptions and third for receiving yards after catching at least two passes in all 47 games of his collegiate career. That streak remained a Wyoming record up until 2014.

Bouknight was among the nation’s best receivers as a senior in 2005 as he was named one of 15 semifinalists for the Biletnikoff Award. He also earned honorable mention All-America honors from College Football News and first team All-Mountain West accolades after hauling in 1,116 yards through the air. He ended that season ranked ninth in the FBS for average receiving yards per game (101.5), 10th in all-purpose yards per game (160.45), 11th in kickoff return average (27.75), 12th in average receptions per game (7.0) and 15th in total receiving yards.

Texas: JW Walsh has joined the staff as an offensive analyst, per Max Olson of The Athletic. Walsh played quarterback for new ‘Horns offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich at Oklahoma State and coached running backs at Abilene Christian (FCS – TX) in 2019.

Weeks later, Colorado fans are still butt hurt.
Coach Tucker goes to twitter with a AMA

some of my favorite questions, so far are
- When are you going to flee in the middle of the night to an SEC school?
- How do you sleep at night?
How much did it hurt to completely abandoned your players, fans and donors when you high tailed it out of Boulder?
Did you even know Colorado fans cared about football before you left and hurt their feelings?
Why did you sneak out of Colorado? Do they trust you at Michigan?
why did you screw over CU football and buff nation??

I have got to tell you, there hasn't been a game or even a practice & those Buffalo tears are pretty hilarious