Jump to content
mdmost

The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

Recommended Posts

Will he nuke it from orbit?

Only way to be sure

 

 

And during this isolation I made the call(probably a bad call) to let my son watch predator, terminator 1 & 2 and Aliens with me this week... he loves them, Aliens was tops for him though. He wanted to watch the ops room tracker scene again right after it was over...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is your kid? My best friend’s dad let all the neighborhood kids watch Predator,  Terminator, Commando, etc when I was around eight, and I turned out ok.*

*obligatory “for a Surly asshole.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he replaced her in a follow up cartoon that would be one thing. Live action is completely different. Rosario Dawson isn't a slouch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The lady who has voiced Ahsoka from the beginning made a statement yesterday that reads like she’s pissed at Filoni for not being considered for the live role. 

I know they made an online thing about it before that she’d be perfect to play her if Ashoka ever went live action but she’s super white... That’d be like Dee Bradley baker playing Rex now days...


8143a18c07abdb4a3789828a5b851f25.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:


I know they made an online thing about it before that she’d be perfect to play her if Ashoka ever went live action but she’s super white... That’d be like Dee Bradley baker playing Rex now days...


8143a18c07abdb4a3789828a5b851f25.jpg

2,1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The lady who has voiced Ahsoka from the beginning made a statement yesterday that reads like she’s pissed at Filoni for not being considered for the live role. 

In her defense, she carried the Ahsoka torch for a long time, even when there was no active shows in production.   I’ve been to a convention where a shit-ton of people stood in line for her autographs, photos, whatever, and she had her fans.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not saying Ashley should automatically get the nod, but I’m not totally feeling RD as Ahsoka. Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters ever and I really want them to do her justice. She has such an interesting arc across Clone Wars and Rebels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahoska is a pretty big character, and a fan favorite. They had to go with a name actress. Rosario Dawson is pretty connected, and definitely a Star Wars fan, but her resume is a little sparse. 
 

Her last good movie was Sin City (2005). Last good movie she starred in, 25th Hour (2002). A lot of voice work/TV since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She was a regular on four Marvel projects, Daredevil, Iron Fist, The Defenders and Luke Cage. Marvel properties are owned by Disney. 

Edited by mdmost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ahoska is a pretty big character, and a fan favorite. They had to go with a name actress. Rosario Dawson is pretty connected, and definitely a Star Wars fan, but her resume is a little sparse. 
 

Her last good movie was Sin City (2005). Last good movie she starred in, 25th Hour (2002). A lot of voice work/TV since then. 

what? did no one watch Trance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Viper said:

what? did no one watch Trance? 

As @mdmost pointed out, she’s earned her keep on Marvel TV. I guess they need somebody about Dawson’s age. Personally, I can see Dawson as Ahoska. 

But yeah, she hasn’t been a feature film star, or regular, for quite some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

As @mdmost pointed out, she’s earned her keep on Marvel TV. I guess they need somebody about Dawson’s age. Personally, I can see Dawson as Ahoska. 

But yeah, she hasn’t been a feature film star, or regular, for quite some time

As opposed to Pablo whoever, Nick nolte , Gina carano, and Carl weathers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 2:59 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

The lady who has voiced Ahsoka from the beginning made a statement yesterday that reads like she’s pissed at Filoni for not being considered for the live role. 

I dig her. She has a legit gripe but she needs to be careful. I don't think they started development on the Rebels sequel with Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra. Would suck if they had someone else voice Ahsoka for that series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I dig her. She has a legit gripe but she needs to be careful. I don't think they started development on the Rebels sequel with Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra. Would suck if they had someone else voice Ahsoka for that series.

Is that an actual thing or a theory?  I haven't heard anything about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
She was a regular on four Marvel projects, Daredevil, Iron Fist, The Defenders and Luke Cage. Marvel properties are owned by Disney. 


Well, she was the same supporting character in all of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. People were acting like she hasn't done much in a while. She also starts in a show on the USA Network. If they created Sabine, I wouldn't think they should cast the person who voiced her either. This is such a dumb manufactured controversy by people online. Not saying here but Reddit is acting all whiny about this. Star Wars fans are the worst. 

Edited by mdmost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Okay. People were acting like she hasn't done much in a while. She also starts in a show on the USA Network. If they created Sabine, I wouldn't think they should cast the person who voiced her either. This is such a dumb manufactured controversy by people online. Not saying here but Reddit is acting all whiny about this. Star Wars fans are the worst. 

I mean it wouldn't be the worst casting, plus always great to get a UT alumn some work

499?cb=20180414045912rexfeatures_9062132dj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You ever seen the guy who voices Ezra? Give him a haircut and he's actually not that far off. And the MF who voices Thrawn would be a dead ringer. Paint his ass blue. He's also Mads Mikkelsen's brother (Galen Erso).

500?cb=20160823191143

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You ever seen the guy who voices Ezra? Give him a haircut and he's actually not that far off. And the MF who voices Thrawn would be a dead ringer. Paint his ass blue. He's also Mads Mikkelsen's brother (Galen Erso).
500?cb=20160823191143

Yeah Lars mikkelsen does kinda look like Thrawn.

When he was on the Witcher, I happened to be reading a text but as he started talking a snapped up saying “Thrawn?!?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that guy could totally play Thrawn.

So who would eventually play Ezra?  IIRC, I think Ezra was supposed to be *roughly* the same age as Luke and Leia right?  I know they were both supposed to be 19 at the time of ANH.... seems like Ezra would have been in that same ballpark, or perhaps even maybe a year or two younger.

So during the time of the Mandalorian, he should be..what... late 20s/early 30s, give or take a few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah that guy could totally play Thrawn.

So who would eventually play Ezra?  IIRC, I think Ezra was supposed to be *roughly* the same age as Luke and Leia right?  I know they were both supposed to be 19 at the time of ANH.... seems like Ezra would have been in that same ballpark, or perhaps even maybe a year or two younger.

So during the time of the Mandalorian, he should be..what... late 20s/early 30s, give or take a few years?

I mentioned Wilmer valderama on another thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m not saying Ashley should automatically get the nod, but I’m not totally feeling RD as Ahsoka. Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters ever and I really want them to do her justice. She has such an interesting arc across Clone Wars and Rebels.

Same. I LOVE RD. And I’m sure she’ll pull it off.

But much like Gal Gadot, who’s been great at WW(I was super skeptical at first) I still don’t think she’s really WW to me. I have no complaints though with her. Just thought someone bigger, bustier?, should have played her.

Kind of like Ryan Reynolds IS Deadpool. And Margot Robbie took Harley Quinn to a point I can’t picture anyone else...I’m not sure Dawson can do that yet.

But I have am hopeful and have faith in Filoni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

I mentioned Wilmer valderama on another thread

I know actors can often play younger, but he's 40.  Ezra (I think) would be in his late 20s during the time of the Mandalorian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah there are quite a few good Hispanic actors that could play an older Ezra... hell I kinda thought benicio del toro might have been Ezra in the last Jedi before they made him have a weird lisp for some reason.

Gael Garcia Bernal would also be a solid choice for an older Ezra.

Wilmer would be a decent choice as well.

All of them would have to work on losing the accent though.

Agent Kallus could be played by leiv schreiber, he had the same beard when he played sabertooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...