The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

On 10/24/2020 at 10:48 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

Yeah, which is best is debatable. They are all spectacular. I think the Clone Wars finale may be the most dramatic (and that’s saying something if you’ve seen Rebels s2 finale and s3 Twin Suns) due to what is happening elsewhere in real time, and how the galaxy could’ve easily turned out so differently if other things had happened or just happened a few hours earlier. Enjoy it. 

Both series finales were good enough, along with the season finales you mentioned (and a few individuals like Dume, Ezra getting his crystal, wrapping up Ashoka arc, darksaber) are all good enough that I wouldn’t fault anyone who picked one as their favorite. It’s awesome that there were that many great ones. If Filoni pulls that off feel in a live episode with the movie like product they have, it might be an episode that competes with the OT for best all times  

On 10/24/2020 at 10:48 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

Yeah, which is best is debatable. They are all spectacular. I think the Clone Wars finale may be the most dramatic (and that’s saying something if you’ve seen Rebels s2 finale and s3 Twin Suns) due to what is happening elsewhere in real time, and how the galaxy could’ve easily turned out so differently if other things had happened or just happened a few hours earlier. Enjoy it. 

On 10/26/2020 at 9:03 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Both series finales were good enough, along with the season finales you mentioned (and a few individuals like Dume, Ezra getting his crystal, wrapping up Ashoka arc, darksaber) are all good enough that I wouldn’t fault anyone who picked one as their favorite. It’s awesome that there were that many great ones. If Filoni pulls that off feel in a live episode with the movie like product they have, it might be an episode that competes with the OT for best all times  

What do you consider the series finale of clone wars? Season 5, 6, or 7?

The 4 episode Clone Wars season 7 finale might very well be the best thing produced in the Star Wars franchise since the original trilogy in the ‘80s. 

I can’t wait for Mando season 2, and a big reason for that is the CW S7 finale. Specifically, Rex and Ahsoka. Hoping Rex makes an appearance since Temuera Morrison will already be involved. 

Personally, I liked Rebels better, but mainly because it was a little tighter. Clone Wars was really good, especially after it hit its stride, but it covered too much. Some of the story arcs are some of the best Star Wars put on film, but there is just so much there and I'm the kind of person who has to watch everything just in case there is something important I might have missed.

42 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Um...obviously not. Last time it dropped at 11 pm, so I am holding out hope for that and watching Battlestar Galactica in the mean time.

It's going live sometime after midnight on the west coast so anyone in Texas should put on a pot of coffee.

I just finished my S1 rewatch.  My body is ready. 

Edited by Continental Op

8 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

The 4 episode Clone Wars season 7 finale might very well be the best thing produced in the Star Wars franchise since the original trilogy in the ‘80s. 

I can’t wait for Mando season 2, and a big reason for that is the CW S7 finale. Specifically, Rex and Ahsoka. Hoping Rex makes an appearance since Temuera Morrison will already be involved. 

I know rex was at endor, did he survive?

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I know rex was at endor, did he survive?

Sabine mentions that he fought at the Battle of Endor, but doesn’t mention anything beyond that. He’s the rebel with a blonde beard on the Endor moon in Jedi, supposedly. That’s the guy that dresses up as the Biker Scout when Han breaks into the Shield Generator. 

I’m guessing he did, and that he’ll show up. Too good a character for Filoni to discard him.

So are not supposed to discuss the episode? In case people are wanting to discuss last year’s season without running into spoilers for the episode everyone will now want to discuss? Fuck that. Don’t check in on the Mandalorian thread if you don’t want to discuss the latest Mandalorian episode.

First episode was very solid. Doesn’t really advance the plot much but very entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

So are not supposed to discuss the episode? In case people are wanting to discuss last year’s season without running into spoilers for the episode everyone will now want to discuss? Fuck that. Don’t check in on the Mandalorian thread if you don’t want to discuss the latest Mandalorian episode.

First episode was very solid. Doesn’t really advance the plot much but very entertaining.

I've always thought we should do spoilers by season/episode.  That way we could keep the general talk and the spoiler stuff in one thread, and it makes it easier to follow discussions if you're catching back up.  If you've only watched to S1E4 you know not to open S1E5 and on spoilers.

S2E1

Spoiler

I haven't seen it yet, but if I had I'd comment here.  

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

Was it good? Yes

Did it feel like it should have been a season premier? Ehhhh

• Hook 'Em 1

Surprised Mando toon the armor in the end. Guess he didn’t know the Fetts enough to know the truth.

Dang good episode.

They jam packed a lot of Easter eggish stuff in there, old republic game, the prequels, OT, clone wars, and few couple of books got mentioned. I liked that they even called back to Obi Wan making a Kryat Dragon sound to scare away the raiders.

They also didn’t really say where that first scene took place but man that looked like what remains of Lothal down to the graffiti.

My only thing was I wish they’d have kept Mando just doing sign language with the Tuskan Raiders.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m assuming we are abiding by if it’s aired, we can talk about it rule 

I’m assuming Boba armor helped him survive the sarlac just like Mandos beskar armor helped him survive the belly of the dragon. In that case, I don’t know how the armor was acquired by the Jawas, but maybe we saw Boba at the end in the black?

Edited by Neonmoon

It's definitely Boba Fett's armor. The color and dent in the top are exactly like the armor from the OT. I'd imagine that's either Rex or Boba at the end. Probably Boba and being inside the Sarlacc forced him to lose the armor to get out. Or he had to trade the armor to the Jawas for medical help after he clawed his way out which is why they were in possession of it. 

I really enjoyed the episode. That is the kind of story I want to see. They take something I was interested in from the original movie and expand upon it in much greater detail: the Sandpeople and their way of life. I love Timothy Olyphant popping up on random shows as a marshall. Guy loves to play that part. I also enjoy them delving into how not everything was great after the fall of the Empire. It did all get tied up with a happy bow like at the end of Jedi. It's such a vast universe and I'm glad they're exploring the dark corners of it. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

So, in season 1 Mando enters the layer of the Mandalorians. There is a figure that is briefly seen wearing Boba Fett's armor. How does this fit in with the story as we know it now? Dave Filoni doesn't let a character fart without coming back to it somehow. Is there a connection there, or was that just an easter egg thrown in for the fans because they didn't know it would be the success it is?

B185E32B-6149-4FDA-86E3-0A372708CCDA.jpeg.f0e75a5c73af41c6ef6d6e7f3acdb1b8.jpeg

Same color armor but nothing confirming it was Boba in season one, Feloni having fun me thinks.

As for season 2, as someone who never ventured into the expanded universe, I always considered Boba as a minor OT character being digested slowly in a Sarlacc pit.  Will be very disappointed if he was the man in black.