2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Can Florida football not win without playing serial killers and rapists? Tebow, you're needed for a day of prayer over the Florida football program.

Go get Steele, Herman.

I'm not blaming Steele for the UF saga, but nothing about his recruitment suggested to me that he is someone the staff would go after.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'm not blaming Steele for the UF saga, but nothing about his recruitment suggested to me that he is someone the staff would go after.

They did go after him and stopped when he no showed on them. Wasn't he good friends with Floyd?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought one was Golfclap. Maybe we can put the band back together. 

Unless you guys want me and Scholz to start talkin' Giles. 

Go back and re-read that and see who had the better take on things...

Gata has lost some battles (Clempson cough cough FBI investigation)  but I'll wait till the faxes are in before committing  seppuku

just read the Steele stuff...  pass the knife

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He was taking money from multiple schools including USC. There's a reason he never actually visited Texas. 

Ctj on point....

Chris Steele | Schools Being Considered | Sourced
– Super K

As you know by now, Florida defensive back, Chris Steele has entered his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal.

I have been told via a couple separate sources that Steele is currently interested in four schools: Oregon, Oklahoma, USC and Texas.

Oregon and Oklahoma were two schools that were in the running for Chris’ services until very late in his recruitment.

Sources on the Texas side tell me that so far, Texas is not in pursuit of Chris.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ctj on point....

Chris Steele | Schools Being Considered | Sourced
– Super K

As you know by now, Florida defensive back, Chris Steele has entered his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal.

I have been told via a couple separate sources that Steele is currently interested in four schools: Oregon, Oklahoma, USC and Texas.

Oregon and Oklahoma were two schools that were in the running for Chris’ services until very late in his recruitment.

Sources on the Texas side tell me that so far, Texas is not in pursuit of Chris.

So pretty much OU. Great...

On 5/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, campcrunk said:

I can't imagine that a Saban disciple like Cristobal will have any trouble finding a scholarship to pull.

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hammer..... meet......  Nail  💰💰💰💰💰

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/05/15/one-of-clemsons-expected-starters-at-lb-enters-transfer-portal/

Clemson grad transfer and was an assumed starter apparently. @Doc Sam Beckett if you have anymore info on why a starter would want to leave.

Weird deal, he’s designated that he doesn’t want to be contacted by other schools?

7 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Weird deal, he’s designated that he doesn’t want to be contacted by other schools?

I think he can still contact other schools which leads me to assume he might already know where he wants to go.

Edited by Not a Sock

40 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/05/15/one-of-clemsons-expected-starters-at-lb-enters-transfer-portal/

Clemson grad transfer and was an assumed starter apparently. @Doc Sam Beckett if you have anymore info on why a starter would want to leave.

Yeah, I like Shaq a lot and thought he was set to show out this year, but it sounds like another LB has shown more this spring and it was looking like a battle for the starting spot that Shaq would probably lose. 

No contact because he's going to Maryland, where he's from. 

Yeah, I like Shaq a lot and thought he was set to show out this year, but it sounds like another LB has shown more this spring and it was looking like a battle for the starting spot that Shaq would probably lose. 
No contact because he's going to Maryland, where he's from. 

Of course Maryland deals us a gut punch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Former Penn State quarterback Tommy Stevens and Mississippi State head coach Joe Moorhead have made plans to reunite in Starkville.

Dan Murphy  ESPN Staff Writer

Stevens declared his intentions Friday in a social media post to transfer to Mississippi State for his final season of college football. The fifth-year senior graduated from Penn State in December and will be eligible to play immediately for the Bulldogs.  "I am very blessed to have the opportunity to go to a place like Mississippi State where I can create more relationships, more experiences, " Stevens wrote in a social media post Friday morning. "A place that will give me the opportunity to compete at the highest level, and also a place where I can expand my education even further."

Stevens was long considered the heir apparent to record-setting Nittany Lions starter Trace McSorley. He instead found himself in a battle for playing time with junior Sean Clifford this spring after McSorley's departure. After spring practice ended without head coach James Franklin naming a starter, Stevens decided to explore other options for the end of his career. He visited several teams before deciding to join his former Penn State offensive coordinator at Mississippi State.

Moorhead ran the Nittany Lions' offense during Stevens' freshman and sophomore seasons before moving on for the Bulldogs job. He and the rest of the Penn State staff found ways to incorporate the highly athletic back-up into the offensive game plan at several positions. Stevens threw, received and ran for touchdowns during the 2017 season, Moorhead's last in Happy Valley. He was slowed by an undisclosed injury in 2018. "We look forward to Tommy joining our team and completing his final year of eligibility as a Mississippi State Bulldog. Tommy is very talented and will be an excellent addition to our roster," Moorhead said in a statement Friday. "He will have the opportunity to compete at quarterback this season. With nearly 100 days until kickoff, we are excited about our summer preparations as we continue to build a program that will make Mississippi State fans proud."

Stevens joins a roster that needs to replace its own outgoing record-breaking quarterback in Nick Fitzgerald. Junior Keytaon Thompson appeared in nine games last season, including two starts, for the Bulldogs and accounted for 10 total touchdowns. He competed with a couple of underclassmen to replace Fitzgerald this spring without officially winning the job.

22 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Is he going to be getting a graduate degree in noodling?

Mississippi Noodling.....

Catfish Beware: Noodling Season is Here
POSTED ON MAY 1, BY NEWSADMIN

JACKSON, Miss. — Today you can grab buddies head into the water because it is the first day of grabblin, hand grabbing, noodling, or whatever you want to call it season. Basically you catch catfish with your hands.

The concept of catching a catfish with your hands sounds simple enough, but the process is a little more complicated. The “noodler” will search for a catfish hole and then place his hand inside. If everything goes as planned the catfish will latch onto the fisherman’s hand, or sometimes arm as a defensive mechanism in order to escape the hole. Then the fisherman is able to pull the catfish out of the water. The typical weight for a flathead catfish caught by noodling is about 40 pounds.

A valid sport-finishing license is required to go hand grabbing. The season ends July 15.

Also....

Hand-Grabbing or Noodling for Catfish in Mississippi

http://www.nighthawkpublications.com/journal/2010/27/journal_5.htm

LSU DB Kelvin Joseph has entered the portal. That's now six signees from the 2018 class who are leaving LSU; 6/22 signees. Over a quarter of the class, and they haven't even been on campus for a full cycle. 

Four of the six are kids who were at the bottom of their class; #'s 18, 19, 21, and 22, out of 22, in class rank. Another was #8. So basically, a class known for having star power at the top and bread at the bottom is losing a bunch of bread. 

Except for this latest one; Joseph was their #2 rated kid and played a lot as a freshman, and as a DB who can play all five or six spots, he was expected to compete for a starting spot. So this one actually hurts. 

I don't think losing a bunch of bread from a single class will sink a program or anything, but if this trend continues in future classes, LSU won't be as talented as they've been in the past. Their 2019 class had some notable trouble makers, some qualification risks, a guy who might play baseball, a deep snapper and a kicker, and a couple recruits who are obese. It'll be interesting to see how that class pans out. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

LSU DB Kelvin Joseph has entered the portal. That's now six signees from the 2018 class who are leaving LSU; 6/22 signees. Over a quarter of the class, and they haven't even been on campus for a full cycle. 

I don't think losing a bunch of bread from a single class will sink a program or anything, but if this trend continues in future classes, LSU won't be as talented as they've been in the past. Their 2019 class had some notable trouble makers, some qualification risks, a guy who might play baseball, a deep snapper and a kicker, and a couple recruits who are obese. It'll be interesting to see how that class pans out. 

Hopefully we are negative recruiting them as much as they're negative recruiting us.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Four of the six are kids who were at the bottom of their class; #'s 18, 19, 21, and 22, out of 22, in class rank. Another was #8. So basically, a class known for having star power at the top and bread at the bottom is losing a bunch of bread. 

Except for this latest one; Joseph was their #2 rated kid and played a lot as a freshman, and as a DB who can play all five or six spots, he was expected to compete for a starting spot. So this one actually hurts. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ah, the ole Mike Williams transfer special. Turns out, they'll pay it if the player simply drives around the block a few times with Google Maps visibly up on their phone. 

This is interesting. Apparently he was at a concert in Miami on stage with some rapper, and the rapper later got shot at. When he later talked to the cops, he was apparently a shithead, and word got back to LSU. On top of that, he was suspended from their bowl game, unclear if it was due to weed or grades.