The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

9 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

But really. How are they going to tie this into the sequels? Where were Asoka and yoda jr during all that stuff? And the mandolorians? Just sitting out while the first order and Rey and Kylo were out doing stuff?

It's a pretty big galaxy.  Questions like this make me think of Capatin Marvel. "Where was she, with her magnificent powers during all this stuff!?"  Well, she had her own problems.

16 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

But really. How are they going to tie this into the sequels? Where were Asoka and yoda jr during all that stuff? And the mandolorians? Just sitting out while the first order and Rey and Kylo were out doing stuff?

I trust that Filoni will come up with something great. I suspect that (spoiler tagging this just in case) ...

Spoiler

the "unknown regions" where Thrawn and Ezra have been hanging out through the entire Galactic Civil War will come into play.  Very possible that the series goes into that part of the mythology, eventually featuring live action versions of those two characters and the show possibly ends with baby Yoda "in hiding" there to shield him from the emerging threat of the First Order or something like that?

On 11/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, aggie08 said:

Honest question: is the audience supposed to view the Mandalorian as a bad ass, or a dude who, while skilled, is out of his depth?

Other than absorbing blaster fire with his magic armor, he wasn't necessary for the ship hijacking, and was easily the weak link of the 4. They've also used the "Mando takes a complete stranger at his word, who immediately betrays him and gets the upper hand" trope a few times now, with no lesson learned.

Not a complaint, just curious about where the character arch is supposed to be starting from.

He's Clint Eastwood not John Wayne

• Hook 'Em 3

So I'm thinking this ties into the terrible storyline from Rise of Skywalker. I'm wondering if those were attempts to clone the Emperor, create Snoke, or create Dark Force troopers. Those troopers looks huge. 

Oh and Gideon was on a Clone Wars era Star Destroyer. 

Edited by mdmost

If you saw the Mandalorian Gallery thing, then you should have an idea about how Filoni can pull all of these random elements and themes together and present them as one cohesive theme. Everybody thought the prequels were just a big steaming pile of crap, but if you listen to what he says about them, they sound like literary masterpieces. If there is anybody who can pick up the pieces and make the sequels more coherent he is the guy. He is basically the english teacher you hated from junior high who read way too much into Of Mice and Men, except he is doing it to redeem Star Wars.

• Hook 'Em 1

So I'm thinking this ties into the terrible storyline from Rise of Skywalker. I'm wondering if those were attempts to clone the Emperor, create Snoke, or create Dark Force troopers. Those troopers looks huge. 

The recording does say they needed the child because he has a high midi-chlorian count, so whatever they are cloning is supposed to be a force wielder.

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

My thinking too.  Not sure which it is, but it's creating or cloning something that can use the dark side.  After finally watching the Clone Wars and seeing Filoni flesh it out, I do agree there was a good story there.  It probably would have been amazing if he had been involved.

Edited by kevwun

36 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Anyone have a link to the Clone Wars/rebels watch guide. Has an order that jumps around a bit and skips the pointless episodes. 

There’s a link on page 32 of this thread for CW episodes. I haven’t seen one for Rebels, but that’s a shorter series. I’d watch all of Rebels. Actually, I’d watch all of CW. I really enjoyed that series. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm assuming there was an episode or arc that dealt with Rex having to leave Echo behind.  I don't think it was included the Clone Wars watch guide.  You get the gist of it though.  It skips all of Ashoka working with the Younglings also.

Edited by kevwun

I was feeling admittedly pretty lifted, but that episode had a lot of bad assness in it.  The red blue wire stuff had me howling with laughter.  Baby yoda swiping the cookies pretty funny as well.  The speeder-bike/TIE fighter scenes looked and sounded fantastic.  This shit is fun.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I was feeling admittedly pretty lifted, but that episode had a lot of bad assness in it.  The red blue wire stuff had me howling with laughter.  Baby yoda swiping the cookies pretty funny as well.  The speeder-bike/TIE fighter scenes looked and sounded fantastic.  This shit is fun.

This really feels like an extension of Filoni's animated work - they have returned to multiple location, and are just fleshing them out in a big way.

The effects were amazing, and on par with anything in the sequel trilogy, as was the action.  

Carl Weathers did a good job of directing this one.

Imagine going back 4-5 years and telling people that the best Star Wars was on TV, being directed by people like Bryce Dallas Howard and Carl Weathers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Have to admit I was annoyed that it was yet another side quest and we got the head fake on Ahsoka. But it was a pretty badass side quest. 

And by side quest, you mean we learned exactly what is motivating the main bad guy, what he is actively doing, and why they are hunting The Child?  And that we learned the main bad guy is still alive?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Thought this episode was gonna be a simple sabotage mission but instead they did advance the story pretty importantly.

I jumped up at the Mcount and failed strand casts because I was thinking ok, first order emperor here we go. Then the dark troopers scene was like hell yeah!!!

This is like 1 tiny strip closer to my boy Kyle Katarn and the Moldy Crow becoming canon again.

Pumped!