The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

B185E32B-6149-4FDA-86E3-0A372708CCDA.jpeg.f0e75a5c73af41c6ef6d6e7f3acdb1b8.jpeg

Same color armor but nothing confirming it was Boba in season one, Feloni having fun me thinks.
As for season 2, as someone who never ventured into the expanded universe, I always considered Boba as a minor OT character being digested slowly in a Sarlacc pit.  Will be very disappointed if he was the man in black.

It’s boba, the clones would be extremely old at that point. They had their genetics altered to age faster, which is why Rex had a grey beard by Rebels. Boba was an unaltered clone of Jango.

33 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

It’s boba, the clones would be extremely old at that point. They had their genetics altered to age faster, which is why Rex had a grey beard by Rebels. Boba was an unaltered clone of Jango.

Yeah agreed.

Fioloni planted the seeds throughout the episode to make it where Boba escaped the Sarlaac.  The armor looked extremely damaged and then Mando going into the belly of the Krayt Dragon and making it out sealed the deal, IMO.

I'm expecting we get a flashback scene at some point showing how he escaped and how the Jawas obtained his armor.

Edited by oSuJeff97

31 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah agreed.

Fioloni planted the seeds throughout the episode to make it where Boba escaped the Sarlaac.  The armor looked extremely damaged and then Mando going into the belly of the Krayt Dragon and making it out sealed the deal, IMO.

I'm expecting we get a flashback scene at some point showing how he escaped and how the Jawas obtained his armor.

I need to go back and rewatch I guess but they talked about the dragon living in an empty sarlaac pit, and then talked about how it can be empty. Could that also be a hint that something happened/was done to the pit allowing boba to escape?

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

This. Rex has a beard. IF, a big hopeful if, Rex is in this season, chances are he will have a shaved head and a beard. Boba having a bald head could just be convenient costuming for Temeura Morrison. They’re clones, so they all look relatively the same.

My guess is that Boba and Dinn cross paths, and Boba points him towards Ahsoka and Rex. Throw Sabine in the mix looking for the Dark Sabre, and now you have a season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I need to go back and rewatch I guess but they talked about the dragon living in an empty sarlaac pit, and then talked about how it can be empty. Could that also be a hint that something happened/was done to the pit allowing boba to escape?

They mentioned that the Krayt Dragons are bad enough to kill a Sarlaac when they want.

Solid first episode, it's been said multiple times but damn I love the Western motif.  Also on all the easter eggs/fan service, it's continually amazing how much better it is done here with small nods if not a key part of the plot or thoughtful understated weaving in to the plot when it is vs what the big movies did with shoehorning crap in "look at me, look at me, look at me....it's the medal you never got Chewie" and shit like that.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Right. For the most part, the easter eggs aren't ham fisted like what you see in the movies, well except for some of the Amy Sedaris part. It's all cool shit that was briefly touched on in the OT like the cyclops boss being an alien species that was in 2 seconds of the Cantina scene. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

Is it really that much of a spoiler when it is the same actor who played Jango Fett and Commander Cody (his clone). It's obviously either Boba Fett or a clone, but clone seems real unlikely.

I mean they could have the kamino cloning facility producing that low level MK 2 clone to hunt for the baby... they did have the doc in the first season wanting to use the baby for something out there.

It’s a little weak if they do but they could.

I’m still thinking they just might try to introduce the Reborn Dark Jedi like from the Jedi outcast games. Well really just hoping that would be the case. Since we’ve seen the Outrider in the ST, I want Kyle Katarn and the Moldy Crow to get Easter egged into the universe

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

I I love Timothy Olyphant popping up on random shows as a marshall. Guy loves to play that part. 

Had no idea that was going to happen, so was incredibly thrilled to see him basically playing Raylan again.   I'm always 21 feet away from re-cranking the whole "Justified" series again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Had no idea that was going to happen, so was incredibly thrilled to see him basically playing Raylan again.   I'm always 21 feet away from re-cranking the whole "Justified" series again.

He’s also a US deputy marshal in Fargo this season.

I’m thinking that might have been mentioned above already , siap

6 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Is it really that much of a spoiler when it is the same actor who played Jango Fett and Commander Cody (his clone). It's obviously either Boba Fett or a clone, but clone seems real unlikely.

I went on a nerd binge to see if Jango/Boba are Mandolorians.   Jango could have been but Boba seems like he would not be.  Mandolorians were not a race but a culture from what I understood, and Boba didn't grow up with their culture.  Then I came across that.  I wanted to respect not being a spoiler since it was not my opinion or reasoning that I was referencing. I have spoken.

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I went on a nerd binge to see if Jango/Boba are Mandolorians.   Jango could have been but Boba seems like he would not be.  Mandolorians were not a race but a culture from what I understood, and Boba didn't grow up with their culture.  Then I came across that.  I wanted to respect not being a spoiler since it was not my opinion or reasoning that I was referencing. I have spoken.

Super need time.

He claims to be from Concord Dawn, Mandalore disavowed him being a Mandalorian but rather a merc with stolen armor.

As per Lucas and later Filoni so you know it’s going to remain this way, The Fetts we’re not Mandalorian but rather a merc who enjoyed the stolen valor. He was a badass and feared enough to be sought after by the Sith.

However we’ve also seen that Mandalorians also aren’t only those from Mandalore and Concord Dawn but those that also adhere to their Creed.
  • Like 1

Hot damn that was fucking great! Finally had a chance to watch this morning.

I had no idea TO was going to be in it so that was awesome. I hope we get more of him.

I knew that the bartender must be a recognizable actor so thanks for connecting those dots up-thread. Nice John Leguizamo cameo too.

My jaw dropped a little when it dawned on me who that actor was in the final shot. I’m (even more) stoked for this season.

On 10/31/2020 at 11:17 AM, DeepEastTexas said:

This. Rex has a beard. IF, a big hopeful if, Rex is in this season, chances are he will have a shaved head and a beard. Boba having a bald head could just be convenient costuming for Temeura Morrison. They’re clones, so they all look relatively the same.

Username checks out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, huge said:

Jeff, IMA have to check that out.

Also I finally finished S7 of Clone Wars last night.  Wow.  Seriously I didn't know to expect that weight.  We are all in good hands as long as Filoni is involved.

Morning all-

Please forgive my ignorance, but Filoni is one of the Directors; yes? 
If so, did any of you watch the special documentary interview with Favreau and the other S1 Directors round table? 
Filoni talks about the phone call leading up to his “interview” with GL.  Pretty cool stuff.

Morning all-
Please forgive my ignorance, but Filoni is one of the Directors; yes? 
If so, did any of you watch the special documentary interview with Favreau and the other S1 Directors round table? 
Filoni talks about the phone call leading up to his “interview” with GL.  Pretty cool stuff.

Yep it’s good stuff.

Filoni has been known as GL-lite, or hardcore to some. He’s basically Luke to GL’s Yoda. He’s an encyclopedia of Star Wars canon and legend while at the same time knowing what GL intended with aspects of the universe.

Favreau is the muscle on tech and industry, he has the MCU long game down pat and he brought that to Star Wars so Filoni can create these stories that appease the masses but also get the Star Wars nerds excited again.

He gave us Ashoka and brought Thrawn back to life and somehow made him even better so he’ll always be a god to me in Star Wars
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

Yep it’s good stuff.

Filoni has been known as GL-lite, or hardcore to some. He’s basically Luke to GL’s Yoda. He’s an encyclopedia of Star Wars canon and legend while at the same time knowing what GL intended with aspects of the universe.

Favreau is the muscle on tech and industry, he has the MCU long game down pat and he brought that to Star Wars so Filoni can create these stories that appease the masses but also get the Star Wars nerds excited again.

He gave us Ashoka and brought Thrawn back to life and somehow made him even better so he’ll always be a god to me in Star Wars

Great summary of Filoni.  

Favreau is definitely the show-runner of The Mandalorian, but Filoni is very obviously heavily involved, from overall story development to directing duties. He directed Season 1, Episode 1 and he's set to direct an episode during this season, and I would be very surprised if it wasn't the episode where a certain someone makes their live action debut.

On 11/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, Speedtrucker said:

This sounds sappy, and it is, but Mandalorian, and Filoni's contribution to things, has really kept my spirits up about things - I'm rewatching all of the movies ahead of my son watching them, to see if there were any areas I forgot about that maybe we should skip.

And I got to Rise of Skywalker, and holy fuck, the second time around...it makes me genuinely sad at how bad the writing and story is.  Just really sad to see all of these obviously Star Wars things, and even some decent characters and cameos, and just see a story that amounts to one really big shitty fanfic, and I mean a really shitty fanfic.  It really does make Phantom Menace look like a fucking masterpiece.

Mandalorian and Filoni make me happy that after we work our way through the movies, he will be tackling the rest of the animated stuff, and then Mandalorian.

I've maintained since Rogue One that the reason you might find the movies and shows outside of the Skywalker universe more enjoyable is they're not forced to carry the mythos of the OT with them. They can take risks and try different things because the universe is too vast to be pigeonholed into just dealing with the Skywalker clan. Filoni and Jon aren't bound by the typical conventions of what people expect in a Star Wars movie so they can explore things gleaned from the OT like the Sandpeople or what bounty hunters do. They can explore the Mandalorian culture. I'm really excited how well the show has been received because it's shown Disney that there is a fan base for shows that don't involve Jedis. 

It was a good episode. It demonstrated they are still being hunted. The world is still dangerous, Mando has few friends but some respect/reputation. Still continuing the Lone Wolf and Cub story and the growing bond, parental relationship Mando has with Kid.

Kid behaves like a kid.

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

He was eatin them babies.  No fucks given 

they weren't fertilized, technically no different than eating chicken eggs or caviar. I guess the frog lady didn't keep count of the eggs?

Edited by Viper

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

No pleasing some of you 

It's an 8 episode season.  When the seasons are that short, it's important to move the plot along.  I don't think this episode succeeded in doing that very well.  Especially after last episode's ending with the mystery clone walking off.  

Maybe it will tie together next week, but this week's episode fell flat.